• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Repworld I miss the Chinese children books you posted, the ones with the animals. You need to post that again soon :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

564ca7b0f13cf94a4556408e44a3df23.jpg

New comparison

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
here I can understand much better the difference between rep vs gen, not so well on other photos from RWI

Left Rep tongue , and wrong , gen on the left..

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
On right..

By the way, when you say Oslo, whilst we know what you mean, just to help you, the correct word is also. Oslo is the capital of Norway

6d7c6d9ee948f07dc095e3cc2d6b54cf.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
By the way, when you say Oslo, whilst we know what you mean, just to help you, the correct word is also. Oslo is the capital of Norway

6d7c6d9ee948f07dc095e3cc2d6b54cf.jpg

Yes, there is simply Norway that Oslo = also.
I’ll throw in a spelling prize for repworld just to Sweden the deal.

ssouthall6

10/10/13

If he gets the capital of Iceland correct he gets a recrimination-free day of being able to say 'wait for ZF'

Reactions: watcho and legend

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

I will throw in a piece of green land for Repworld in Greenland omy... lovely add on! Hehehehe

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15

and what about that Den(t)mark on the bezel at 6 o clock? Silent "t" here, repworld. Sorry, rep. Couldn't resist it.
we are being mean. :sFun_mischieviousbi

Reactions: legend

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15

quick question for you, mate (all readers feel free to chip in your thoughts, please): doo all the flaws listed here and in other threads with regard to 15703 and 15710 apply to 26703 as well? As you know, I have done some tideous research about this particular model, but the search engine of the forum returns literally "0" results for 26703.
I was reluctant to post a new thread with this model, but maybe we should take it under scrutiny as well. There is not much information about 26703 here and in my humble opinion, since it is offered by many TD's, it deserves some attention.
Last but not least, I would venture to say that it is a more desireable model than 15703 and 15710. Again, this assertion is based solely on my subjective perspective.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
quick question for you, mate (all readers feel free to chip in your thoughts, please): doo all the flaws listed here and in other threads with regard to 15703 and 15710 apply to 26703 as well? As you know, I have done some tideous research about this particular model, but the search engine of the forum returns literally "0" results for 26703.
I was reluctant to post a new thread with this model, but maybe we should take it under scrutiny as well. There is not much information about 26703 here and in my humble opinion, since it is offered by many TD's, it deserves some attention.
Last but not least, I would venture to say that it is a more desireable model than 15703 and 15710. Again, this assertion is based solely on my subjective perspective.

If you want a credible diver I’ll recommend the 15706 FC diver. Yes the 26703 is a novelty series and not as common even for gens but somehow even the gen ones look cartoonish and slightly garish to me.
Just a personal opinion though I have not studied the flaws myself of the more colorful diver series.

Reactions: Allure and watcho

BIONONE

28/4/17

Intime had a nice gen vs. rep comparison in their blog back in 2017/2018 - https://www.intime05.co/content/97-n...-jf-vs-genuine

JF repped this model and so did noob - as you can imagine JF had the AP monopoly of ROO chronos and the noob was not as sought after.

The flaws for the rep are surprisingly not as obvious as on the standard 42mm ROO Chronograph as there is no date window. The let down is the reliability of the modified 7750 with the small sec@3 (check trustytime to see if they got a vid of the rep - not sure if the rep got a working sec@3 or the native sec@9 which would make it more reliable of course)

The dial is good for what it is, the case finish is also acceptable judging from pictures - never held the gen but assuming it is equally finished as the other ROO variants JF did a good job for a 500 bucks rep. Keep in mind that the cases at the time this model was released didn't receive the new finish that came from the 15703 V8 upwards - so to speak it will have the old "V7 15703" finish - which is still okay.

The dive numerals are a bit thin and the sub dial positioning is slightly off.

The rep is thicker than the gen because of the decorated 7750 and the decoration screams rep of course.

Conclusion - it is not that obvious as on the standard 42mm ROO reps but it remains a rep. A good rep with a fat Chronograph movement inside for round about 500 bucks.

Make sure to ask your TD if it is still in production...

Last edited:
Reactions: watcho and Pdatoon

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
If you want a credible diver I’ll recommend the 15706 FC diver. Yes the 26703 is a novelty series and not as common even for gens but somehow even the gen ones look cartoonish and slightly garish to me.
Just a personal opinion though I have not studied the flaws myself of the more colorful diver series.

Thanks, mate. I agree to some extent with your comment regarding 26703's visual appearance. It is not easily palatable for hardcore AP fans.
Nonetheless, in my opinion AP has shown a "breeze of freshness" by releasing this model in yellow, orange and even a mint edition, etc.. It might not be your everyday AP, but hey, it's a diver and those colors really fit well next to a coral formation under the water! I would not be surprised if that were the thought behind AP's color strategy for this model.
Never had a blue diver, except for the DSSD Cameron and I went ahead and closed the deal with the seller of the blue 26703. Got a Jaeger Le-Coultre Master Compressor Extreme World Chronograph to pair it and the price was great for the two piece package.
The JLC is just a blast. Absolutely amazing watch. Vertical clutch, column wheels, compression "knobs", titanium mid-case, etc. Big JLC fan here.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
Intime had a nice gen vs. rep comparison in their blog back in 2017/2018 - https://www.intime05.co/content/97-n...-jf-vs-genuine

JF repped this model and so did noob - as you can imagine JF had the AP monopoly of ROO chronos and the noob was not as sought after.

The flaws for the rep are surprisingly not as obvious as on the standard 42mm ROO Chronograph as there is no date window. The let down is the reliability of the modified 7750 with the small sec@3 (check trustytime to see if they got a vid of the rep - not sure if the rep got a working sec@3 or the native sec@9 which would make it more reliable of course)

The dial is good for what it is, the case finish is also acceptable judging from pictures - never held the gen but assuming it is equally finished as the other ROO variants JF did a good job for a 500 bucks rep. Keep in mind that the cases at the time this model was released didn't receive the new finish that came from the 15703 V8 upwards - so to speak it will have the old "V7 15703" finish - which is still okay.

The dive numerals are a bit thin and the sub dial positioning is slightly off.

The rep is thicker than the gen because of the decorated 7750 and the decoration screams rep of course.

Conclusion - it is not that obvious as on the standard 42mm ROO reps but it remains a rep. A good rep with a fat Chronograph movement inside for round about 500 bucks.

Make sure to ask your TD if it is still in production...

Thanks a lot, mate for taking the time. Much appreciated.
See my post above for 26703. I have also bought the 26703 rep from InTime. It has a A7750 movement. Approved QC already and watch is en route to me as we speak. It looked pretty decent in the pictures, I must say.
Any particular thoughts on this movement combination for an AP chronograph? Thanks again, mate.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thanks a lot, mate for taking the time. Much appreciated.
See my post above for 26703. I have also bought the 26703 rep from InTime. It has a A7750 movement. Approved QC already and watch is en route to me as we speak. It looked pretty decent in the pictures, I must say.
Any particular thoughts on this movement combination for an AP chronograph? Thanks again, mate.

First rule for the A7750 - don‘t abuse the chrono haha

...and expect a service/repair sooner or later so you won‘t be surprised ;)

Reactions: watcho