• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF DateJust 36mm 126234 - new Basel 2019 model already released in 904L

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I think the dial batons look too thick, anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mirko.897

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
This vs ARF ?

GMF all day long! I had ARF DJ41 and this DJ36 from GMF and the datewheel is a huge difference. Also bracelet from GMF is nice. Sunburst effect on black dial is wonderful also on GMF.
The lugs of the ARF are an instant tell aswell. Way too rounded. The gen lugs are sharper. GMF did well!

Last edited:
Reactions: xuangiao

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
GMF all day long! I had ARF DJ41 and this DJ36 from GMF and the datewheel is a huge difference. Also bracelet from GMF is nice. Sunburst effect on black dial is wonderful also on GMF.
The lugs of the ARF are an instant tell aswell. Way too rounded. The gen lugs are sharper. GMF did well!
Funny reading this. I've been ranting and raving about the quality and finish of their bracelet on the BLNR in the GMF GMT thread since it arrived at my door.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Got mine today - pretty happy with it :) The datewheel is a bit on the lower side of the window, but nothing that really bothers me.
Depending on the angle of the light the dial is either silver or slightly gold. And it wears incredibly comfortable due to the size, weight and jubilee bracelet.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Got mine today - pretty happy with it :) The datewheel is a bit on the lower side of the window, but nothing that really bothers me.
Depending on the angle of the light the dial is either silver or slightly gold. And it wears incredibly comfortable due to the size, weight and jubilee bracelet.

That’s really nice, what movement options are GMF doing?

Reactions: Knaapjen

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Thanks! Mine has the SA3235, not sure if there are any other options.

Knaapjen

Looking Around
9/4/14
Why is the GMF datejust not much reviewed on this forum? beautiful pictures!

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Good question, I guess most go for the bigger DJ41 where the ARF one is supposed to be "king". But I wanted something smaller, more classy, so I went for the DJ36. And I think it suits my 6.5" wrist a bit better, at least for this kind of watch. I usually also wear larger watches, but as a dressy watch I prefer something smaller.
First I wanted the blue one, but I saw many GMF DJ36 where the blue is more purple which I didn't like, so I went for the silver one.

DrMaRcO

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/20
this GMF looks very nice.
Any major flaws in you opinion ?

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
It is looking good. And with the movement 3235 = the 2824 is perfect. Same time-setting direction like GEN. And with the big advantage of an 2824 inside which is very reliable.
Watch looks really nice :)

No Oyster Perpetual in 36mm on the Rep market. Unfortunately :-(

How did you find out that the 3235 movement is a 2824? When I asked about it on another thread someone said it’s based on the SA platform maybe SA3135 and should be avoided, but if it is the more reliable 2824 that would give me a bit more confidence.

Last edited:

Radry

Looking Around
15/4/19
Hello guys, thank you so much for sending pictures of your watches and exprience
I want to go for a DJ36 black dial I thought about this one :
https://puretimewatch.io/datejust-3...-stick-markers-on-jubilee-bracelet-a2824.html

Do you think it's the latest model and best option for GMF brands ? (because I don't get why is it cheaper in this website compare to other website mostly when I've been reading many topic and the 2824 movement seems to be better than the 3235. what you think ?

Would you have any seller contact or website to get it ?
thank you

Reactions: Mikio17

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
So I’m a bit confused here. Does the black dial have sunburst like the gen, or not? Maybe the OP could be so kind and show us a wrist shot in the sun? .)

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
So I’m a bit confused here. Does the black dial have sunburst like the gen, or not? Maybe the OP could be so kind and show us a wrist shot in the sun? .)

I’m wondering the same. This is the only thing keeping me from getting one

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Bezel looks very replica to me. Flutes and angle seems wrong in the same way as BP. I wish it looked more like Rolex fluted bezel but it puts me off :(

Last edited:

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
Bezel looks very replica to me. Flutes and angle seems wrong in the same way as BP. I wish it looked more like Rolex fluted bezel but it puts me off :(

I’ve read that ARF is better for fluted Datejusts. Hopefully they’ll make a version of the 126234 soon

mirko.897

16/2/19

Good evening guys.
I’ve bought mine 36mm GMF 126234 black dial on september and these are my impressions after 7 months of daily use.
- hours indicator too fat than the gen
- cyclop not engraving correctly

P.S. It has the sunburst and the dial colour is not black but has a grey effect depending on light

If we want to discuss about, i could post other pic

mirko.897

16/2/19

Bezel looks correctly; it is in 904L too like the watch itself