• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen vs XF 15202ST

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
the people who are saying that yellow markers on the lume not being an obvious tell, have clearly spent very little time with gen AP Royal Oaks. The lume on gen royal oaks is so white that it looks basically like white gold and you can’t even tell there is lume. Yes, your yellow markers and lume is the #1 tell because it is the one thing that makes the overall watch look less luxurious. Everyone here is obsessing over the pinion size, that’s nowhere as noticeable as the yellow markers. Here’s a photo of my gen 15400 I’m wearing right now....if you’re around people who know AP and you’re with a royal oak and yellow markers, yea, you’re getting called out.

also this discussion isn’t about lume at night. The lime on gen doesn’t even last more than 10 seconds at night. But it’s not about that. It’s about how the lume when not lit up makes the hands and marker look during the day

ZOdLW5.jpg
[/url

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
the people who are saying that yellow markers on the lume not being an obvious tell, have clearly spent very little time with gen AP Royal Oaks. The lume on gen royal oaks is so white that it looks basically like white gold and you can’t even tell there is lume. Yes, your yellow markers and lume is the #1 tell because it is the one thing that makes the overall watch look less luxurious. Everyone here is obsessing over the pinion size, that’s nowhere as noticeable as the yellow markers. Here’s a photo of my gen 15400 I’m wearing right now....if you’re around people who know AP and you’re with a royal oak and yellow markers, yea, you’re getting called out.

also this discussion isn’t about lume at night. The lime on gen doesn’t even last more than 10 seconds at night. But it’s not about that. It’s about how the lume when not lit up makes the hands and marker look during the day

https://clickpix.org/image/ZOdeQF][/url

Agree with you regarding what you said about royal oak lume.
This is obvious especially when to the offshore lume pictured below (both mine and both gen too)

c09ecdf646252f392d0da0c64ebe66c2.jpg

The offshore lume is the greenish/yellow by comparison and therein lies the beauty and refined nature of the Royal Oak lume. I agree.

However, members here are at liberty to decide for themselves what irks them (and what doesnt). For some it’s the lume, for others, the hand base, and bracelet gaps etc. As long as each member is happy with his watch, it’s good to go. Having stark white lume on the rep won’t make it gen either, and neither will modding it to the extreme. As long as the owner is comfortable with how his watch looks, it is a good watch for him. Gen AP ownership has very little to do with the hobby other than providing eye candy and a reference for how close the rep looks. It is however up to each individual to interpret the differences for themselves. I think I’m a little qualified to make the statements I do, I own over 15 gen APs at this moment and have owned more than 30 models in total (though I am trying to cut down the collection to 6 or so tops) so I do know a little of what AP is about. My point is that owning a gen or 20 should not let one dictate what’s acceptable or not for others. Your pictorial reference is useful I agree but let others make their own decision on what works for them. Everyone sees the watch differently and can decide what they prefer in their watches. There is nothing wrong if someone can live with the green/yellow lume and be irked by the hand base. It’s his watch. Either way it will be a rep and it won’t be perfect like the gen. I’m sure that if he likes the watch enough he will eventually mod everything that he can to ensure that the watch is as good as it can be as a rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joey6666

Horology Curious
2/5/14
Oh why does the stainless steel used on the rep look so dull in color?
The lume on the rep seemed far too green.
And the blue shade of the dial is not brightening enough.

But the shape and thickness of the case are near perfect.
The text printed on the dial are indentical.

I would say this is a great Rep if you have never seen this photo comparison,
but overall this is still a nicely made Rep.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Between a brand new gen steel and brand new rep case there exist some small difference in color and finish.

Between two average used gen and rep you will not be able to tell the difference in the surface color and finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
The man is a legend! Well said and said so often.

A happy watch owner wears what they like on their wrist; the rest wear what they think the others like. This is true whether your watch is a gen or rep.

Reactions: TOP KING and Dan71

kaaz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
Sales not allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: legend

kaaz

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
Sales not allowed

kaaz

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
sales not allowed

kaaz

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
sales not allowed

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Are there any interested in this watch?
I will separate and I would like to find a new buyer

Please don’t post this in the AP section. Start a sales thread and keep all the sales related discussion there thanks.

kaaz

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
Please don’t post this in the AP section. Start a sales thread and keep all the sales related discussion there thanks.

ok, i don't know the blog yet. Sorry :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
ok, i don't know the blog yet. Sorry :)

No problem please take time to navigate your way around here. All sales related matters should be posted in the sale section. For discussions on the brands and watches they can be posted in the respective brand sections.

kaaz

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
I cannot / I cannot find the deletion of my post

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I cannot / I cannot find the deletion of my post

Its ok I fixed them for you. Please do not post any more sale in this section, thank you. You need 25 posts to access the sale section so be patient. Contribute meaningfully and don't spam to reach the required post count. Your post count will be reset in that case. Thanks.

kaaz

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/3/20
Its ok I fixed them for you. Please do not post any more sale in this section, thank you. You need 25 posts to access the sale section so be patient. Contribute meaningfully and don't spam to reach the required post count. Your post count will be reset in that case. Thanks.

ok :)

och

Known Member
19/4/22
Do they have a newer revision rep that looks more like a gen?
The color seems a bit off for this one

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Thank you for the comparison

And congratulations for your gen, thats a special AP
Wear it in good health my friend

Reactions: tinitonsi

GJU

4/7/22
Thanks OP for the info and pictures. This discussion helps me in my quest. (For reference)