• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to age your Vintage Rolex (Bonesey style)

hzardous

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/12
Just found your thread today.. Thank you for such detailed and easy to follow tutorial!

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
This is simply amazing! I gave you reputation points for this. This clearly took a lot of time and devotion to take the pics, organize them, post them here in the thread, and then to write up the commentary on every single step. Wow!!

This is so inspiring and it makes me want to pick up a Silix 6538 right away to try this out. I don't have any tool, though, so I need to start acquiring some of these!

Really quick - if you do mess up with some of the dial aging steps, since these are all water based colors and varnishes can you rinse them off with distilled water or something? I would think with water based product you could reverse some of the mistakes if you didn't let them completely dry.

Where do you get the special vintage lume you talked about using?

Thanks!

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
This is simply amazing! I gave you reputation points for this.

Crawler!!!
laughs91.gif

Hehe........just kidding mate........this is a most adequate tutorial.
4_17_2061.gif

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
:) When I build up the courage, I am going to use this gen watch down below as my motivation. The link is to a thread over on TRF for a gen 6538 owned by one of the moderators over there. It's a 4-line dial, just like the way this Silix 6538 started out before Bonesey covered up the chronometer writing. This makes it easier for me, since I won't have to hide that text.

If you click on this link he has some awesome pics of it on two different custom leather straps. Very sharp!

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=182023

NewJunepics013.jpg

NewJunepics012.jpg

6538new004.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I'll be doing another one soon. So you can consider this part one :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Just to make folks aware i have now combined my lug drilling tutorial and part II of my modding techniques into this thread so that it is all in once place :)