• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB TX Crystals

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
TX - I definitely want in. Any idea of how long it will be?

lbahoshy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/10
Has anyone taken their watch somewhere to have the crystal fitted. Would any watchmaker be able to do this? I don't think I would be able to do this myself without risking screwing it all up !

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
I tried that tutorial before and ended up breaking the bezel screws. I would not follow that.

Here's the series of steps I use. The crystal is not tight and with care it's very easy. I would not remove the bezel. The risk of damage is a lot higher.

Step 1: Remove case back (6 screws)

Step 2: Remove the movement holder tabs/screws

There are 2 holders. (V2's don't seem to have them though)

Step 3: Remove stem

Remember this is a 7750. To remove the stem push the crown all the way in (winding position), push the stem release button (gentle), pull the crown.

Step 4: Remove the movement from the case

Gently turn the case around and take the movement/dial/hands out.

Step 5: Push the crystal from the inside

This part you can do with your hands

Step 6: Install the new crystal

You can do it without a crystal press but I'd suggest you get one. This is a flat crystal so it's not that hard. You just need 2 flat surfaces (one to put the case the other to push the crystal).

Step 7: Reverse the early steps

sharkie

8/8/10
am i too late? if not, then please kindly put me down for one. thnx much.

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
am i too late? if not, then please kindly put me down for one. thnx much.

If everyone that says they want one comes thru, I'm short. But the last time that wasn't the case so I'm adding your name to the list.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
add another one for me. I was so impressed with it 1st time round, it would be a real shame if you did not do another run, as we all appreciate the time you have taken to help us all.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Can TX or anyone else get us an update on this? Thanks Guys!!

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
waiting on shipment from manufacturer. It should happen this week. I'll post weekly updates from now on.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Nice. Thank for the speedy response TX!

deniz21

30/9/09
dam after thinking and remembering you did another run, i maild you a pm today over on another forum...dam i bet your crystals are all sold right??? look if anyone jumps out please put me in line if this is possible tx, cause i want one or better two if this is possible

deniz

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
The crystals arrived last week and I have been sending PM to folks. I'll contact all on the list by next week.