• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Breitling Chronomat B01, three new colors for choose!

Cliffutenn

Horology Curious
28/9/22
I did the same but in the end TF did not supply the rubber strap and stated that they wouldn’t supply the rubber strap separately. Will be interesting to see if you do get one. As it stands I’m actually really liking the metal strap and I think it’s one of the key design cues of this watch so I’m sticking with it now.
Yea, I am afraid that might happen for me too. I haven't accepted the watch yet until the strap comes. If I end up with the same fate as you I'm tempted to just get the TF version. To my untrained eye I don't see any differences between the two, tbh.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Yea, the AD strap would probably be more than the entire watch from GF.

Doubt it. It's also much better quality and contours the wrist perfectly. I have a few of them and they are extremely comfortable. Most reps straps have the wrong size font if you want the ones with the BREITLING lettering . This one is on my SA

20160116_092746_zpsunonzspx.jpg

Cliffutenn

Horology Curious
28/9/22
Yea, the AD strap would probably be more than the entire watch from GF.
errr...TF i mea
Doubt it. It's also much better quality and contours the wrist perfectly. I have a few of them and they are extremely comfortable. Most reps straps have the wrong size font if you want the ones with the BREITLING lettering . This one is on my SA

20160116_092746_zpsunonzspx.jpg
the strap w/buckle is $540 at Breitling...better off to order the TF to get the black rubber...order an extra metal strap with GF -- franken the TF and sell it used...probably a minimal loss versus buying an extra strap from the AD

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
errr...TF i mea

the strap w/buckle is $540 at Breitling...better off to order the TF to get the black rubber...order an extra metal strap with GF -- franken the TF and sell it used...probably a minimal loss versus buying an extra strap from the AD

You can get a buckle for much less than that if you look around. But if you did buy the one from the AD, it's worth every penny. I don't like wearing junk.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
That's just the strap...need the buckle too -- $420
Indeed, I purchased a high quality metal deployant clasp from Ali Express - almost indistinguishable from the OG. ( 90 USD ). So all up 200 usd for a Gen rubber strap and high quality 1:1 deployant clasp. The rep silicone straps just can’t be compared to the gen rubber strap so it’s a worthwhile outlay.

Reactions: TESLA760

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I had been looking months ago for a gen rubber for my chronomat.
Appreciate the heads up that they are available on the website now.
Definitely will be buying one and throwing on a cheap Ali buckle.

Reactions: Teamjlf

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I had been looking months ago for a gen rubber for my chronomat.
Appreciate the heads up that they are available on the website now.
Definitely will be buying one and throwing on a cheap Ali buckle.
I did the same with my GF Navitimer. Went into the AD and picked up a gen leather strap and put it on a high quality Ali Breitling deployant buckle. Awesome….. the leather strap really is a joy to wear. Luckily most of the Breitling straps are still quite affordable.

Cliffutenn

Horology Curious
28/9/22
Indeed, I purchased a high quality metal deployant clasp from Ali Express - almost indistinguishable from the OG. ( 90 USD ). So all up 200 usd for a Gen rubber strap and high quality 1:1 deployant clasp. The rep silicone straps just can’t be compared to the gen rubber strap so it’s a worthwhile outlay.
thanks...I'll have to do some research on high quality 1:1 deployment clasp; hadn't really been aware of them. if you have a link and wouldn't mind sharing that would be appreciated. I think i'd agree though $200 would be worth it vs. the $100 TF is charging for the replacement

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
thanks...I'll have to do some research on high quality 1:1 deployment clasp; hadn't really been aware of them. if you have a link and wouldn't mind sharing that would be appreciated. I think i'd agree though $200 would be worth it vs. the $100 TF is charging for the replacement
It’s easy, just search on Ali express. There’s heaps of standard junk ones and then there are some very high quality ones as well. Have a browse and you’ll find what you need. The one I purchased is very solid and works perfectly and the logo is nicely executed with no rough moulding and very good detail.

Here is an example only

Breitling lover Tino

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/22
Netherland
Thanks to Steve I really Enjoy doing business With Him he took the time and Whas Never to tired to answer my questions and I asked a lot of questions🤣
After Shipping a Got My watch In 18 Days, and really Happy with it.
A Only have One small problem with the watch And that is the red hand secondmarker of the stopwatch after i reset It does not Go Back To The 12 o'clock position but stops to seconds further.
With the genuine one If You reset The stopwatch The redhand secondmarker goseback clockwise on this replica It Goes counterwise?

Reactions: TESLA760

Breitling lover Tino

24/11/22
Netherland
Thanks to Steve I really Enjoy doing business With Him he took the time and Whas Never to tired to answer my questions and I asked a lot of questions🤣
A Only have One small problem with the watch And that is the red hand secondmarker of the stopwatch after i reset It does not Go Back To The 12 o'clock position but stops to seconds further.
With the genuine one If You reset The stopwatch The redhand secondmarker goseback clockwise on this replica It Goes counterwise

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
With the genuine one If You reset The stopwatch The redhand secondmarker goseback clockwise on this replica It Goes counterwise
The replica uses the A7750 which always resets the main chrono needle counter clockwise.
If yours do not reset to “zero” or back to the 12 marker it means there is an issue with the reset lever. Very common on the Asian 7750 and the number 1 reason you don’t play with the chrono on these reps. Ideally you could have asked for a small video from your TD before it was shipped so you can see the chrono function in action to see if it was “defective” and did not reset properly straight out of the factory.

Once the main chrono hand no longer rests to zero or exactly at the 12 hour marker you are stuck with it like that, there is no adjustment to fix it. Even if you disassembled the watch and manually removed the main chrono hand and reset it to zero, the next time you use the chrono it will “slip” on reset and do the same thing.

I would suggest leaving the chrono well alone and do not use it all going forward and also avoid too much manual winding lest you also end up with a mainspring issue as well and render the whole thing one big paperweight.

Breitling lover Tino

24/11/22
Netherland

The replica uses the A7750 which always resets the main chrono needle counter clockwise.
If yours do not reset to “zero” or back to the 12 marker it means there is an issue with the reset lever. Very common on the Asian 7750 and the number 1 reason you don’t play with the chrono on these reps. Ideally you could have asked for a small video from your TD before it was shipped so you can see the chrono function in action to see if it was “defective” and did not reset properly straight out of the factory.

Once the main chrono hand no longer rests to zero or exactly at the 12 hour marker you are stuck with it like that, there is no adjustment to fix it. Even if you disassembled the watch and manually removed the main chrono hand and reset it to zero, the next time you use the chrono it will “slip” on reset and do the same thing.

I would suggest leaving the chrono well alone and do not use it all going forward and also avoid too much manual winding lest you also end up with a mainspring issue as well and render the whole thing one big paperweight.
Thanks voor de feedback and Yes I will keep it like this with redhand second marker in the 12 Hour position in the stop position from the stopwatch.