• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I spent 23 months in SE Asia ...

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
WOW just WOW!!! These are just the watches I would buy :sam:

Very, very , very, very nice collection :)

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Awesome collection!!! Wish that i can also have a collection like yours......

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
What would my wife think? :wacko:

Very nice collection -xxxx-

-XXXX-

Known Member
12/7/10
thanks guys... the wife likes the dark side too

Most of the rolexes (apart from the DSDD) in the pics are hers, plus a couple of PAMs. She's also got half a dozen J12...

Is the price there cheaper?

well, on the high end stuff you end up paying more or less TD prices (sometimes on Hublot and APs just a bit more). On the low and mid range instead you can get pretty good deals. But you have to do your homework in advance and be prepared to stand by your prices...

I bought all of the reps from a guy in Chinatown that has got a showroom in Petaling St. 99% of these are top quality ones and even if sometimes I paid the odd $20 more than TD prices, having the opportunity to see the watches with your eyes before buying is priceless.

Good aftermarket service as well...

carlton

2/10/11
Thanks for your info bro. I think i should find sometime to make a trip to KL since it is so near to me......

giobo

6/5/10
Man these are a lot...You will probably have a plan for the wrist time..Great collection!!!

-XXXX-

Known Member
12/7/10
What did you do there?? Buy watches:thumbsup:

I worked for the local airline.

And spent a lot of time looking at some amazing watches. Like a kid in a candy store.

Then I bought some watches (the pick of the bunch... really), lots of straps, a few watch boxes, some watch display cases... and plenty of tools.

An horological feast. I indulged on a weekly basis

Been back 3 weeks now... I miss it so much!

Cold turkey:frusty:

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Amazing collection...also dispels cost rates from our dealers high end watches.

-XXXX-

Known Member
12/7/10
Amazing collection...also dispels cost rates from our dealers high end watches.

Right Mr. ZoSo... on the high end stuff there is very little room for manouver. In fact, my guy always told me that he makes a lot more money selling cheapos.

As I said, on many watches the TD prices were very much his rock bottom prices. When I went to his showroom (it makes me laugh to call that air conditioned smelly container in a back alley of KL ... showroom), I always carried my BB with me and always compared his best prices to Trusty's prices. Many times I walked out of a sale just because he couldn't match... only to go back and buy the same watch for $20 odd more...

We became friends and at the end there was no need to negotiate any more... he knew I would only buy if the prices were close enough to Trusty's. He also took good care of me whenever I had any problems.

All in all, I paid a bit more for some watches. However, if you consider that I didn't pay shipping charges and that I could touch and see the watches before buying, it was well worth it.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
HOLY CRAP.....I mean HOLY MOLEY CRAP...

I am green with envy.