• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen vs XF 15202ST

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
You are nuts if you don't think that for a $500 rep what XF has achieved is pretty incredible. Yeah there are some differences that can be improved with mods (modding the hands and fixing the loom I think will do a lot to improve the appearance imo). But as a base rep its damn good.

it is not what i said, please get back and check again...of course it is very good, but once again the appearance is different from the gen one to my eyes...(i listed some of the points).
and once again imo it is not as good as a ppf patek for example in term of details and finsih... that said this doesn't mean that it can't be even close with a good mod...

Last edited:

Jean_Paul_Belmondo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
1/6/17
Is a 2xAR is needed ?

I was thinking the same thing for this model, if 2XAR would be necessary. I don't really like 2xAR on watches but on this one actually would look pretty good and make the dial more vivid.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Like I said in the other thread, the overall quality of this watch is ok. More than OK for what it costs. Of course it has some flaws (like all reps) compared to gen. But in my humble opinion it doesn’t need any mods on it, it’s a very nice watch. One of the best AP RO rep around there.
To reply to few questions I got:
- the lume on the markers is yellowish (different to the hand’s white ones or gen), any modder can fix it (you won’t notice that on wrist at 1mt)
- the hour hand base is wider, any modder can fix it (you won’t notice that on wrist at 1mt)
- the blue dial is different to my gen, I can tell you all gens have different blue hue as they’re all hands refinished. So you will never find 2 identical blue colors on gen, this rep color is fine then
- the endlinks are flush on gen because the watch is “new” I don’t wear it, lol. But they’ll loose for sure like any AP, gen or rep.

jun0221

Horology Curious
7/6/18
I got my 15202 indices relumed and it gives the dial a much more cleaner look.
What still bothers me is not the color of the dial, but the shiny feel of the dial.
I think the sunburst of this dial is too much. Especially visible in indoor lightings.

WatchWork

6/7/19
Is it possible to buy spares with your purchase from TDs? If the screws are low quality it would be very nice to have some in the drawer, just in case.

jun0221

Horology Curious
7/6/18
AUPR22e

https://imgur.com/AUPR22e

A pic of my xf 15202 relumed requested by another user.
I'm not sure how to upload pics so I added a link above.
IMHO relume is a must.

Reactions: trinder_hart

stockwatch

18/10/15
How the gmt compare to gen ? And finish of the bracelet?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

PETROLHE4D

Known Member
21/1/19
Hello
Steel on the gen appears to be brighter, or it’s just the lightning? How is the brushing compared in real life? Same sheen or its a little duller in the rep?
Thanks for the comparison.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

PETROLHE4D

Known Member
21/1/19
Hello
Steel on the gen appears to be brighter, or it’s just the lightning? How is the brushing compared in real life? Same sheen or its a little duller in the rep?
Thanks for the comparison.

Sent from the RWI App

paristoto

I'm Pretty Popular
28/11/12
Like I said in the other thread, the overall quality of this watch is ok. More than OK for what it costs. Of course it has some flaws (like all reps) compared to gen. But in my humble opinion it doesn’t need any mods on it, it’s a very nice watch. One of the best AP RO rep around there.
To reply to few questions I got:
- the lume on the markers is yellowish (different to the hand’s white ones or gen), any modder can fix it (you won’t notice that on wrist at 1mt)
- the hour hand base is wider, any modder can fix it (you won’t notice that on wrist at 1mt)
- the blue dial is different to my gen, I can tell you all gens have different blue hue as they’re all hands refinished. So you will never find 2 identical blue colors on gen, this rep color is fine then
- the endlinks are flush on gen because the watch is “new” I don’t wear it, lol. But they’ll loose for sure like any AP, gen or rep.

I agree 100%. Best rep out of the box for the money.
Actually I'm going to order one now.

trinder_hart

31/3/20
Does anyone know any recommended modders who could fix the Lume issue ?

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Reactions: trinder_hart

kaaz

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
I received the watch yesterday and it is wonderful
ptsA4.jpg
pt4Gj.jpg
ptwp1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Noobguy and Nivka

kaaz

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
I ordered it in early April. I don't know if it's version 2 of the XF15202 model