• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
to make a long story short, YOU are Into your passion, to avoid being the fool of the situation, don't share your passion with people not interested....
you're right this movie is just epic...

hahaaa, good point, sir. that poor guy is taken for a fool, but in the end, if remember the movie well, those bastards did not know that Francois is a recipy for disaster on two legs and it served them well.
I am clearly past my expiration time for today, so good night to you all and happy days, wherever you are.
Hopefully tomorrow will bring us all a bit more tolerance and cohesion towards the core principles of this hobby. I for one, am not in this for the ego, for glory, for social status or to impose my opinion on anyone. I learn and apply my learning as best as I can.
As they say, it's not the destination, it's the ride. I am here for the latter. Let's make it a good one.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
And last message, just so I end my posting for today with something on topic, when you Erinoush mentioned that the clip is related to the topic, I kept staring like an eagle on prey on that guy's watch, hoping to identify the AP model!!! :picard: :headdesk:
Now that's a rather on topic task for you guys, while I fall in the arms of Nocturnia (this is the name of a childhood's imaginary dream goddess and not Nocturia, which is... something I hope I don't fall into the arms of, like... ever). See, past bedtime. Waaaay past.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
There are guys in here whose opinions I read and value, even if they are not always congruent with mine.
Primarily, this is because you guys make sense, and are able always to put a cogent and articulate argument together, often with a liberal dose of humor.
We all have at least a bit of douchebaggery in us, it goes with the intelligence quotient of a man.
Erinoush watcho QueTip keep rocking you guys. OK maybe not Watcho, since its way past his bedtime.

This is for Watcho, may he sleep well.
Baby-Rattles-Child-Mobile-Musical-Rotating-Toys-Newborn-Crib-Bed-Bell-Pregnant-Mom-DIY-Handmade-Cart.webp

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
It's OK. To your earlier point, it's a lot about the confidence to wear it - and you do need confidence with this one.
But its also very comfortable because of the flat base - its feels very natural.

Its something which I've also found with Panerai. Yes - they are large watches, but they've also been designed around their size in the sense they are wearable.

If I may, I don't think you need confidence to wear anything. The only thing you need is not to give a rat's ass about whatever others might be thinking.
A very good friend of mine from Europe is a brilliant music composer & arranger. And successful, on top of it all. He drives a neon (let me spell it for clarity: N E O N) colored Ford something. First time I saw the car, I pulled my sunglasses and it was in the middle of the winter. I said, what the heck, dude? He goes: what? I said, the color, man, I'm blinded!! And he responded: well, that's your problem. Most of the time I'm inside the damn car and I could care less about the color, or whatever people think of it. It serves me well and that's all that matters. TO ME.
The analogy might not be perfect, but you get the message. Wear it like you made it and eff the rest!!!

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
thats why its considered a nwbig super rep. jeez why so salty bro.
can somebody else with less frustation answer my question?

You gotta "love" this culture of offense that has been nurtured within the past 20 years or so. Everybody is "microagressed", "triggered" and what the fuck not.
If you were diligent enough to read some more before you unloaded your 4th! comment on this forum about someone else's unfiltered, unbiased and very knowledgeable response, you would be surprised to discover that the frustration seem to be more likely yours.
Living in a opaque cocoon where nobody is allowed or entitled to criticise your very own Weltanschauung is not what life in a public space is about. Your freedom ends where others' begins. Grow some skin and life will serve you better. Or not. Just my unfiltered opinion. No advise, so God forbid you don't feel "microagressed" anymore.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
NWBIG and super reps are highly subjective terms and not even the same concept, and have so much to do with your frame of reference. Having said that I’m eager to see what ZF does with this. JF is imperfect but after 9.5 versions you might have learned something.

To the recipient of my post above: here's a quote from a post by someone who is balanced and critical at the same time. It works, see?

Reactions: legend

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
I meant *health, but "wealth" doesn't sound too bad either, right?

