• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
I think it has the working small sec @3, but not sure. Will ask Ryan and get back with you.
Yes, the subdials ARE definitely off. This flaw made me hesitate in the beginning, as it is very obvious.
Would the A7750 in this case render swapping the rep dial for a gen one impossible? I am quite compulsive when it comes to reps. I have already bought a brand new, original inner bezel, which should mitigate a little the obvious flaws.
Caseback clearly screams rep, agreed. I had speculated that a gen rotor might shave off that rep feeling a little, but not sure if it would fit the rep movement. I do have a brand new gen one for the AP3124 movement.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I think it has the working small sec @3, but not sure. Will ask Ryan and get back with you.
Yes, the subdials ARE definitely off. This flaw made me hesitate in the beginning, as it is very obvious.
Would the A7750 in this case render swapping the rep dial for a gen one impossible? I am quite compulsive when it comes to reps. I have already bought a brand new, original inner bezel, which should mitigate a little the obvious flaws.
Caseback clearly screams rep, agreed. I had speculated that a gen rotor might shave off that rep feeling a little, but not sure if it would fit the rep movement. I do have a brand new gen one for the AP3124 movement.

A gen rotor would be a waste on the A7750. And it will not fit without modding the bearing which would be pointless.

the gen dial is most presumably of different dimensions than the rep dial. But i wouldn’t bother too much - enjoy the watch for what it is - to go the franken route - other watches are more predestined ;)

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
A gen rotor would be a waste on the A7750. And it will not fit without modding the bearing which would be pointless.

the gen dial is most presumably of different dimensions than the rep dial. But i wouldn’t bother too much - enjoy the watch for what it is - to go the franken route - other watches are more predestined ;)

I was expecting you to say this and agree 100%. Will just swap the inner bezel and call it a day. I like the gen for the reasons listed in one of my previous posts. I try to pair every gen that I own with the best possible iteration of a rep, but this endeavour seems to be futile in this case. Thanks again, mate.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
The 26703 has caught my eye a few times as a fun weekend watch, the 7750 modded to seconds at 3 has held me back.
I’m leaning toward the 15710 version, but am torn between the green and yellow... have orange dials covered already via Seiko and Doxa.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
Any possible movement mods to make this a more reliable iteration, or just don`t fiddle with the chrono, have it serviced and keep it in a box, wear the gen instead?
Guess I might have hit a dud with this one, huh? :picard:

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Any possible movement mods to make this a more reliable iteration, or just don`t fiddle with the chrono, have it serviced and keep it in a box, wear the gen instead?
Guess I might have hit a dud with this one, huh? :picard:

Hahaha you can wear it, just get a service done when you get it and don't play with the chrono a lot and you should be good.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
It’s a flashy piece and no man wears a ROO to fly under the radar.

Funny how if you changed "to" with "and" in the quoted phrase, I can picture a wealth of people who, while wearing an AP, literally do fly under the radar, for reasons that would not constitute topic material on a watch forum.
Agreed mostly with your comment, but don't forget that there are people (granted, not many) out there who buy and wear these divers in the habitat they were (at least by denomination) intended for. Guess a red snapper, or a bullshark for that matter, could care less about one's ego. Hardcore AP fans, provided the appropriate financial background, would have a diverse plethora of AP models and would not wear a Submariner, or any other water repellant time machine. Not even under the water.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
New HQ video https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25115

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you post here a link leading to a dealer that has been notoriously banned on this forum? Beats me. I mean, it doesn't, but for reasons pertaining to civility, I will leave it to that.
And the incessant praise of ZF as a manufacturer, aren't you tired already of working overtime without remuneration? I would be.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
F maker Flawless Rep From first Try and no need for v9.5..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hear" the deafening silence after your post with a AF Cartier? That's a good indicator that there is no one listening. Where there is no sound, there is no listener.
Quit posting irrelevant trivia, sir. Bet the forum servers have "flagged" you down by now. I can hear them screaming. Much ado about nothing. Seriously. Stay on post or stay put. Just my friendly advise, if you'll allow.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
As legend, QueTip and others have stated here before me, JF 9.5 is a (very) good iteration, but it is almost futile to attempt to deem it a super-rep. It could be a super-rep in the eye of the beholder, if he chose to look at it that way. In real life, the overwhelming majority of people would not now the difference. But you will. And that, gents, that is all that matters. Stop wearing it for someone else. It is really a display of weakness. We are better - and stronger - than that. Eff them all, if they think they're better. You are the master of your fate, you are the captain of your soul, if I may quote from Invictus. Not Invicta.
The diver looks really, really good in real life and I venture to say that it looks good enough to be worn with appropriate (read: much) pleasure. Take her out for a strawl and don't be afraid to caress her gently once in a while. SHE will enjoy it. No one else will. And stop microfibering her after every stroke. She doesn't like that.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
Why did you buy a gen rubber then you? Don’t talk about the superior knowledge cunts if you can’t count yourself to them. That’s a privilege only a selected few can. By the way you’re articulating, typing and arguing you have no special fire in you for the higher thing in this which you won’t understand anyway, so save that shit.

