• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

H-factory AP Ceramic Diver

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
Okay here is what I did: ordered the HF because the v6 is flossy and pattern is off. Prof is taking care of the thickness of the crystal and its mounting. I'm customizing the jf xs strap and if I mess it up then going gen.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Oh that's odd. There's even photos where I've marked the exact place to drill. But all you're doing is elongating the strap pin holes in the plots towards the strap, so they align with the holes in the rubber strap when that's in the correct position. When you marry them up without the pin you can see where the holes don't align. The pin simply cannot pass through without doing this. as it hits solid metal - the hole is too close to the case. I'll have to find it tomorrow as I'm heading for bed soon! Need my beauty sleep!!

No problem at all. No hurry or rush! Watch was just ordered ;)

jpohl402

10/7/12
Okay here is what I did: ordered the HF because the v6 is flossy and pattern is off. Prof is taking care of the thickness of the crystal and its mounting. I'm customizing the jf xs strap and if I mess it up then going gen.

Great idea/plan buddy!!
Im custom making one too! Just ordered today.
HF base. I bought a V6 watch too, but its not coming to me. Going directly to modder.
Will take complete (decorated) mvmt from V6 to transplant into HF. Both are 2836. Will try to use HF caseback, but if its not thick enough, will use V6 caseback. I know, I know, who cares about mvmt decoration on wrist? I just dont have any deco mvmts and happen to really like AP's design, its gorgeous, so I wanted it. Plus a fun little project.
Then, I will have the HF bezel brushed with diamond sandpaper, install 8 brand new JF bezel screws I also just bought into this project, and mod a JF Roo 18mm deployant strap! Factory HF crystal should be fine, Im more concerned w other details... ;)

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
Just curious about 2 things: why do most TDs not sell this watch and also when will it be likely that hfac would put a deco plate on their 2836? This final addon will make this watch probably more desired and more profit for this factory

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Just curious about 2 things: why do most TDs not sell this watch and also when will it be likely that hfac would put a deco plate on their 2836? This final addon will make this watch probably more desired and more profit for this factory
All TDs sell it, bud. Many of them didn't list it in their website, but just ask for an h-fac Cer diver and they quote you an instant price ;)

Autobot

Known Member
29/1/16
I have really enjoyed, watching this thread move forward. I guess Hfac still has the best around

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
27e040fe8806f882caf54f38720ab39e.jpg

Just approved this HF, it looks like my bezel is also brushed? low resolution photos but you can still see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
27e040fe8806f882caf54f38720ab39e.jpg

Just approved this HF, it looks like my bezel is also brushed? low resolution photos but you can still see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than mine was, that's for sure.

pbarsenal1

21/1/15
The dial on h FAC just makes this clearly the best version ..my noob ceramic just stays in my drawer wishing I bought the h FAC....the example above looks fanrastic

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I've just never been drawn to AP divers, generally, but I like what I'm reading here. Maybe I'm ready to cut my AP diver teeth with this one.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
As far as I know recent batches of HF do have more brushing on the bezel than earlier batches.

As for HF adding a deco plate to increase their profits? Very helpful suggestion but if they did that then the CB would need to be thicker and all those eagle eyed rep dimension spotters would notice that on the wrist and call you out!!

Sent from hell

Autobot

Known Member
29/1/16
These look great, I will need to look into these after I take delivery of my most recent. Keep the pics coming!

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
Could someone post the link where they bought this hfac ceramic diver?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

jpohl402

10/7/12
Could someone post the link where they bought this hfac ceramic diver?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

Mark,
TrustyTime or PerfectClones list the watch on their website. Beware they are NOT TDs here!
Most TDs here can also source ;)

AlanW3010

Renowned Member
4/8/11
UK
All TDs sell it, bud. Many of them didn't list it in their website, but just ask for an h-fac Cer diver and they quote you an instant price ;)

Not really. I'd like one of these. it would go SO well on my OEM strap that someone (I forget who) sold me, but I can't find one. See above comment.

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Not really. I'd like one of these. it would go SO well on my OEM strap that someone (I forget who) sold me, but I can't find one. See above comment.

Lol, I bought that watch something like 3 times from Ryan (Intime.co) and 1 time from Sead (Supermirrors). They both don't have it listed in their website...

So, just email them and ask for the latest H-fac Cer Diver ;)

AlanW3010

Renowned Member
4/8/11
UK
Lol, I bought that watch something like 3 times from Ryan (Intime.co) and 1 time from Sead (Supermirrors). They both don't have it listed in their website...

So, just email them and ask for the latest H-fac Cer Diver ;)

Thanks. found it at Toros. Have to say the OEM fit on the JF SS is pretty poor. I ordered some more inserts from AP Bands and maybe that will fix it. Failing that I'll mount it on the Ceramic when I get it. Now.... gotta find a nice 44mm for that new GP strap that's arriving tomorrow.