• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guitars and Watches

D

d4m.test

...I will in the near future. (Uh, of course, being an O.F., I have to write notes to myself to remind myself of stuff I was supposed to do yesterday, heh!)

dave

Hey, Rol Man!

Great looking watch; ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS Martin -- a "grail" guitar. (I have acousticals -- 2 Sigmas (division of CF Martin), a 6 & 12 string; a Yamaha classical guitar, a knock around Jay Turser (division of Washburn), and an old nameless 6 string, which was my starter. I hope to be able to post some pics of them. This is a WONDERFUL thread!! Enjoyed & impressed with the instruments RWI members have!!

dave

Thanks Dave,

Had a couple of "beaters" before this one. Bought new in '74 and has been across the cont. US and just came back from a neck reset a few months ago. Not unusual for a Martin that age. If you get the chance, show us what you have!

Bob

BTW, rol man: If you ever get the chance to visit the factory in Nazereth, please do so, you'll think you're in heaven. The factory is only about 60 miles from my house here in NorthEast PA (NEPA, as the locals state), and I've visited it severeal times on my motorcycle. They have a room in which you can play a wide variety of Martins -- including some of their metallic acousticals -- while you're waiting for your tour group to start. Last time I was there, saw a $50,000 Martin being made for some dude in Saudi Arabia, I believe. Gold inlays & silver frets, with pearl etchings on the strike board. Far out! After your tour, they give you a sound hole cutout to take home, as you pass though the souvineir (sp.) shop on your way out.

dave

Hey, Rol Man!

Great looking watch; ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS Martin -- a "grail" guitar. (I have acousticals -- 2 Sigmas (division of CF Martin), a 6 & 12 string; a Yamaha classical guitar, a knock around Jay Turser (division of Washburn), and an old nameless 6 string, which was my starter. I hope to be able to post some pics of them. This is a WONDERFUL thread!! Enjoyed & impressed with the instruments RWI members have!!

dave

Thanks Dave,

Had a couple of "beaters" before this one. Bought new in '74 and has been across the cont. US and just came back from a neck reset a few months ago. Not unusual for a Martin that age. If you get the chance, show us what you have!

Bob

Pardon me while I drool, but that Taylor is gorgeous. If you need it to have safe keeping and pampered care, I'll send you my address... .

dave

Finally got around to taking some pictures :)

The guitar is a Taylor 426ce Ltd.

SS851598.jpg

SS851603.jpg

Here's a picture of the full guitar:

ta080310020_7.jpg

also have this old wristie from some time ago with an Ibanez Artwood in the back, plus a cheap Gibson look-a-like:

DSCF4558.jpg

and this one with cheap condenser/bondmaster:

DSCF4623.jpg

DSCF4626.jpg

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Pardon me while I drool, but that Taylor is gorgeous. If you need it to have safe keeping and pampered care, I'll send you my address... .

dave

Thanks Dave ;)

I love this guitar, it plays as beautifully as it looks!

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Arrgghhh

A seiko diver and a strat (both vintage... )
Just what I needed since I'm very much considering getting a black monster very soon and trying to "vintagise" a bit the sound of my Aria Pro II super strat (a shredding monster from the 80's... ) with strat pick ups. (The look will remain non vintage as hell, but hey, that's fun too!!)

A pic of that guitar (with no watch yet... )

speed3mp2.jpg

superdriver

Known Member
15/11/10
California
Pakz, Aria Pro11 are an excellent guitar quality made, I have one of the few American built Fullerton series, it was a prototype/sample that I assembled with Seymour Duncan single coils and a Wilkinson Vibrato Bridge.
If you are thinking of the Seiko Black Monster, you might want to consider the Black Franken Monster, a
SKZ255K_s.jpg
bit larger and more expensive but I love mine.
P1030690.jpg

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Looks interesting... but I already have a very large "tool divers watch" in the person of the Yema Sous Marine 300m... (45mm bezel, 56 with the crown, having a "crown assembly" including a bezel locking mechanism), so I was looking for a real divers watch that is a bit smaller... and quite cheap!

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
They are the best! It's swamp ash but not quite butterscotch. Its a replica of Bruce Springsteen's famous Esquire/Telecaster. Its coated with a tinted nitrocellulose to replicate the look. Now I just need to play it for 30 years to get it looking as cool as the real thing :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
My new(old) 1675 with my Yamaha SC400 from like a million years ago.

mJ9Jc.jpg

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
I've got a Tele homage... I'll use it for pics tomorrow... or the day after...
It's really a nice guitar in its bare-bone simplicity!