• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

H-factory AP Ceramic Diver

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Movement is the same, just a decorated rotor.
I'll post some more pics tonight, and check for o-rings when I get a chance

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Thx mate... My 'old' one doesn't have the o-rings

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09

Thank you!! This might be worth a trade out if this new version has O rings.
Tin, have you done any mods to the bezel screws to increase waterproofness?

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Dang. Anyone know if JF v7 O rings will fit??? Wanna get this guy waterproof.

walkingcloud

Renowned Member
10/7/12
Haha just giving you a hard time.. If you have more pics showing the new brushing that would be awesome!

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Here's some more of the updated bezel
fzBnuay.jpg

WeZgG02.jpg

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Bumping an older thread. Does anyone know if H-Factory started to provide a more decorated movement or if the pictures on Toro's site are from NOOB factory? :

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1415

In everyone's expert opinion is the H-Fac still superior to Noob and JF?

Thanks!

The movt has the perlage decoration which is better than Toros pics, but crucially it's not a 2824 as advertised. It's a 2836 which might be because of the thicker more accurate case size. Now this isn't an issue if you want to convert to low beat since the 2836 and 2824 have identical going trains. But it is an issue for the date wheel (which has the older font) as the 2836 DW is different and I had a spare 2824 DW from a V7 but now I cannot use it.

Also on the subject of modding it's not possible to put an O ring under the screws as there isn't room, but the bezel has a huge O ring seal internally so WR isn't an issue.

Bang for buck the H Fac is still my choice!

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
The movt has the perlage decoration which is better than Toros pics, but crucially it's not a 2824 as advertised. It's a 2836 which might be because of the thicker more accurate case size. Now this isn't an issue if you want to convert to low beat since the 2836 and 2824 have identical going trains. But it is an issue for the date wheel (which has the older font) as the 2836 DW is different and I had a spare 2824 DW from a V7 but now I cannot use it.

Also on the subject of modding it's not possible to put an O ring under the screws as there isn't room, but the bezel has a huge O ring seal internally so WR isn't an issue.

Bang for buck the H Fac is still my choice!

A question about the Hfac ceramic diver: is the watch already fitted with this bezel O ring? And thus is it already really WP? And what is your experience with this watch so far? I am seriously thinking of getting this one

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
A question about the Hfac ceramic diver: is the watch already fitted with this bezel O ring? And thus is it already really WP? And what is your experience with this watch so far? I am seriously thinking of getting this one

The watch is factory fitted with all O rings and seals just like any watch is. It doesn't have the tiny O rings under the bezel screws like the JF does (HFac screws have a thicker head than JF so no room for O ring) but I doubt they're there to waterproof it as much as they provide a tiny bit of a cushion adjustment effect allowing the screws to recess just below the bezel surface, since both the main case back and bezel O rings fall inside the circle of bezel screws and are what do the waterproofing. I have fitted the bezel screws and O rings from a V7 only because I had them spare. Is it waterproof? Good question - I don't swim or dive so can't really say. But it's very humid here in HK and the back regularly gets bathed in sweat so if it wasn't at least water resistant I would expect to see fogging inside the xtal. I don't is the answer. Properly assembled and seals lubed I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be waterproof to a reasonable amount.

My one and only big criticism with the HFac is the hour hand. Not sure if they've changed it or not now, but they were not good. I changed mine by hand modifying it (the "bars" are too thick so lume too narrow and very grey coloured) and was a nightmare trying to get the new lume to match. In daylight it still doesn't look quite right but under artificial light it looks fine so I can live with it as its a million times better than it was.

My only other slight grumble is their use of a 2836 movement rather than the 2824 the others use. This means I'm stuck with the incorrect date wheel and cannot use the correct font V7 DW I have spare as they're not the same. But a low beat mod can be done as the train and escapement are the same.

So overall my experience is very good once a few things are done. Biggest things to get done immediately would be that hour hand and changing the rubber strap (which isn't as well made as JF but they're not a straight swap, some modifying of the plot to strap holes is needed).

Would I buy the HFac again - absolutely ! Despite a few flaws it gets most crucial things right that others don't.

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
Mister Hub:

Is it possible to change the movement for a 2824? will the dial, hands, crown fit properly?

thanks

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Mister Hub:

Is it possible to change the movement for a 2824? will the dial, hands, crown fit properly?

thanks

Dial and hands are the same. The difference between the 2824 and 2836 is two - one is the height of the stem and the other is the complete date change mechanism and DW. Everything else is the same. So unfortunately they can't be changed as the stem won't align.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Holy Jumping Jehoshaphat!! The 2824 DW will work in the 2836. I've just tried it out of curiosity on some spare parts I have. It means it's fractionally sunk lower than the proper 2836 DW. The 2824 DW is a dead flat disc but the 2836 has the teeth stepped down so the printed surface is raised up. Using the 2824 DW will mean a slightly bigger gap between it and the cyclops. That might actually be an advantage since it might increase the magnification slightly and has that same AP sunken DW appearance.

The best just got better!! Woohoo. Now my day is filled doing that V7 DW swap after all.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Such a pain that these are top loading movements! If only it needed just the CB removing!!

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Scrub that. The 2836 mainplate is different. There's a recessed track for the stepped teeth to run in. The 2824 teeth are fouling their retainers so it's not doable!!

collector00

5/8/15
Hi all,
this thread started a year ago..
is H factory still sort of the best in this AP diver's Ceramic range?

I'm thinking which to get n i noted that H Factory AP diver (steel) is very cheap.. toro selling at $199 only...
hont selling AP Diver (FC) at $238....