• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

here comes the 177M

gez45

Getting To Know The Place
6/10/10
Interesting reply by Robert@ T4D to a tread on repgeek, as I said before all this pre ordering reps can't be a good thing.
Quote:
I am told they will be available in the next 10 days who gets them is a matter for the factory.
If dealers are willing to pay a premium they will find them I am sure
Problem is at current price levels the margin is so small that it's not possible to pay premium prices so dealers have to wait for them from factory.
So this seems to be a chicken and egg situation basically they will be available at a higher price or take your chances and wait for dealers to get them at current price levels.
It may well be that the Cartel will have them 1st from factory direct but I doubt they will be the only people to get them many wholesalers in GZ will get them as well I would think problem is with wholesalers they will charge a premium if it's a hot item.
Simple logic really fast selling items hard to find and full price slow selling items ready available and available at discounts works the same way throughout the world and the rep trade is no different.
Personally I think members have only themselves to blame for this with all the feverish pre-ordering had they not it would be a normal item rather than the premium item it has become.
Factory would have produced them anyway given the 1st batch sold out so quickly so no benefit was achieved by pre-ordering.
Another factor to remember is also factories are notorious fixing one flaw and creating another so all the people that have pre ordered and paid could well be shocked when they actually get to see the finished product may not happen but on the scale of possibility it is reasonably high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
could've done with this info beforehand, and I should hope I'm not shocked when I get it, surely it's not in a dealers interest to send me a watch that is below par when all I'm going to do is get straight onto them, grief all round for everybody.I understand that dealers are inundated so me firing off e-mails to them is not going to help anyone.
So let's hope everyone is happy with what they get.:popcorn:

Mahoro

Getting To Know The Place
2/4/11
So by chance, I should pre-order right now to enjoy the discount ?
I really hope this is as good as it describe.

tokeyx

27/3/11
Anyone get any updates today? Normally I wouldn't be so obsessive, but seems like news is changing daily!

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Guys, this is a Chinese rep factory, not charity. Some of their products sold out in no time, they want to generate extra profit from it in the future.
Just say a BIG thank you that they do not have a business consultant (like myself ;)) and they dont know what to really do.

IMHO these watches worth more than what we pay for, compared to the price of the gens, so keep up buying while we can.

I have my 005k and 026k and will have a 177m as well, but not by any means of pre-ordering it. Since they don't have quality standards, no way I'm willing to pay upfront.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
The Glacier may have moved slightly... check Angus' site. He listed a 177M with a Gen Croc strap... new photos of the 177M as well.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. My hopes, they are high.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Saweeet!!! Can't wait to get mine now...

Pics from Angus site for you lazy ones.

PAM-2011-05-12-01-01_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-03_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-04_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-05_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-06_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-07_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-08_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-09_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-10_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-05-12-01-14_enl.jpg

The Glacier may have moved slightly... check Angus' site. He listed a 177M with a Gen Croc strap... new photos of the 177M as well.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. My hopes, they are high.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Wow! Learn something new everyday... What's the difference between the two movements? Is it just the beat difference or is there more?

If not then you probably can't tell with the second hand sweep since it's so small.

High beat 111J movement for instance ....

Mambo

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/09
For me it's partly because it's a better movement, but mostly because it's not as noisy in a titanium case like the 177 ...
Don't really notice the sweep difference, but it all comes down to your personal preference and what flaws you could take for granted ... ;)

Anyway, I think it looks great ! :)

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
I can't believe so many people are ok with pre-ordering. Worst idea ever for rep hobbyists.

Dodgy

Renowned Member
20/12/09
I can't believe so many people are ok with pre-ordering. Worst idea ever for rep hobbyists.

True, i wish i hadn't. Crossing fingers now.

Watching this 111J Movement vs the 117M with interest. I have the 111J and would swap if its better. The 177M will be my daily beater if it lives up to the hype.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Yeah... but since they sold out on first batch... then the demand must be high... so people are afraid that second batch might be sold out therefore risking the thought of pre-order.

But I see what you are saying... not good for the hobby and QC portion of it.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Still and all, it took a while for the L to sell out. I think Tony actually still has one or two laying around.