• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen vs XF 15202ST

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
It is a 85+ rep but still far from a super rep. But it is good enough for me. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from the RWI App

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Looks like the main difference is the caseback, am I right [mention]tinitonsi [/mention] ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Super reps usually come about after a long history of constant iterations and cycles and versions. This is a one-off of a relatively rare watch that isn't quite as popular (which I personally doubt will get too many new versions if at all). Either that or they are paneri which are mostly redundant with one another and allow for another variation of constant iteration.

Lizandro

16/4/19
San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
Probably one day when the hype blows over they won’t be able to give them away if you 80k for a white nautilus you’re be feeling pretty stupid

Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Probably one day when the hype blows over they won’t be able to give them away if you 80k for a white nautilus you’re be feeling pretty stupid

Just saying

you know what's the last thing i think of EVERY SINGLE NIGHT when I go to bed ? My kids and that F day in 2008 i walked into PP boutique and I could buy a Nautilus for 25K and I didnt because 1. I thought it was hella lot of money 2. I didnt have it anyway

If i could travel back in time i'd get a fucking loan to buy it even at 35K !! To make such profit today

Will it blow up ? most likely..but again i can't predict the future nor can you

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Thanks for the comparison, looks like XF did a great job capturing the overall look!

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
I Agree with the above, got to spend time with both GEN and XF recently and the details that struck me the most beside all the "flaws" discussed here is how the gen bracelet is & feels quite different : a bit thicker (with more beveling), feels smoother and heavier.
The dial behaves quite differently too, even though the hue is quite well matched, the way it reflects the lights is not as intense/profound. I was also amazed by how crisp the gen printing was, XF is definitely well printed but it's not as sharp and really stands out to my naked eye. Screws placement / lume / hand pinion on xf is off but that's something we've been talking for weeks now :)

That being said, i'm enjoying it quite much given how close it is for a 500$ rep. The flaws mentioned here can (for the most part) be corrected if they bug you to a certain degree. The real pain to me is the bracelet and bezel screw which require some frankening, but again, nothing impossible :)

Oh interesting question. Have you tried on a JF? Between the JF and the XF which bracelet is better? Or more importantly which bracelet would be better to mod/polish to be more like the gen?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
you know what's the last thing i think of EVERY SINGLE NIGHT when I go to bed ? My kids and that F day in 2008 i walked into PP boutique and I could buy a Nautilus for 25K and I didnt because 1. I thought it was hella lot of money 2. I didnt have it anyway

If i could travel back in time i'd get a fucking loan to buy it even at 35K !! To make such profit today

Will it blow up ? most likely..but again i can't predict the future nor can you

And I often think, every night before I sleep, how thankful I am that I did buy 2x 5711 at retail before the boom.
L, I can sell you one if you really want one. :hehehe:

Thank you tinitonsi for the gen vs rep comparison. :)

zoiks

Known Member
14/2/13
you can easily tell which is rep or gen.. although it will be a different story without it side by side

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
And I often think, every night before I sleep, how thankful I am that I did buy 2x 5711 at retail before the boom.
L, I can sell you one if you really want one. :hehehe:

Thank you tinitonsi for the gen vs rep comparison. :)

I'll take one off your hands for retail brother. Just need @BEAniev to check for correct logos ..

On a side note, did BEAniev change his name to RWI OIC?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'll take one off your hands for retail brother. Just need @BEAniev to check for correct logos ..

Beaniev helped me check the logos on my 5711 and he commented that the AP logo was missing and kicked up a fuss... in the Patek boutique. He then walked across to the AP boutique and demanded they sell him the correct 5711.

I think the resulting awkwardness that ensued was why he changed his member name here lol.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton

Hey yo brother =) You need my expertise on the AP logo? Nyahahaha!

Beaniev helped me check the logos on my 5711 and he commented that the AP logo was missing and kicked up a fuss... in the Patek boutique. He then walked across to the AP boutique and demanded they sell him the correct 5711.

I think the resulting awkwardness that ensued was why he changed his member name here lol.

Oh c'mon AL, be kind to animals like me :p:p:p don't remind people of that story hahaha.

I changed my name because I just want to look cool, I honestly ask Glaude to make it as a Trainee Admin but it's not possible hahaha.

Besides my old Username is my Sister's name hahaha :bug::bug::bug:

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey yo brother =) You need my expertise on the AP logo? Nyahahaha!

Oh c'mon AL, be kind to animals like me :p:p:p don't remind people of that story hahaha.

I changed my name because I just want to look cool, I honestly ask Glaude to make it as a Trainee Admin but it's not possible hahaha.

Besides my old Username is my Sister's name hahaha :bug::bug::bug:

You know we love you brother. But jibing for a minor mistake in RWI lasts approximately 2-3 years lol.
Welcome back!

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Then 2 more years for me........ I will always cherish your bullying moments :nana: hahahaha

I will never bully you nor am I in the position to do so. More importantly I regard you as a friend and someone who has a liberal dose of humor built into him.
Please let me know if you ever feel resentful bro. I won’t promise to stop immediately but we will do a “tapering off” process where you get ragged less and less haha

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Thank you tinitonsi for this valuable post, it’s good to hear from you and nice to know that your XF gets even more wear than your AP. This is kind of a prime function of reps.

RWI has definitely had a tradition of not suffering fools. People should consider it an honor to be hazed by this crowd.

Reactions: vcappp and XLR8R

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
I will never bully you nor am I in the position to do so. More importantly I regard you as a friend and someone who has a liberal dose of humor built into him.
Please let me know if you ever feel resentful bro. I won’t promise to stop immediately but we will do a “tapering off” process where you get ragged less and less haha

Don't stop, be the Christian Grey of my life haha lol