• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone seen a rep Pilot's MERCEDES-AMG PETRONAS FORMULA ONE™ TEAM edition?

lianhuafoju

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/19
can we have the link of this on any TD?
ZF does have one. not sure when they came out with it but I plan on getting one. I attached some pics.

I have a copy in gold/cyan ( i realize they don't make it but i still love it). I've been looking for the red strap like the original but no one has made it yet, so I just found another red strap.

KermitTheFrog

It’s not easy being green
Certified
24/6/14
Belgium
Is it just me, or does the seconds at 9 have the wrong dial. Seems the seconds dial is at 6, but the seconds run on the dial at 9, judging from the sequence in the pictures

mini-mad

7/5/12
France
Is it just me, or does the seconds at 9 have the wrong dial. Seems the seconds dial is at 6, but the seconds run on the dial at 9, judging from the sequence in the pictures
Absolutely, This is a constant flaw with every IWC chrono since they switched to in-group movements instead of the 7750 architecture they had been using for decades.
To me it's way more acceptable on such watches where all the chronology hands are the same color like this one or the Lake Tahoe.

Grandprixfan

3/12/21
ZF does have one. not sure when they came out with it but I plan on getting one. I attached some pics.

I have a copy in gold/cyan ( i realize they don't make it but i still love it). I've been looking for the red strap like the original but no one has made it yet, so I just found another red strap.

So...who is actually selling this watch currently? :unsure:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I can get them for anyone who wants one.

I would like to get the ZF version of the watch...how do I go about this please? :)

Anybody trying to set themselves up as an unauthorized dealer on RWI is going to have problems.

Anybody who chooses to do business with someone who's trying to operate as an unauthorized dealer on RWI deserves what they get - including but not limited to losing their money.

watchgeekinchina

Horology Curious
23/5/23
China/Sacramento
Anybody trying to set themselves up as an unauthorized dealer on RWI is going to have problems.

Anybody who chooses to do business with someone who's trying to operate as an unauthorized dealer on RWI deserves what they get - including but not limited to losing their money.
I just read the sales rules. I need about 27 more days and 20 plus posts to qualify haha. Just found this website so sorry if I broke any rules.

Also @Grandprixfan I just talked to my local guy and he told me that this is not a ZF factory watch but a partnered factory that allowed them to use their name. So what others posted earlier was and still holds true, ZF hasn't made this. Still looks nice though!

KermitTheFrog

It’s not easy being green
Certified
24/6/14
Belgium
Absolutely, This is a constant flaw with every IWC chrono since they switched to in-group movements instead of the 7750 architecture they had been using for decades.
To me it's way more acceptable on such watches where all the chronology hands are the same color like this one or the Lake Tahoe.
I understand, but they should at least have the dials right. So that the seconds dial at least shows 20-40-60 and not 12-3-6-9. like in this case

BucksInFive

23/5/23
USA
I just read the sales rules. I need about 27 more days and 20 plus posts to qualify haha. Just found this website so sorry if I broke any rules.

Also @Grandprixfan I just talked to my local guy and he told me that this is not a ZF factory watch but a partnered factory that allowed them to use their name. So what others posted earlier was and still holds true, ZF hasn't made this. Still looks nice though!
those are the rules to sell in the marketplace, you shouldn't be soliciting sales on other parts of the forum.

Grandprixfan

3/12/21
I picked up this version of the IWC Miami F1 Mercedes Petronas...but it has the White date window...I guess it is only a matter of time before a Trusted dealer provides us with the correct blue/green DW. I did have some photos sent to me of one with the Blue/Green DW, but the caseback is not see through like the original. Still a nice try though.(y)

Reactions: watchgeekinchina

watchgeekinchina

Horology Curious
23/5/23
China/Sacramento
I picked up this version of the IWC Miami F1 Mercedes Petronas...but it has the White date window...I guess it is only a matter of time before a Trusted dealer provides us with the correct blue/green DW. I did have some photos sent to me of one with the Blue/Green DW, but the caseback is not see through like the original. Still a nice try though.(y)
Looks good. You should have taken the photo five minutes before or after so we could see the date lol