• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF DateJust 36mm 126234 - new Basel 2019 model already released in 904L

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15

Good evening guys.
I’ve bought mine 36mm GMF 126234 black dial on september and these are my impressions after 7 months of daily use.
- hours indicator too fat than the gen
- cyclop not engraving correctly

P.S. It has the sunburst and the dial colour is not black but has a grey effect depending on light

If we want to discuss about, i could post other pic

Would love some more pictures! This is the only watch currently on my radar

Reactions: mirko.897

Tahor

Known Member
29/11/16
No final decision made. Go with GMF or ARF.
Is there any Information if VSF will Release a 36mm?

Tahor

Known Member
29/11/16
No final decision made. Go with GMF or ARF?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
No final decision made. Go with GMF or ARF?

Gmf is 12 series, ARF is 11 series, so it’s 2 different models.

I asked my TD, and no one knows atm

Tahor

Known Member
29/11/16
Which one is closer to gen in your opinion? I know that this is a rep game and flaws are usual

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

mirko.897

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/19
Reactions: Hinclimincli

Updog

18/7/19

Some GMF DJ36 126234 White Romans pics - watch from Lucy.

Thoughts:
Bracelet is average, its ok after and ultrasonic clean and oil bath. Unfortunately there is no ARF bracelet for this model yet.
Clasp is crisp, easylink has loosened and is not very tight.
XTAL and cyclops are both good on the white dial.
Dial is the same as the old model Datejust 36. So indicies are too big compared to the new 126234 models.
Water resistant to 6ATM

So much nicer on the wrist than photos do it justice - For reference I have a 6.75" flat wrist and to me, this is perfect.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Some GMF DJ36 126234 White Romans pics - watch from Lucy.

Thoughts:
Bracelet is average, its ok after and ultrasonic clean and oil bath. Unfortunately there is no ARF bracelet for this model yet.
Clasp is crisp, easylink has loosened and is not very tight.
XTAL and cyclops are both good on the white dial.
Dial is the same as the old model Datejust 36. So indicies are too big compared to the new 126234 models.
Water resistant to 6ATM

So much nicer on the wrist than photos do it justice - For reference I have a 6.75" flat wrist and to me, this is perfect.

Well that is certainly a lovely watch indeed! And the domed bezel looks brilliant. Is it the 2824 movement version or Rolex clone?

Floradays

Horology Curious
21/1/22
HI there,

I have one of these on order for my girlfriend (of course she knows its a rep) with the white roman dial and the fluted bezel. Crystal will be replaced with gen. Can anyone tell me how good or bad the fluted bezel is? I am unsure whether I shall (1) keep it as it is, (2) have it plated white gold or (3) replace it with a gen bezel.

Thanks everyone for your opinions!

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Bump. Interested in understanding how the (modern) DJ36 landscape is developing, and this seems to be one of the better threads on the 36, so much ado about the 41....
Who is leading the race in your opinion?

Floradays

Horology Curious
21/1/22
I bought a GMF DJ 36 as a birthday present for my fiance (of course I will tell her it is not gen!). When visiting a few ADs (trying to get me on the list for a Sub or GMT, what a waste of time, lol), she expressed her interest in a DJ 36. Browsing through old and new models, she pretty clearly settled on the 126234 fluted bezel with the white roman dial which literally gave me no other options than GMF.

I ordered a gen crystal and had the bezel plated hoping that the latter will distract a little from the rather sharp bezel edges. I also got it fully serviced for peace of mind (movement is a VR3235).

The watch looks visually very decent from my point of view. At least with the applied plating, the bezel is acceptable and creates very beautiful reflections. The Jubilee bracelet is quite light, but has no sharp corners or edges. I know that the roman numbers are a little bigger than on gen, however I am not able to notice that without having side by side comparison - GMTs dial is still very much balanced. The rehaut/rehaut engraving leaves a lot to be desired. It is much worse that on my CF GMT Master which is also still not on par with gen. I think I will get it polished during the next service to improve that. Movement runs very smooth. It requires more force to change the crown position as I am used from my gen IWC Portuguese Chrono. I do not know how that plays out with gen 32325 movements but I hope that both stem and crown are specified by GMF accordingly.

It still takes a few week until my fiance will receive it but I will keep you posted how she likes it :)

Roy69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/22

That is a neat looking DJ, congrats!

I can see GMF has really upped its game in the DJ sphere compared to the past models.

Regarding the bracelet, trust me I had the opportunity to try out the DJ 36 at a AD and the moment she placed the watch on my wrist my first thought regarding the bracelet was - Wow this is super light weight! Maybe because I am otherwise used to bulky and heavy bracelets.

I dont know if its too much of a hassle but I know some people who had their bracelet and bezel plated with white gold and polished to mimic the gen look.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
That is a neat looking DJ, congrats!

I can see GMF has really upped its game in the DJ sphere compared to the past models.

Regarding the bracelet, trust me I had the opportunity to try out the DJ 36 at a AD and the moment she placed the watch on my wrist my first thought regarding the bracelet was - Wow this is super light weight! Maybe because I am otherwise used to bulky and heavy bracelets.

I dont know if its too much of a hassle but I know some people who had their bracelet and bezel plated with white gold and polished to mimic the gen look.

To be honest, the problem with the bezel is not the shine or lack of, but the fact that the edges aren't as sharp as the genuine. Not that bothers me anyway, but when you are used to seeing a few genuine fluted bezels you can tell that there is something odd going on there, if you look carefully. Again, nothing that should bother anyone. The current 36mm Datejust offer is quite good indeed.

iskillio

12/9/14
To be honest, the problem with the bezel is not the shine or lack of, but the fact that the edges aren't as sharp as the genuine. Not that bothers me anyway, but when you are used to seeing a few genuine fluted bezels you can tell that there is something odd going on there, if you look carefully. Again, nothing that should bother anyone. The current 36mm Datejust offer is quite good indeed.
Z Z Z z AA z z

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

iskillio

12/9/14
Z Z Z z AA z z. Z ze. A

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk