• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB TX Crystals

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I have two from this round, but they are both in the parts box still, so I have no clue what they are like untill I get a dial under them..? are all the xtals from this round bad?

polaris

27/11/08
I bought one as a spare.

Took the crystal out of the parts box and a look.

I can't tell for sure as the one is installed and the new one is loose, but the new ones seem to reflect a lot more light than one would expect for an AR coated glass piece.

All same settings, 1/15s f5.6, iso100

Is that what everyone is discussing?

fine dd

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/06
It is a strange thing with the crystal from the second batch.
Guru send me his crystal because it had a blue tint but the refection was too bad.
I removed the AR manual and was surprised.
I found the first layer, a adhesion primer, and only 2 AR layers.
Normaly a AR have 7 or more layers.

Here is a photo comparison with saphhire crystals:
(the reflecting lamp is a indicator for the effectiveness of the AR)

sam08171024x7682.jpg

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Crap that looks bad...
Nice to see a comparison shot dd, guess when I find a new Hublot for Domenico to rebuild the crystal I got in a box will have to pass your hands before it goes into that watch :p

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
all 3 of mine look just like above.
no tint, maybe just a very slight blue tint, but looks like no tint.
and little to no AR at all it seems, just pure full sized reflection.

Mikeldn88

Known Member
2/6/10
I think the main issue we have is the colour of the AR. We were expecting the clear-ar crystals to fit into Black Magics, CF dials, etc.

stew007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/5/10
I noticed this straight away, the color is a slight green tint, but reflections are high, the rep AR is much stronger, but thats the way the cookie crumbles, I certainly dont blame TX, he's gone past the call of duty to get these made, so its no biggie to get the AR re-done if need be.

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
I ordered the second run exactly like the first (same specs, same manufacturer). There was a problem on the manufacturer's side and I'm working with them to fix it. The AR on the second batch should not have been done this way.

I'll post the details on how this will be handled after I'm done with the details with the manufacturer.

The AR I ordered was not the one I received and I only noticed it after Guru informed me and I had one installed on a SS.

IMHO, these 'TX 2nd run' crystals would actually look good in a All-Black or Tempus.

I'd agree. I've heard that from some folks.

I still need to fix them for the folks that have models that require a clear AR.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
I have the all black and it did not look good. You couldn't even see the dial.

JC7

15/6/10
What happened with this... Can I get a new crystal or partial refund?

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
sorry about the delay. I have been traveling a lot for work.

Crystals are in (with the correct AR). Pls PM me

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Great to here, mine will be in the post to you tomorrow for exchange.

JC7

15/6/10
I got my 2nd round TX crystal installed today and it is PERFECT! Thank TX SOOOOO much for doing this... I can't imagine that this has been a fun, easy or even profitable run for you. Thank you again, it is perfect.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
I got my 2nd round TX crystal installed today and it is PERFECT! Thank TX SOOOOO much for doing this... I can't imagine that this has been a fun, easy or even profitable run for you. Thank you again, it is perfect.

Good start to 2011 for you then JC. Happy new year.

JC7

15/6/10
Good start to 2011 for you then JC. Happy new year.

HECK YEA! I'll tell you the watchsmith wasn't too happy when I showed up today asking to change my crystal.. something about new years day not suppose to be working. lol

drknight27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/10
Tx,

Just sent you a PM regarding shipping details and options.

Talk to you soon,