• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
There’s no XF coming I just asked Kobe very sad ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The only hope v10 with new DW new numeral ghost lines and correct case back engraving, that’s need Gen in Hand otherwise I’m sorry...

cvlno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/18
The only hope v10 with new DW new numeral ghost lines and correct case back engraving, that’s need Gen in Hand otherwise I’m sorry...

I'd argue the font is accurate. But yes, the ghost lines and caseback improvement would be nice.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
gen pictures below show the classic sherif date font and the caseback engravings

8468e43ffb8d3ae5a91021240717b4d5.jpg

9a79cec84a9272cf1407ffae2f29c823.jpg

e5f230020202b3482e7070ed68e48545.jpg

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I'd argue the font is accurate. But yes, the ghost lines and caseback improvement would be nice.

For lines and case back engraving impossible job without Gen sample

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Just skip now looking for super Rep ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

Could you please tell how the caseback engraving flaw(thicker font than usual gen sample) is significant to look at it in-person in real life situation? rather than seeing it on magnified digital photos on a screen.

I am asking this question,
One of the reasons, I would prefer JF 15703 over 15710 is that the closed case back hides the look of the movement which is a big tell.

However, then now, after reading Repworld post, even the closed case back itself has incorrect engraving. Therefore, the closed case back becomes a big tell.

So 15703 closed back does not have a benefit to hide the look of the movement, because the caseback itself is a tell.

How do you think? Anyone please opinion?

MrOptional

8/10/18
But the caseback is on your hand at all times and so is the movement in case of 15710. For me what’s going on there is fine. Just don’t take your watch off lol.

My biggest bother is green hands. It’s an instant tell.

The biggest tell if you if you are a DHL driver and have a 15710 or 15703. Or if you have old Timberlands with paint on it and Patek on your hand.

If you drive a benz or a lexus or something you can have 15710 or 15703 and no one will think it’s a fake.

I wouldnt worry about caseback that much. My 2 cents.

edit: oh and also. Incorrect Caseback is instant tell for legend or bionone or repworld. That’s about it. Just don’t bump into them on the street and you are good:) others won’t really know.

efit 2: I asked my wife once, do you want a fake Hermès in a 1:1 quality. She said when I will earn money to buy gen, I will go ahead and buy fake. Wise words :) not sure what it has to do with anything but thought I’d put it out here for shits and giggles

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Let’s waiting for XF iwish they fixing all issues

XF havent produced correct 3D bezel numerals so far. So I am not expecting their steel diver to be any better than their existing FC/Ceramic divers.

cvlno

22/6/18
But the caseback is on your hand at all times and so is the movement in case of 15710. For me what’s going on there is fine. Just don’t take your watch off lol.

My biggest bother is green hands. It’s an instant tell.

The biggest tell if you if you are a DHL driver and have a 15710 or 15703. Or if you have old Timberlands with paint on it and Patek on your hand.

If you drive a benz or a lexus or something you can have 15710 or 15703 and no one will think it’s a fake.

I wouldnt worry about caseback that much. My 2 cents.

edit: oh and also. Incorrect Caseback is instant tell for legend or bionone or repworld. That’s about it. Just don’t bump into them on the street and you are good:) others won’t really know.

efit 2: I asked my wife once, do you want a fake Hermès in a 1:1 quality. She said when I will earn money to buy gen, I will go ahead and buy fake. Wise words :) not sure what it has to do with anything but thought I’d put it out here for shits and giggles

they fixed green hands already.

Reactions: vcappp

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I already stated that I had no idea. The toxicity is insane in this thread, give a newbie some slack. I also stated I didn't wear it to the AD with the intent of testing it, I stopped by while doing other shopping.
Toxicity? I did give you some slack, now I am reconsidering that slack and seriously considering removing you from the forum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cvlno

22/6/18
Toxicity? I did give you some slack, now I am reconsidering that slack and seriously considering removing you from the forum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to someone else that got super toxic and mad that I took the watch to an AD. Again, I didn't waive it in front of their faces I just put it on a tray.

Reactions: vcappp

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
Is there a post with a list of these rules? There’s so many fora and sub-fora as well as all the stickies (usually outdated or irrelevant) that I haven’t noticed a post about it. TBH, I’m sure I’ve broken that rule several times. It’s obviously something that some people feel strongly about as someone went totally off on one about it earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: cvlno and vcappp

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
The main one is not drawing attention to the hobby. Ie not wearing in an AD (or at the very least not flaunting it, I've been in wearing one but it was hidden over my sleeve and I wasn't trying any watches on - it's the drawing attention to the quality or existence of the rep that's the issue)

The other is no paypal charge backs on TD'S. It's the reason many TD's lost the ability to accept paypal, because so many scammers charged back on genuine transactions.

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
Thanks dude - that's useful to know. I had got some gist about an issue with PayPal chargebacks - it's useful to get the clarification. Shame that some people spoil things for everyone else.

I found "The First Constitution of RWI" in Home>Forum>Forum News - Raffles and Giveaways - Word from the RWI staff which provides a bit of guidance.

Reactions: cvlno and Katarsis