• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF's Navitimer 43mm not perfect?

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
My bad... I meant the date wheel on the GF navitimer rep is an eye sore.. It sucks.. don’t understand why the GF chronomat doesn’t have the raised dial/appearance of sunken date wheel, but the navitimer does!!
All they need to do is just make the New 41mm with the 6,9,12 setup... hopefully they will soon!!
A sunken datewheel is a deal killer for me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Adidos

Horology Curious
4/9/20
Germany
I just got mine a week ago and I have to say I love it.
Sure the sunken date wheel is an instant tell but the rest is really good. The bracelet is just perfect ????
Overall I'm really happy with it

Reactions: AJ82 and Slanglican

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Is there a 43mm where all the sub registers don't work but without the sunken date?
I know there is a 41mm with that configuration.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Is there a 43mm where all the sub registers don't work but without the sunken date?
I know there is a 41mm with that configuration.

No there isn’t!
they need to make the new one with the traditional 96, 9, 12 layout.. it’s 41-42mm though and not 43, but it would be an easy rep to have without the a bad datewheel!
I just don’t understand why GF will make 4200 avengers and not have more than one navitimer!

Reactions: elconquistador

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
I love this watch, is my favourite navitimer in terms of build

However, the AR coating always bothered me. It's horrible! I always felt like there was a yellowish fog over the blue and just took away from the blue burst of the dial.

Well, today as I opened the watch up to raise the datwheel my thoughts were confirmed. Take a look at the pic below. Bottom is the crystal that came with the watch and the top is a profscrystal of the same size. As you can see, the yellow is yuck.

So I changed the crystal too whilst I was in there fixing the datewheel.

Final results below. This watch is now so close to gen it's unreal. I've spent a lot of time with the gen as a friend has one and the only difference I can tell now is the thickness (14.5mm vs 15mm)

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Thanks for the great info! How hard is it to raise the date wheel?

I would say intermediate. It's a fiddly mod as you have to make sure you raise the wheel just the right amount so it doesn't scrape against the dial and hence damage the movement.

Reactions: korky7

Swiii

Horology Curious
30/4/20
Can you publish a tutorial or steps of transformation ?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Bravo!! This is exactly what I have been wanting to do to mine, bc as you say i feel like it’s really close to gen. Mine had that distinct space between the ss in Swiss made and the sub dial..
it looks just awesome man!!

tell me, did he just ship you the crystal and how long did it take you to get it?
I’m assuming you have the proper tools to change the crystal..,

thanks!

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Bravo!! This is exactly what I have been wanting to do to mine, bc as you say i feel like it’s really close to gen. Mine had that distinct space between the ss in Swiss made and the sub dial..
it looks just awesome man!!

tell me, did he just ship you the crystal and how long did it take you to get it?
I’m assuming you have the proper tools to change the crystal..,

thanks!

Ironically, this is a profscrystal but not from prof himself. Came with a used watch I bought ages ago where the original owner had it done by prof.

Crystal size is 39.6mm though so exact match / dome etc. Prof actually has a few of my crystals from my A23322 and Navi world with him right now. They are being given the 'prof' treatment. Once you get double AR, there is no going back I should warn you. You'll want the double AR on all of them.

Regarding this GF, fixing the datewheel and installing the crystal has made this the best piece I own. I'm glad I bought this GF in all 3 colours.

Btw, the hate on the 'B' should be removed. It's exactly the same as the gen. Navi 'B' logos are different to premiers, Transoceans etc.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Ironically, this is a profscrystal but not from prof himself. Came with a used watch I bought ages ago where the original owner had it done by prof.

Crystal size is 39.6mm though so exact match / dome etc. Prof actually has a few of my crystals from my A23322 and Navi world with him right now. They are being given the 'prof' treatment. Once you get double AR, there is no going back I should warn you. You'll want the double AR on all of them.

Regarding this GF, fixing the datewheel and installing the crystal has made this the best piece I own. I'm glad I bought this GF in all 3 colours.

Btw, the hate on the 'B' should be removed. It's exactly the same as the gen. Navi 'B' logos are different to premiers, Transoceans etc.

Exactly! That’s what I kept trying to say..
how is the white one? I have the chronomat airborne in white/black and I love it... I was wondering how I’d like the navi in white...
I have the black dial also, but I don’t know... for some reason the sub dial hitting the ss on Swiss made stocks out so much to me..
(and the freaking crown sticks and doesn’t want to wind half the time... ..but take the case back off, blow into the gears by the crown and it goes right back to normal for as many winds until I leave it at rest for a few minutes)

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Exactly! That’s what I kept trying to say..
how is the white one? I have the chronomat airborne in white/black and I love it... I was wondering how I’d like the navi in white...
I have the black dial also, but I don’t know... for some reason the sub dial hitting the ss on Swiss made stocks out so much to me..
(and the freaking crown sticks and doesn’t want to wind half the time... ..but take the case back off, blow into the gears by the crown and it goes right back to normal for as many winds until I leave it at rest for a few minutes)

White is done really well. Doesn’t have that ‘Swiss made’ touching the sub-dial problem. Only the black has that issue.

Problem with the black and white for me is, after seeing the blue with the prof crystal, I know want that same crystal on those 2 as well. Adds new life into the rep.

The crown issue is persistent as I have an issue with my black one where winding it doesn’t get it going, only shaking it does. Ticks along just fine as you wear it but only through hand movement is it getting charged. Super annoying tbh.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
White is done really well. Doesn’t have that ‘Swiss made’ touching the sub-dial problem. Only the black has that issue.

Problem with the black and white for me is, after seeing the blue with the prof crystal, I know want that same crystal on those 2 as well. Adds new life into the rep.

The crown issue is persistent as I have an issue with my black one where winding it doesn’t get it going, only shaking it does. Ticks along just fine as you wear it but only through hand movement is it getting charged. Super annoying tbh.

Yeah after my blue one finally popped and stop winding (You know making the grinding sound and turning that top gear-wheel, it would turn clockwise with the same ticking sound as if you turn it counter clockwise, BUT it was still winding the movement to run, but that too gear-wheel didn’t turn like if the rotor spins and turns it.. it was super weird...
it didn’t act or look like it was winding but was...

My gf premier also did this and finally popped one day during winding and now The GF black dial does it..
ive had really no issues out of any of the true 7750 6,9,12 layouts..

...found this pic and I’ll say it is the ONLY once from scouring the internet that’s even close to the color.. any others that are close turn out to be black dials or the a24322...
pretty sure that one ON the wrist is a black dial too...

An6

18/3/19
Germany
can the dial be replaced with a gen dial?

'Zeit ist das, was man an der Uhr abliest.' Albert Einstein

jjhoffas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/19
Sweden
Im waiting for this one now, sorry about the bad pictures but its from some dhgate seller, I hope it will look as good as I think. He told me it's a new GF navitimer and I really hope so.

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK

jjhoffas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/19
Sweden
No i don't think so, if you look at the slide rule, the marker is nearly attached to the dial. The Oxf has a big gap between dial and markers. The thing is, if the watch is not GF I will claim it to DHGATE.