• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

here comes the 177M

maxos

Horology Curious
25/9/09
WOO HOOO! MINE FINALLY CAME HOME! HOW SWEET IT IS... AWESOME TORCH!

IMAGE_317.jpg

some more pics please

YakelkuN

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/10
Hi,

I'm gawing at this PAM 177 ultimate V2 but I'm a littl doubtfull with it as on this photo you can clearly see a gap between bezel and dial/saphire (sorry I'm French).

PAM-2011-06-14-05-04_enl.jpg

You can see it better with this one

PAM-2011-06-14-05-03_enl.jpg

You can see Luminor "dots"...

Is it normal ?

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Hi,

I'm gawing at this PAM 177 ultimate V2 but I'm a littl doubtfull with it as on this photo you can clearly see a gap between bezel and dial/saphire (sorry I'm French).

You can see it better with this one

You can see Luminor "dots"...

Is it normal ?

Yeah,
En fait il s'agit du rehaut dans la seconde photo, et la lumière se reflète sur cette surface metalique verticale (ça doit faire 1 mm).
On the second pic it's the light from the lume reflecting on the rehaut, the metalic ring, 1mm high, that surrounds the dial.

Pour la première photo, c'est le bord du saphir, qui est légèrement biseauté, qui donne cette impression... Donc rien de surprenant!
On the first pic, what you see is the edge of the sapphire, which is beveled. It might give the impression that there's a gap, but there's nothing of the sort, really...

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
It's because the edge of the crystal is raised a bit and is reflecting//bending light...it's supposed to be that way :D

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Does the strap match your shoes? If it does that's pretty wicked :thumbsup:

tokeyx

27/3/11
Mine FINALLY shipped today. It was ready to ship 3 weeks ago, and I had the dealer try to find a strap screw for me for my DeWitt rep and include that in the shipment. That held up shipping over 3 weeks lol...

zzzzzzed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/11
Hello guys, i have a question! Is the coating of a case reliable? I mean is it easy-scraching or not? Cuz now Im considering on 177 and ur answers will help me! thank you

zzzzzzed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/11
Ok. I have just pulled the trigger on this without your help! Can wait to recieve them!!!)))

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
All Ti cases are easy to scratch and difficult to remove the scratches.

On SS cases you can remove non deep scratches just by using capecod.... but I don't know if it would work on Ti, I don't think so.

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
Quick bump on this thread...

Are the 177M v2s shipping yet? Anyone got one / pics? :)

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I thought the "Officine" on the bridges was missing, until I looked closer! :D Looks pretty good. Crown spacing is better on the "V2".

dfer777

Known Member
19/1/11
Big day tomorrow

I will receive tomorrow my long awaited first Pam,a 177mv2 on rubber from Angus.
My first rep a DSSD from Lay did not leave my wrist for three months.
The smooth marks on case and bracelet disappear quickly with a one inch square piece of red 3M pad( I think red is finer than green?) I start with a little pressure until mark disappears then I just brush it lightly, sometimes I go over the whole thing lightly with a cape cod to bring back the luster.For a daily beater it still looks like the day I unwrapped it. I hope this works on Titanium also. There is also a pencil like tool that can be found on the bay.

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Yeah titanium can be a pain as scratches go... But if it gets marks easily you can as well correct that easily, and those scratches are going to be quite superficial, so no probs in general.
The only really bothersome titanium finish is bead blasted... And again, you can refinish that with a pad or an eraser... but you need to be careful.