• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF's Navitimer 43mm not perfect?

Mixcoast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/16

Changed the strap and it looks very much better, I think this one is better than the JF I got. And it feels very nice on the wrist to. So I think I'm gonna wear it and I'm gonna be proud.

It seems sundials are more white than the gf version which seems more white / silver. Maybe the light...

Sent from the RWI App

Ludov666

Known Member
23/1/21
EU
Hi guys a bit of help please, so I bought this watch from TD and bazel "scale" is a bit yellowish shouldn't it be like white white? Also subdials alre also a bit yellowish and almost like metallic, it doesn't seem like a good rep to me, but I am a total newbie. Did I just got a bad one or is it in my head.... Thanks

jjhoffas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/19
Sweden
Hi guys a bit of help please, so I bought this watch from TD and bazel "scale" is a bit yellowish shouldn't it be like white white? Also subdials alre also a bit yellowish and almost like metallic, it doesn't seem like a good rep to me, but I am a total newbie. Did I just got a bad one or is it in my head.... Thanks

Not a good one, look at all the dust and particles inside the glass from the dial printing. It's just laying there and will be spred all over the dial.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20

Honestly man, that’s just the crystal and the AR coating… the crystals have that yellowish tint.. the next one will be the exact same… replace the crystal and fix the problem…

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Yep, original GF crystal is pretty bad on this one. I have a Prof coming in, I'll post pics to compare once it is mounted on the watch.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
GF with Prof crystal and gen bezel, courtesy of @neon_7

jaKuOv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
GF with Prof crystal and gen bezel, courtesy of @neon_7

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

How much was the crystal swap ? The GF crystal on mine is not decent. It has that yellow tinge as others have also stated. A crystal swap would definitely lift it to a new level for sure.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I also got this model from GF ,
but can't to set the date , its gump when i move the crowen

Interesting comment.
I recently received my Black Dial GF B01 - apart from the crystal - as I posted above - the other small glitch it has is the manual date change. When you pop the crown to 1st position and start adjusting the date, on occasion the date will jump and not change. If you turn the crown slooowwwlllly, it will change nicely but turning the crown normal speed will occasionally see the date jump and stagger and not change.

Anyone else seen this ?

Other small issue is the clasp on the metal bracelet is a bit hit and miss and doesnt have a nice click when engaging. Its kinda muted and you second guess if its engaged. Based on that Ive purchased a calf skin/nappa black leather strap from a Breitling AD..... beautifully soft and comfortable. I'll post up some pics later.

Kravava

Horology Curious
26/11/22
I think the rep is decent. The obvious tell to the gen is the datewheel and the subdial touching.
I've had the JF Gold wing Navi rep before and i'd say the AR coating is not as good as gen but still good id say.

The Navitimer is my favorite watch so I had to get it gen but if its just something you wanna cop I think the rep could work.

Reactions: M!RO

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Interesting comment.
I recently received my Black Dial GF B01 - apart from the crystal - as I posted above - the other small glitch it has is the manual date change. When you pop the crown to 1st position and start adjusting the date, on occasion the date will jump and not change. If you turn the crown slooowwwlllly, it will change nicely but turning the crown normal speed will occasionally see the date jump and stagger and not change.

Anyone else seen this ?

Other small issue is the clasp on the metal bracelet is a bit hit and miss and doesnt have a nice click when engaging. Its kinda muted and you second guess if its engaged. Based on that Ive purchased a calf skin/nappa black leather strap from a Breitling AD..... beautifully soft and comfortable. I'll post up some pics later.
If you bend the metal part of the bracelet that is open in the center it will solve the problem. It only takes a little pressure.

Last edited: