• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

here comes the 177M

Mr. Hello Operator

Getting To Know The Place
6/5/10
Got a reply saying they will be "shipping in these few days" whatever that means and if it is true.

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
I have no news from my dealer...

Hope there's not another delay...

davemul

Known Member
31/3/11
anyone had a mail from puretime?

Nikki just mailed me saying the 177m is late and now out of stock and would I mind ordering something else from the website instead....

NO! I pre-ordered this watch and have paid for it. this is the one I want

how can a pre order be out of f-ing stock!?

Gobo73

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/11/09

Nikki just mailed me saying the 177m is late and now out of stock and would I mind ordering something else from the website instead....

Seems strange , like you said how can an unreleased watch be out of stock ?
Anyone else heard anything from your dealer about the 177m ?

Mr. Hello Operator

6/5/10
Wow, out of stock before it is in stock? I wonder if all this delay and hype for the 177 has really sold them out before they've been released.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
That's not good to hear, I'm just wondering if all these pre-ordering and paying upfront for reps is a good idea anymore. These dealers must be holding thousands of dollars of buyer monies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
Must be a bad dream...

homealone.jpg

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Dood... I hope this is a joke about the sold out thing... or I will be pissed!!! Hope all is good and shipping soon.

Mahoro

2/4/11
I am pretty interested in it, but not going to shell out money unless I see some sample / QC pic from someone...

mfb2007

23/8/10

My order was completed on March 8...for a 177L, which was out at that point. She then said I was in line for M. I guessing the factory said they were going to make a certain number and sell dealers a certain number and Puretime pre-sold their allotment...but that's just my guess.

Hopefully a march 8 order was early enough to het one!!!

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
This sucks big time. I want a 177m, too, but this is all very confusing.

Glimmer

15/5/10
I ordered mine January 21st from Puretime...They better not put me on a waiting list.

tokeyx

27/3/11
I'd love if Angus could comment on this thread and just let us know what's going on with the 177M from the dealer/factory point of view.

Glimmer

15/5/10
I'd love if ANY dealer could give us a hint as to the actual date of shipping. I'm guessing a week at least...

gez45

6/10/10
PAM 177M

Should be this week according to Josh.

I just had an e-mail from Josh, he said he was collecting stock this week,and not to worry. I wonder if he sensed something anxiety in my e-mail to him. If so he's right. :whistle: :biglaugh:

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Interesting reply by Robert@ T4D to a tread on repgeek, as I said before all this pre ordering reps can't be a good thing.
Quote:
I am told they will be available in the next 10 days who gets them is a matter for the factory.
If dealers are willing to pay a premium they will find them I am sure
Problem is at current price levels the margin is so small that it's not possible to pay premium prices so dealers have to wait for them from factory.
So this seems to be a chicken and egg situation basically they will be available at a higher price or take your chances and wait for dealers to get them at current price levels.
It may well be that the Cartel will have them 1st from factory direct but I doubt they will be the only people to get them many wholesalers in GZ will get them as well I would think problem is with wholesalers they will charge a premium if it's a hot item.
Simple logic really fast selling items hard to find and full price slow selling items ready available and available at discounts works the same way throughout the world and the rep trade is no different.
Personally I think members have only themselves to blame for this with all the feverish pre-ordering had they not it would be a normal item rather than the premium item it has become.
Factory would have produced them anyway given the 1st batch sold out so quickly so no benefit was achieved by pre-ordering.
Another factor to remember is also factories are notorious fixing one flaw and creating another so all the people that have pre ordered and paid could well be shocked when they actually get to see the finished product may not happen but on the scale of possibility it is reasonably high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Talked to Tony (asian7750) yesterday and he is VERY certain to pick up the 177M during next week to start QC and sending out the orders, so let´s hope it comes true :)
But as usual, stranger things happen then a rep factory failing to deliver on the set date.
But I´m optimistic!

Cheers,
Jiddy