• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

H-factory AP Ceramic Diver

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Hi all,
this thread started a year ago..
is H factory still sort of the best in this AP diver's Ceramic range?

I'm thinking which to get n i noted that H Factory AP diver (steel) is very cheap.. toro selling at $199 only...
hont selling AP Diver (FC) at $238....

Yep HFac still rules the ceramic roost. But not the cheap SS. I bought that and actually used its bezel ring for my V7. It has a deeper step down to the dial than the V7 and is more accurate in that respect. But everything else is weird. The SS has a much brighter colour than a V7, and the supplied strap had such a strong smell it actually overpowered my whole room. I'd avoid it to be honest and get a V7.

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
14/8/14
Just got my H-fac Ceramic diver from Toro today, it doesn't have the updated brushed bezel, which is what I specifically asked for -_-

u8pVlPJl.jpg

2WtTuQ2l.jpg

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Just got my H-fac Ceramic diver from Toro today, it doesn't have the updated brushed bezel, which is what I specifically asked for -_-

u8pVlPJl.jpg

2WtTuQ2l.jpg

What is really good is that they've improved the hour hand now. Looks much better. The bezel can be sanded anyway so it's no biggie and not sure anyone has confirmed there's a revised bezel anyway!!

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
What is really good is that they've improved the hour hand now. Looks much better. The bezel can be sanded anyway so it's no biggie and not sure anyone has confirmed there's a revised bezel anyway!!

The strap quality is also sh!t compared to JF and even Noob, but I didn't have high expectations.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Yep and that's already been noted before. But a JF strap isn't a straight swap. The HF buckle is super.

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
Yep and that's already been noted before. But a JF strap isn't a straight swap. The HF buckle is super.

Is there a thread explaining how to install the JF strap on the H-fac ROO diver?

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Search in my posts. I've got photos up somewhere. You have to drill the holes in the HF plots to elongate them so the strap pin aligns. A small amount of the rubber needs shaving where the plots end seats into the strap. It's obvious when you try to marry things up.

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Search in my posts. I've got photos up somewhere. You have to drill the holes in the HF plots to elongate them so the strap pin aligns. A small amount of the rubber needs shaving where the plots end seats into the strap. It's obvious when you try to marry things up.
Or just put a gen rubber strap on it... The fitment is awesome and you don't need to mod anything ;)

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
And with a gen rubber strap, you'll have a total black watch. Not a black case with 'dark grey' rubber strap. The rep strap has this effect.
Same issue with the FC case...

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
Or just put a gen rubber strap on it... The fitment is awesome and you don't need to mod anything ;)

How much does a gen rubber stap go for though? I'm guessing $400+ (more than the watch itself)

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
How much does a gen rubber stap go for though? I'm guessing $400+ (more than the watch itself)
It depends... Maybe you can find some good deals in the strap section ;)
I think there an XS one for sale in this moment, lol

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Yes, and the fitment is better than Noob and any othe factory, bud ;)

It's funny these crazy variations between them. Some use the same supplier for certain things but most are different. Not something you expect HF to get right yet JF and N wrong!!

jpohl402

10/7/12

I have searched & searched in your posts but cannot seem to find, at least here on RWI. I did not check on RepGeek, possible that it's there?
Will need to do this. Thanks!

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I have searched & searched in your posts but cannot seem to find, at least here on RWI. I did not check on RepGeek, possible that it's there?
Will need to do this. Thanks!

Oh that's odd. There's even photos where I've marked the exact place to drill. But all you're doing is elongating the strap pin holes in the plots towards the strap, so they align with the holes in the rubber strap when that's in the correct position. When you marry them up without the pin you can see where the holes don't align. The pin simply cannot pass through without doing this. as it hits solid metal - the hole is too close to the case. I'll have to find it tomorrow as I'm heading for bed soon! Need my beauty sleep!!