• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Explorer II 226570 with VR3285 Made with Gen as Reference

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
how's the movement holding up in these for the people who own them? looking at getting one but read a few reports of it being unreliable
I had mine serviced. And swapped out the setting lever for gen. It's been solid! Can't complain.

Reactions: xairate

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I’ve seen a few broken vr3285s (mostly setting lever issues). But I have a strong selection bias in what I tend to see.

PTVGA

Horology Curious
9/10/22
N Georgia
I had mine serviced. And swapped out the setting lever for gen. It's been solid! Can't complain.
I would very much like to have mine serviced. Can't find anyone local that will do anything with it, and reached out to a couple different US contacts through RWI with no luck. Don't really want to it to go through customs again.
Replacing some with Gen parts would be fine with me. Watch looks great, just the movement is failed.
Wish I could find someone here that could fix it with reliable parts. Would be great.
Glad you have yours working well.

Reactions: xairate

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I would very much like to have mine serviced. Can't find anyone local that will do anything with it, and reached out to a couple different US contacts through RWI with no luck. Don't really want to it to go through customs again.
Replacing some with Gen parts would be fine with me. Watch looks great, just the movement is failed.
Wish I could find someone here that could fix it with reliable parts. Would be great.
Glad you have yours working well.
Wow, you couldn’t find anyone in the States here on this forum to service your watch? That doesn’t sound too good for the rest of us,. There’s got to be a watchmaker or two or three in the CONUS who can do the work. Maybe you just didn’t find one yet.

PTVGA

Horology Curious
9/10/22
N Georgia
Wow, you couldn’t find anyone in the States here on this forum to service your watch? That doesn’t sound too good for the rest of us,. There’s got to be a watchmaker or two or three in the CONUS who can do the work. Maybe you just didn’t find one yet.
I reached out to a few trusted on the forum, to no happy result. I may have missed someone. Would still very much like to get the explorer 2 up and running. Great looking watch and would be a great travel watch with all it has to offer. One local shop thought they could fit another movement into it, but would not function like it should.
Just the movement... Does not wind, skips when turning crown. Does not wind on winder either. Bummer.