• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

here comes the 177M

Driftwood

Horology Curious
11/1/08
So just got my 177 today from Andrew/Trustytime.

It shipped very fast. Put in the post on the 14th, in my hands today, the 17th.

Packaged really well, a rubber cover covered the watch face and it was wrapped in cling plastic.

I did pre-order and I was given a similar delay, but all in all, it arrived about 7-10 days after I expected it.

The 177 is really a great rep. The AR coating doesn't 'flash' blue and is legible on steep angles, the strap pins are correct, the thickness of the swan neck is even, the dial looks right and the color on the numbers is excellent- it just looks perfect overall.

I was asked not to share the QC photos but my watch is exactly the same as on page 15. I haven't found and issues with it and this might be the best rep I own.

I'l live with it for a while and see how that statement holds up. But for now, this is a very great rep. If you love PAM's this is a great one to get.

Streetrod

23/8/10
So just got my 177 today from Andrew/Trustytime.

It shipped very fast. Put in the post on the 14th, in my hands today, the 17th.

Packaged really well, a rubber cover covered the watch face and it was wrapped in cling plastic.

I did pre-order and I was given a similar delay, but all in all, it arrived about 7-10 days after I expected it.

The 177 is really a great rep. The AR coating doesn't 'flash' blue and is legible on steep angles, the strap pins are correct, the thickness of the swan neck is even, the dial looks right and the color on the numbers is excellent- it just looks perfect overall.

I was asked not to share the QC photos but my watch is exactly the same as on page 15. I haven't found and issues with it and this might be the best rep I own.

I'l live with it for a while and see how that statement holds up. But for now, this is a very great rep. If you love PAM's this is a great one to get.

since you have it at your end, please share it!

Driftwood

Horology Curious
11/1/08
Ok, first I have a crappy camera and these were the best I could do. Bad lighting, bad camera, great great rep.

One thing that many reps never get right is the luminescent numbers, this watch is the best out of all the reps I have.

I will see if I can get a better camera, as this rep deserves it.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
how's the leather? is it thick and soft... or gotta break it in?

Ok, first I have a crappy camera and these were the best I could do. Bad lighting, bad camera, great great rep.

One thing that many reps never get right is the luminescent numbers, this watch is the best out of all the reps I have.

I will see if I can get a better camera, as this rep deserves it.

Dodgy

Renowned Member
20/12/09
Got mine yesterday after a ridiculous week of trying to find my house.
1st delivery attempt was Monday!

Just like the pics above and the band is ok, soft enough but feels a bit cheap, a lot like a rep . ;)

In the process of orderings a few bands for my collection.

Driftwood

Horology Curious
11/1/08
The leather is thick (~6mm), smells like fine leather and the surface finish is soft. I conditioned it and it will need to break in a bit, for me anyway.

Also well done. Andrew/Trusty Time has never let me down and this is his best yet. I have barely taken this off in the last few days and I'm loving this watch.

Dodgy

Renowned Member
20/12/09
No, the strap is 4mm thick and nothing special to be honest.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
More like 4mm, but still decent. I tried to give mm and after rubbing it with finishing oils, it's not bad at all.

I see. I saw that you put 6 and I thought they might have come out with better rep straps; the rep that came on my 177L isn't anything special except for the fact that it does smell really nice :D

aargh

Horology Curious
19/12/10
has anyone gotten their 177M from Puretime yet?

I'm still waiting for my 177M from Puretime which I pre-ordered about a month ago. My emails are going completely unasnwered, anyone else have better experience from them so far?

mfb2007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/10
I'm still waiting for my 177M from Puretime which I pre-ordered about a month ago. My emails are going completely unasnwered, anyone else have better experience from them so far?

Email Angus...I stayed on him for a few days and finally got QC pix on Friday. Hopefully I'll get a tracking number tomorrow. Go figure - I wait 3 months, finally get my QC's and I'm on vacation for a week - so I'll have another week to wait and will be stressing over my package sitting at the post office for a week :(

Maybe I should pay for expedited shipping...

Dodgy

Renowned Member
20/12/09
Dunno, thinking this 177M isnt me. Maybe its the lighter wieght on the wrist. Might swap it for a 318k/005k if i can find someone interested.