• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB TX Crystals

drknight27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/10
Thanks TX for coordinating all of these orders.

I got your PM and responded.

Drknight

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
For the folks that I have already contacted, I'll be sending the pp invoice to the email provided during the weekend.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I have not had a PM from you with details, but as mentioned earlier in this thread I am interested in another, and as a previous customer of the 1st batch I was mightily impressed! Ive sent a PM with paypal addy

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
I have started shipping the crystals. Since the crystals are oversold I will allow 1 week for the folks I have PM to reply. For those of you that have I'll be sending an invoice shortly using the email provided and the crystals ship the next business day.

This is the most gen like crystal you will find for 44mm HBBs. Correct thickness and Swiss AR (not aftermarket but applied by the manufacturer).

Thanks.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
paid. and literally got tracking info within 3 minutes. TX is the man.

accordingi2ime

22/7/10
Nice. ordered 3... I still don't have my watches though. these will probably come before my watches do....

I am still contemplating whether or not I should buy the tools and mod the watches myself. I am usually pretty competent with my hands but I have never used these tool before crystal press, hand remover etc...

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
Nice. ordered 3... I still don't have my watches though. these will probably come before my watches do....

I am still contemplating whether or not I should buy the tools and mod the watches myself. I am usually pretty competent with my hands but I have never used these tool before crystal press, hand remover etc...

to replace the crystal is actually very simple.

Removing the bezel is not necessary or recommended.

Step 1: Remove case back (6 screws)

hbb16.jpg

Step 2: Remove the movement holder tabs/screws

There are 2 holders.

Step 3: Remove stem

Remember this is a 7750. To remove the stem push the crown all the way in (winding position), push the stem release button (gentle), pull the crown.

Step 4: Remove the movement from the case

Gently turn the case around and take the movement/dial/hands out.

Step 5: Push the crystal from the inside

This part you can do with your hands

Step 6: Install the new crystal

You can do it without a crystal press but I'd suggest you get one. This is a flat crystal so it's not that hard. You just need 2 flat surfaces (one to put the case the other to push the crystal).

Step 7: Reverse the early steps

Some people talk about removing the bezel but I don't think it's necessary. Plus you will need the H screw driver, you may break the screws, all sorts of things.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
HI TX

I have responded to your PM with my delivery address details as requested, please respond so I can send payment over, thanks.

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
well I posted in this thread a bit ago about wanting them, but I didn't get the
pm. so I guess I'm wondering if they're all still 'oversold' and that's why? if
not I'd like to express my interest again.

artDR

28/2/09
Anyone have any extras? I need at least one. Two would be better! Send me a pm.

If you're doing another run, count me in.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I have received 1 crystal from the latest run and all I can say is, the AR is terrible.
The crystal is nice but the AR is so bad that I took the crystal back off the watch and I am going to send the crystal now to fine dd for new AR. Even the rep crystal is better!

JC7

15/6/10
I have received 1 crystal from the latest run and all I can say is, the AR is terrible.
The crystal is nice but the AR is so bad that I took the crystal back off the watch and I am going to send the crystal now to fine dd for new AR. Even the rep crystal is better!

Agreed. Mine was sent to Taka a few weeks ago. However I did get an email from TX this AM apologizing saying that is we sent them back to him he would RE-AR them for us.... nice gesture at least.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
is he ever going to produce more of those?

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London

and there was me thinking i was seeing things, its not a patch on the crystal i got from the first batch.... hope he can sort me out

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
Folks,

the manufacturer screwed up the AR this time. My sincere apologies for this but unfortunately out of my control. I'm dealing with a very respected firm and I had no reason to believe they would mess up like that.

I'm working out a deal with them to fix this. Most likely it will involve replacing the crystal you have.

In case you have already redone the AR I will discuss individually how to fix this for you.

JC7

15/6/10
Folks,

the manufacturer screwed up the AR this time. My sincere apologies for this but unfortunately out of my control. I'm dealing with a very respected firm and I had no reason to believe they would mess up like that.

I'm working out a deal with them to fix this. Most likely it will involve replacing the crystal you have.

In case you have already redone the AR I will discuss individually how to fix this for you.

Good man, I look forward to hearing from you.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Folks,

True Gent, many thanks..

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
I have 3 from the latest batch that are suspect.
let us know the deal Tx, thanks for being stand up about it.