• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guitars and Watches

D

d4m.test

Great Watch & Guitar

Hey, Rol Man!

Great looking watch; ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS Martin -- a "grail" guitar. (I have acousticals -- 2 Sigmas (division of CF Martin), a 6 & 12 string; a Yamaha classical guitar, a knock around Jay Turser (division of Washburn), and an old nameless 6 string, which was my starter. I hope to be able to post some pics of them. This is a WONDERFUL thread!! Enjoyed & impressed with the instruments RWI members have!!

dave

:popcorn:

Some nice instruments gents... '74 Martin D-28 with DRSD

D28DRSD2.jpg

D28DRSD1.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Covered the three electrics I have; the lone accoustic is a 1940 Silvertone, and I'm not up to the task of digging it out of the closet.

Oris Carlos Coste on Washburn bass
IMG_0215-1.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Graham Chronofighter Oversize Diver on 1986 Fender Katana
IMG_0228-1.jpg

Breitling Avenger Skyland (v3) on 1985 Washburn G2-v. I love that old Wonderbar tremolo.
IMG_0233.jpg

Not nearly as cool as others, but it's what I got. :anopsis:

paulbrichter

29/3/11
In reference to all: AWESOME. Each of your choice of guitar is as unique a choice of what watch to wear each day of the week. Makes and models, Color scheme, pickup tone, amp choice tells something and each and everyone of us. And you're all awesome.

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Suberb....

There really are some nice guitars (and basses) in there... As I said, 6 or 4 stings, come along (I forgot 12 strings, sorry for that ;) ),

Epiphone "el cheapo" and vintage Gibson L-5 are all wanted here! (I'll try to spread a bit, will go to a next guitar in a few day, during the WE... since for guitars, like watches, I tend to favour a "slowish" rotation pace)

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Well... A little bit ashamed after all those beauties, but well, to each its own and so and so...
So here's a Japanese es-335 homage from 1974 (my birth year, so yeah, that's double cool) with custom hand wound pickups... And my old Navitimer... Was "dead" but the pushers worked... Gave it a smack or two, and a few rounds of hand winding and well... it works again (but the pushers do not respond anymore, wtf??? those A7750 are really touchy!)

nav335a.jpg

nav335b.jpg

nav335c.jpg

nav335d.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Well... A little bit ashamed after all those beauties, but well, to each its own and so and so...
So here's a Japanese es-335 homage from 1974

I always wanted an ES-335. I can't play six strings anymore (damned fingers) but I can manage the larger strings of a bass, which is why I switched. Still love to have one just to hold!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I wish I thought of this thread, didn't know there were other guitar collectors out there!! So excited...

View attachment 756
90's Custom Shop strat
Black sub

View attachment 757
All American Fender Telecaster
Black sub

View attachment 758
Hendrix 90s Re issue lefty neck!
Black sub

View attachment 759
View attachment 760
Inside my cedar lined studio room.

You play both, Paul?
I used to be a studio drummer and finally decided to learn a musical instrument.
I bought a guitar cheap 2 months ago and have been teaching myself off YouTube, Ultimate Guitar Tabs, etc.

I don't have any drum/watch pics because ALL watches come off when I play!

paulbrichter

29/3/11
Awesome Rog. Where you located? Play with anyone fun? And Yep, percussion was my first form of anything musical for the first 10 years of my life and then I went to college, kept it up with different bands but the lack of space forced me to chose something else so I went the next route, guitar. Graduated, college #1 then college #2, went to Berklee College of music for business management and classical guitar.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Hey, Rol Man!

Great looking watch; ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS Martin -- a "grail" guitar. (I have acousticals -- 2 Sigmas (division of CF Martin), a 6 & 12 string; a Yamaha classical guitar, a knock around Jay Turser (division of Washburn), and an old nameless 6 string, which was my starter. I hope to be able to post some pics of them. This is a WONDERFUL thread!! Enjoyed & impressed with the instruments RWI members have!!

dave

Thanks Dave,

Had a couple of "beaters" before this one. Bought new in '74 and has been across the cont. US and just came back from a neck reset a few months ago. Not unusual for a Martin that age. If you get the chance, show us what you have!

Bob

AskMeAgain

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/11
My daily beater, but I play it or my yamaha classical pretty much every day as its my way of unwinding :) Ibanze s classic 620 picked up in a pawn shop with case for $120

Ibanez.jpg

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
What a great thread! Watches + Guitars = Perfection
Some beautiful axes here... :)

superdriver

Known Member
15/11/10
California
This is a great area for us gear heads, I will post some pictures once I get chance, thanks Pakz for directing me here.

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Finally got around to taking some pictures :)

The guitar is a Taylor 426ce Ltd.

SS851598.jpg

SS851603.jpg

Here's a picture of the full guitar:

ta080310020_7.jpg

also have this old wristie from some time ago with an Ibanez Artwood in the back, plus a cheap Gibson look-a-like:

DSCF4558.jpg

and this one with cheap condenser/bondmaster:

DSCF4623.jpg

DSCF4626.jpg

haoping

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/7/11
wonderful post

Forget about watches and guitars, I want to get banned!!

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Niiiiiiice
I like how the blue of the hands and the blue of the strat correspond (should be more striking on a larger pic, but already... )