• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF's Navitimer 43mm not perfect?

jjhoffas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/19
Sweden

jjhoffas

16/10/19
Sweden

This is what I got, looks pretty good in my eyes ???? of course the sunken date is still there but its a very good rep.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20

This is what I got, looks pretty good in my eyes ???? of course the sunken date is still there but its a very good rep.

Well, it is certainly evident now that OXF fixed the slide rule.. but this indeed is NOT GF as GF just has two lines of writing and not 3..
Also, the font and sub dial hands are looking a bit wonky...
but the biggest is the fact that the date font is Egregiously wrong..
but I have to say, I’m glad to see they fixed the slide rule..

Reactions: asibarak

jjhoffas

16/10/19
Sweden
Well, it is certainly evident now that OXF fixed the slide rule.. but this indeed is NOT GF as GF just has two lines of writing and not 3..

Changed the strap and it looks very much better, I think this one is better than the JF I got. And it feels very nice on the wrist to. So I think I'm gonna wear it and I'm gonna be proud.

Reactions: Slanglican

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
neon_7 i have to say though.. oxf did manage to keep the subdial spacing looking a bit better than the GF... but otherwise, I’m not sure how it stacks up..
id be curious to know what people thought I’d the font was correct on this oxf or whatever factory it’s from... it could also be. Aif or some other unknown factory...
wonder what the caseback looks like

jjhoffas

16/10/19
Sweden
neon_7 i have to say though.. oxf did manage to keep the subdial spacing looking a bit better than the GF... but otherwise, I’m not sure how it stacks up..
id be curious to know what people thought I’d the font was correct on this oxf or whatever factory it’s from... it could also be. Aif or some other unknown factory...

I think it's good here are some pictures. Also the slide rule feels a lot better than the JF.

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK

Yeah spacing is better but a quick glance shows this watch isn’t in the same league as GF. Thickness alone is 15.8mm vs GF with 15mm.

Font is not accurate too. ‘Breitling’ should be bold and the logo used is not the correct ‘B’ used for navitimers.

I’m glad the owner is happy though, that’s the main thing, we’re all just overly obsessive on RWI

:)

Reactions: jjhoffas

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I just received this GF black dial Navi 43mm. Lovely watch really (actually making me think of going gen) but the sunken DW is a pity.

I remember reading somewhere around of a mod to raise it up behind the dial, but I can't seem to find the post.
Can anyone point me to it please ?

Also, as a point of curiosity, would this rep take a gen B01 movement ?

Thank you all.
a00f51c456a6520561344dfdea073b92.jpg
f69f747709eae3c2521abb577de9cf55.jpg
2353f79a5f873e6ed3a0bd58bb6d989a.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Won’t fit a B01, the sub dial spacing on the rep dial is too spread out. Might fit an ETA, that’s what A23322’s used to have. And that date wheel mod is pretty old, haven’t seen that in years. Can’t remember who did it… something about removing parts so the chrono mins no longer work, or doubling the overlay or something, idk.

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
All right thank you for your answer. I guess the sunken DW is something to accept then.

Understood for the B01 movement, sounded too good to be true. A good ol'7753 is the way to go I guess then.

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
So, neon_7mrsullivan Does this with a number of his with good results. It does indeed sacrifice the minute counter. If that doesn’t matter to you, hit him up.., Now, I’ve heard of some elusive mod with the dial feet which “helps” the sunken-ness.. Im still waiting on someone to explain just how that process would actually work though.

Buying a 7753 movement would fix it but then you’re still looking at figuring out the hands and the correct date wheel... so idk.

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Thanx mate, I'll give Neon a PM about it.

It's a very nice rep all around. Sure, subdial spacing, DW font and of course open caseback/movement can't fool anyone, but the DW sunk is the most annoying thing to my eyes so far, as it really looks like something is wrong with the watch, independently of the gen vs rep details.
If something technically affordable can be done about it, it's worth trying.

Reactions: Slanglican

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
It’s a great rep. I liked it so much I bought the gen :)

Gorgeous ! I bought the GF as a test in 43mm, and it really rings the gen bell for me too.
I tried a KOR in 41mm and it felt too small, the World in 46mm felt too big, so to me a Navi has to be 43mm.

asibarak

Looking Around
30/7/20
I also got this model from GF ,
but can't to set the date , its gump when i move the crowen

asibarak

Looking Around
30/7/20

Yes its look like OXF ,
but The logo B look better then GF