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
A gen rotor would be a waste on the A7750. And it will not fit without modding the bearing which would be pointless.

the gen dial is most presumably of different dimensions than the rep dial. But i wouldn’t bother too much - enjoy the watch for what it is - to go the franken route - other watches are more predestined ;)

I think I might have came across as being partisan to one way or the other of achieving "genlikeability" for this particular model, or for any other model for that matter.
My personal dog in this game is simple: I do not own a rep without owning the gen. No reciprocity, i.e. owning a gen, does not necessarily triggers my compulsion to buy a rep. Simple causality, for various reasons and last but not least, for say if that gen does not have a rep iteration - period - or if it doesn't have a palatable (for myself and myself only) iteration of the gen, among a few others.
That being said, my question was more of an acadamic than of a practical nature. If there is a flaw I cannot live with (like the inner bezel, in the case of 26703), I will address it. For NO reason other than personal pleasure, or to halt an inexplicable compulsion.
Ideally, if you had the luxury, priviledge (you guys please find the right term) of owning the gen in parallel, most of the understandable reasons why some people feel compelled to pass off a rep for a gen would be rendered futile. Ideally.
As I said this many times before, to each his own. Do what you feel it's best for you and ay, caramba! to anyone who even attempts to put you down, or to compell you into submission.

Kimmeren123

10/11/16
Norway
watcho unfortiunatly that watch got lost in the mail.. im hearing roumors of a v10 in the works with the correct inner bezel (roumors says its about 2-3 weeks away) i might get one as i miss my v9,5

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
Sorry to hear that, Kimm... a new one will pop up. Most important thing is, that you enjoy it.
I am a fervent defendant of positive thinking. Due to my limited knowledge, I would not know, if a new version is lurking around the corner, but I am sure that your positive attitude won't change and that, to me, commands respect. Keep it up, sir.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I bought a JF Diver v9.5 and received it around 1 month ago.
I have what can only be described as a freak. My bezel has correct ghost-lines (well perhaps not correct, but they are indeed visible)

It is a remarkable rep. I am thoroughly impressed. To me it is NWBIG, I have seen the gen in real life, even tried it on in the AD and to me it is certainly NWBIG, but these are personal statements. For some users, and those with more expertise in AP, there really isn't a NWBIG rep that exists. But it's all semantics at the end of the day, only you can decide for yourself. That said... this JF rep I have received is frankly amazing. Easily the best out of box rep I have ever received. It's become a firm favourite on my wrist and I'm a big guy @ 6ft 6 and better part of 18 stone - means this watch even has its desired presence on my chunky 8" wrists!

If anyone is on the fence about getting this diver... even if you get one without the ghost outline on bezel. I still think you'd be VERY impressed. It is amazing what they have done. Simply a pleasure to wear.

Anyway, I've blabbed on long enough. Without further ado.

Pictures:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I have what can only be described as a freak. My bezel has correct ghost-lines (well perhaps not correct, but they are indeed visible)

It is a remarkable rep. I am thoroughly impressed. To me it is NWBIG, I have seen the gen in real life, even tried it on in the AD and to me it is certainly NWBIG, but these are personal statements. For some users, and those with more expertise in AP, there really isn't a NWBIG rep that exists. But it's all semantics at the end of the day, only you can decide for yourself. That said... this JF rep I have received is frankly amazing. Easily the best out of box rep I have ever received. It's become a firm favourite on my wrist and I'm a big guy @ 6ft 6 and better part of 18 stone - means this watch even has its desired presence on my chunky 8" wrists!

If anyone is on the fence about getting this diver... even if you get one without the ghost outline on bezel. I still think you'd be VERY impressed. It is amazing what they have done. Simply a pleasure to wear.

Pictures:

lucky you. Enjoy your watch cuz thats the most important!

Last edited:
Reactions: Swiss_goupil

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Pictures:

Hey J, did you realize that your watch came with the lume borders around the numbers in the dive bezel, like the gen? Its very nice though this seems to be inconsistent in batches of the same rep model.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hey J, did you realize that your watch came with the lume borders around the numbers in the dive bezel, like the gen? Its very nice though this seems to be inconsistent in batches of the same rep model.

Morning A!

I did realise that, that's what I meant by ghost-lines (plus that's why I tried to show the zoom on the numbers). I am very impressed with it. It's amazing and yeah that's what I've heard regarding consistency. My friend tried to order the same one, from the same TD (puretime) who claimed they could get the same one again and he's rejected 3 QCs so far. Because they told him they could get a ghost-line bezel, he already has the 9.5 without, so yeah it seems I was just very lucky it would seem.

Thanks for your feedback, I too think it's very nice!

outatime

Known Member
4/2/15
watcho unfortiunatly that watch got lost in the mail.. im hearing roumors of a v10 in the works with the correct inner bezel (roumors says its about 2-3 weeks away) i might get one as i miss my v9,5

I’m 100% waiting on that hopefully the rumors are true.