If YOU‘RE happy with your $450 rep so be it. Enjoy it. We 'superior knowledge cunts' do not and share our views on the forum because that’s what a forum is for. Pointing out flaws and possibly helping others that haven’t seen but yet still want to be educated on their own or maybe just the watch they thought of getting.

Any problem with that? You know where the door is. Anything else???

woooohaaaaa, strong words master has said! :D absolutely down my alley, QueTip.
Principles are there to be stuck to, well, at least in general. Find one and stick to it. Fight for it, if need be. But if you pick a gen strap and consider yourself an acerbic fan of stock, there's the discrepancy right there. It's either perfect (for you) OOTB, or it's not. I for one, am not questioning any one's reasons for modding, improving. In fact, I like that for some of the reasons you MKTimer have alreadzy expressed. I have said this severl times before. Just enjoy that darn thing. Life's too short to get nuts over anything, other than life itself.

Reactions: QueTip

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
I am keeping away from this AP sub-forum. It has gotten too toxic when sharing information has bad effects in so many directions. I will only post in my own section at RWI from time to time. I like to work on watches: the topics here in this forum do not help me in that way very much. I get more out of forums like "Watch Repair Talk" at this point. People like Domi and VAC do not post much. Neither does slaughterer62 anymore.

You are a vauable member of this forum and you would be ill advised to leave, just because some toxicity has accumulated. Please "put a mask on" and stay, if you feel like this hobby is worth fighting for, which I very much believe you do. Thank you, sir.

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
Well said. By natural logic, nobody can afford a gen more than he can afford a rep.
I think that your points are elegantly put, and more importantly, it rings of sincerity and truth.

Exactly. We care just as much about our Mercedes, Bentley, etc. as we care about our Dodge, Scion, etc. This should be about the passion for watches and not about social status.
I know several people in South Florida who own 100+ ft yachts and have never owned more than just one watch in their entire life and you guys, and I for that matter, won't even contemplate those watches as being worth wearing.
I have a passion for boats, for example. I have never, ever been looked down on, just because I don't own a 140 ft yacht, when I pass one on the Intracoastal our out in the sea. On the contrary: people wave passionately back over to me and I do the same with other boatsmen, regardless of their "size". :stuvetjee:
It's about the hobby and the openness of the sea, the feeling of freedom and fulfillment it instills in me. Everything else is just background noise. Same goes for watches and everything else.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Exactly. We care just as much about our Mercedes, Bentley, etc. as we care about our Dodge, Scion, etc. This should be about the passion for watches and not about social status.
I know several people in South Florida who own 100+ ft yachts and have never owned more than just one watch in their entire life and you guys, and I for that matter, won't even contemplate those watches as being worth wearing.
I have a passion for boats, for example. I have never, ever been looked down on, just because I don't own a 140 ft yacht, when I pass one on the Intracoastal our out in the sea. On the contrary: people wave passionately back over to me and I do the same with other boatsmen, regardless of their "size". :stuvetjee:
It's about the hobby and the openness of the sea, the feeling of freedom and fulfillment it instills in me. Everything else is just background noise. Same goes for watches and everything else.

I agree with you.
Our possessions serve to entertain, please or amuse us and us alone. They may become objects of admiration or ridicule for others, but that is not our problem.
What we own become objects of discussion when we share or show them off on a public platform and ask for opinions on them.
The only way to truly avoid criticisms is to keep your possessions to yourself I think. Then it is truly your own business and nobody else's.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
They may become objects of admiration or ridicule for others, but that is not our problem.
What we own become objects of discussion when we share or show them off on a public platform and ask for opinions on them.
The only way to truly avoid criticisms is to keep your possessions to yourself I think. Then it is truly your own business and nobody else's.

a nice movie, sorry it is in french, but a good example of what you guys just mentioned...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1x2TlOXA1w

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
a nice movie, sorry it is in french, but a good example of what you guys just mentioned...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1x2TlOXA1w

I am not sure that I can follow, but it might be too late for my brain to work at decent capacity.
The clip is about Francois Pignon (Jacques Villeret, the more corpulent guy) an accountant for the Traesury Department and avid machstick model hobbyist. The other guy and his interlocutor towards the end of the clip meet every Wednesday and the idea is to bring an idiot along, in this case Jacques Villeret, whom they happened? to meet on the train.
I'll be damned if I missed the point, but if I did, I hope I am the last guy on the phone, Pierre Brochant. :headdesk:

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
The movie is undoubtedly epic and Jacques Villeret is a national treasure in France. Sorry for the digression.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I am not sure that I can follow, but it might be too late for my brain to work at decent capacity.
The clip is about Francois Pignon (Jacques Villeret, the more corpulent guy) an accountant for the Traesury Department and avid machstick model hobbyist. The other guy and his interlocutor towards the end of the clip meet every Wednesday and the idea is to bring an idiot along, in this case Jacques Villeret, whom they happened? to meet on the train.
I'll be damned if I missed the point, but if I did, I hope I am the last guy on the phone, Pierre Brochant. :headdesk:

to make a long story short, YOU are Into your passion, to avoid being the fool of the situation, don't share your passion with people not interested....
you're right this movie is just epic...

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Great to enjoy hobbies amicably.

Egoism kills but passion for whatever soars like a wingspan of a Crow n Eagle Is included

I like humours nonetheless...

Last edited:
Reactions: watcho