• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM292 J Pig Noob Best Edition on Brown Asso Leather Strap 'REVIEW'

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
PAM292 J Pig Noob Best Edition on Brown Asso Leather Strap 'REVIEW w PICS'

Hi Guys,

I thought I would write my thoughts on my new PAM 292J I bought from PT.

http://puretime.co/product/pam292-j-pig-11-noob-best-edition-on-brown-asso-leather-strap/

I wish to make clear that I have dealt with other TD's on this site and am not biased towards PT but they are one of my preferred dealer(s). This is the end result of my extensive research on TD’s on RWI, other members feedback/comments and my own experience with recent purchases.

I have sourced a few reps from PT in the last month or so and it has always been a pleasure to deal with them. So hats off to Angus, Francis and the team for their great communication, easy purchasing process and patience in QC team.

Shipping – from China to Conus

I purchased the watch on 2nd August 2012 it was delivered in CONUS on 16th August 2012. There were no delivery issues and customs clearance was a 2 day process. Tracking updated it all the way to my front door.
Side note - I was advised by PT (Francis) there would be a minor wait before my purchase given stock delivery so I was aware that an extra few days in delivery could be expected.
In the big scheme of things my usual delivery time from PT from time of purchase is between 8-10 business days. This covers any issues QC issues (which in most cases has been a green light on the first set of pics) time in customs and postal handling.

The Watch

Quality -

On unwrapping the watch I felt the weight to be solid and well constructed – not that heavy for a watch that size 45mm however it does have brown leather asso shoes on. In light of all the speculation on the ceramic case and other factory reps being offered in the market place I honestly felt good about my decision. On the wrist it feels great, very comfortable and the asso leather strap is second to none. I am usually one for wearing rubber straps and black in color so the color combination is different to what I am use to but in the short term to put it simply it’s ‘easy on the eye’.

The dial and lume is a thing of beauty, I am considering sending for mods – double AR but will decide when I spend more time with it. I will make the point that it certainly is an eye catcher at night with the ‘super lume; it does have no problems with bringing the 292’s dial to life. Usually with some reps you need a ‘lume mod’ to achieve the same result however straight out of the box the 292 steps up to the plate and hits a home run.

I was expecting the 292 to sit higher off the wrist however I have AP’s and they do the job well for that. In the case of the 292 it is an ideal height at 13.8mm.

Generally speaking I think the watch is Perfect for both business and casual attire.The brown/tan asso is great in color and the quality for a rep strap is high in my opinion. Those thinking of wearing it with a suit on a regular basis may wish to consider the black strap option or have a black strap on hand - personal preference really.

Movement -

This is a manual/hand winding watch – that meaning you need to pull the crown and wind the watch on a regular basis. I am use to wearing automatics and well its only been a few days and its started to become habitual.

Pictures -

PAM292002.jpg

PAM292003.jpg

PAM292006.jpg

PAM292007.jpg

PAM292008.jpg

PAM292009.jpg

PAM292010.jpg

PAM292012.jpg

PAM292015.jpg

Summary -

In short the watch looks and feels great on, it molds nicely around my 6.75 inch wrist with two holes in the strap spare (those with smaller wrists not going to have a problem here), the brown Asso leather strap and watch quality (the dial/case/AR crystal) is everything you would want in a REP @ $400. I have bought AP & Hublot reps at a much higher price and whilst they are in a different GEN price range all together both the quality and the feel of the watch share similarities and for this I ‘smile’. :)

On a side note within a few hours of saddling her up onto the wrist I received my first comment from a stranger in a coffee shop. I personally thought this was due to the watch color combination of the brown asso strap and the dark grey ceramic case as seen from a distance.

Hope this review helped and if you have any comments or feedback or would like to ask me any questions to help with your decision on purchasing a 292J feel free to PM me.

Thanks for reading.

TT.

Wedd

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/12
Thanks , great review ..
How does the color of the text on the dial and the hour indexes look? They both should be creamish color, looks a little white in the photos , maybe it's the lighting? Is the swiss made text also cream color?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi TT

This is an interesting review in the confused scene of this replica nowadays.
Moreover this review can clarify a little the quality of the PIG logos

I have enlarged the TT's PIG logo pic and make a comparison between GEN , H maker and Noob PIG logo. Unfortunately the different pic angles and light conditions make more difficult the comparison.

PIGCOMPARACIONGEN-NOOB-HMAKERcopiar.jpg

In Macro you can see the GEN is more detailed than Hmaker and Noob and the Noob PIG doesn't seem as bad as people say.
There is a lack of detail in two replicas, even Noob has more lack of detail in the torpedo "ribs" but in real size I'm afraid they are not visible.
Even the Noob divers seem less like "dolls" (H maker divers have a "doll" look IMO)
The grain dial texture is clearly better in Noob

In short, a very good replica leaving aside the price considerations and an acceptable PIG logo very similar to the competitor H maker and both worse than the gen one

Thanks TT for your effort
I'm going to include the link to this Review in the PAM REVIEW-GUIDE

ALE

KN__KN

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/11
hello,

What quality of AR DOES YOUR WATCH HAVE ?

i received recently a 292 noob but i have an an isssue with the AR

the AR seems to be inexistant on mine
a8uredev.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

PAMily

Known Member
12/10/13
It has been more than a year since this thread opened... Any problem with the watch so far? Like crown or strap screw?

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
No Issues with this watch. It went for SPA Treatment. It is 'NOW' for sale in the Sales Section.

Simply look at my 'Threads Posted' by Tasty Treats and you will find it there.

Its a beauty. Will be difficult to see it go.

rhaykal

Renowned Member
18/8/13
One question for 292J owners, what is the size of the strap it comes with? I have one coming in from a m2m sale (super excited to get it in). I do like the black strap it comes with but plan to change it up a little with a black strap with brown stitch (from Bronzy) for a slightly different look. I've read that it is 27mm at the lug width. is that true? also, what is the size of the buckle (what does the strap taper off to) becuase I'd ideally like to use the same branded buckle that is on the original rep strap.

by the way, this is the style of stap I'm going for:
largepic.jsp

http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom...06671017346/gallery/b_1347102455738008484.jpg

KN__KN

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/11
hello,

the strap is 26 or 25 mm wide at lugs and 22mm at buckle

your photos of the strap is missing

Best regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

rhaykal

Renowned Member
18/8/13
Thanks for the advice. I sent Bronzy a PM as I dont know if he does tapered straps. I asked for a 27/22 so that I can use the branded buckle it comes with. Hopefully I'll hear back from him soon.

subaruski

8/12/13
Really looking to buy one of the Noob versions. All dealers have been sold out for months. If anyone is looking to let one go pm me please.

trinity13

15/12/13
Does anybody know where to buy the lugs replacement that really fits with the noob?
the ones on ebay seems a bit smaller

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Does anybody know where to buy the lugs replacement that really fits with the noob?
the ones on ebay seems a bit smaller

I bought mine from panatime.com

I haven't received them yet buy I think they should fit fine...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

trinity13

15/12/13
I couldnt find the lugs at panatime.com
Can you send me the link please? Thanks

PAM390, PAM210, Ball Fireman Nightrain DLC, Hamilton X Fuel Converter, Hamilton Tachymiler, Rolex Milgauss, Rolex Submariner, Tag Heuer Calibre 5, Breitling Colt 44, Invicta Subqua Noma III, Luminox 3080, Stuhrling Original, Swiss Expedition, Guess Collection Tachymetre chronograph, Guess Collection, Guess Steel, etc