• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to age your Vintage Rolex (Bonesey style)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Bones mate, not that you needed it but added some rep. Very, very nice tutorial. Looking forward to your work with the PAMs and RADs.

EDIT:

Can´t give you rep atm :( , will do at some point later

Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to starting them as well. Will take a break over CNY and plan the next few builds while gathering a few pennies to get parts and tools.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It takes a lot of work to do a post like this. IMHO more people should appreciate the skill, talent, and willingness to do this. The rest of us get the benefit of just sitting back and enjoying it all. Fantastic work. Awesome!
happy-047.gif

Cheers :) , I reckon it takes about twice as long to photograph and do it, than it would be to just do it :D

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Part 5 has been updated and the guide is complete. Thanks for all the positive comments guys :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's easier than you think. Just buy some tools and get cracking! For the price of a decent rep you can have enough tools to do most jobs. For others, just improvise.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Tremendous post!!!!! Amazing stuff there Bonesey, very very nice job, i mean this post will be the reason that i will take some tools and start working...!

Many thanks for spending hours and hours to make this tutorial! Once again congrats on your excellent work!!! What a great post!!!!

grejyedi

29/12/11
Great Inspiration. Many thanks. I have already ordered mt tools from watzbitz and they should be on the way.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Tremendous post!!!!! Amazing stuff there Bonesey, very very nice job, i mean this post will be the reason that i will take some tools and start working...!

Many thanks for spending hours and hours to make this tutorial! Once again congrats on your excellent work!!! What a great post!!!!

Thanks man, it's a lot of work figuring out what to take photos of, but good fun :)

Great Inspiration. Many thanks. I have already ordered mt tools from watzbitz and they should be on the way.

Excellent! Exactly what I want people to do :cheese:

tunafoot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/10
Superb photos, thanks for taking he time to document this build. Makes a noob like me wanna get the watch tools out and start experimenting.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yeah I reckon that will work :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Delaforce

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/11
thanks for sharing, must give this a go ... time and patience :)

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Hmmmmmmmmm........a larger hammer you say. :thinking:

Well my friend, if that's what the master instructs........then the student will comply ........

jackhammerRWI.jpg
You'll need this to press the crystal back in... :whistle:

1a458c33.jpg

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Excellent tutorial! I have done some stuff like this and I know that you have saved potential modders countless hours of reading and tinkering. This really is a great resource for the forum. Thanks!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I figured I might as well put something together to mark the end of my first year on the forum, the start of a brand new year, and for the folks that voted for me in the rookie of the year nominations. Plus this will be my last batch of 6538's for a good while. As long as it helps some folks, or motivates others, I'm happy :)

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
You'll need this to press the crystal back in... :whistle:

1a458c33.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm
thinking-023.GIF
Bonesey never mentioned that in his tutorial........thank you my friend........I shall go out and purchase one this instant!

I figured I might as well put something together to mark the end of my first year on the forum, the start of a brand new year, and for the folks that voted for me in the rookie of the year nominations. Plus this will be my last batch of 6538's for a good while. As long as it helps some folks, or motivates others, I'm happy :)

Thanks Bonesey for your step by step tutorial........mines coming along a treat!!! :wub:

BrokenWatch1.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Looks good man, just get a tube of hypocement and that will come together nicely. Can't wait for the wristshot! :D

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Actually, you could probably just squeeze the tube out onto your arm then just roll it in the bits. That would work.