• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to age your Vintage Rolex (Bonesey style)

Skipper

Horology Curious
28/10/14
Very nice work! An old Rolex is a good Rolex! No-one will suspect it being a rep after lasting so long, artificially that is! :black_eyed:

I cracked up when I saw the old Warhammer paint! Keep up the good work, you might have some customers wanting to 'vintify' their watches! :adoration:

jigelow

Known Member
21/9/14
This is a great comprehensive tutorial. A huge help to visualize what I'm in for as I complete my first build.

Is the 16610 crystal and retaining ring set up very similar to the 1680 tutorial you showed? I've seen a lot of diagrams and some photos, but I can fin anything as far as what order I'm putting everything together to set the crystal.

Rolexxx

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
5/3/15
i love this thread i cant wait to do my comex

OmegaRules

Renowned Member
25/6/15
This was such a great read and so well put together. Great pics taking this Vintage aging step by step. Makes me now want to attempt a beginners try on a rep. Thanks for putting this together. Well done!

Phener9

5/4/13
Wrexham, Wales
I am going to have to try this myself
I just can't resist the urge to get a new vintage watch and see what I can do
Thanks Bonesey

Scarra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/15
Thanks for the tutorial, Bonesey - this was amazing and gave me the confidence to get out there and try to mod on my own!

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
thanks for the tutorial [MENTION=81917]bonesy[/MENTION] im now gonna takle my Milgauss 6541 and a big Uboat 52mm U-42 :)

michaelb_can

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/16
I was looking for a basic tutorial & came across this . Amazing ! Great work !

Mike B - Canada