• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Really? Who can i Ask? I dont know ant TD who can get this under 4K
It's a BBR in a different case, why don't you just get a BBR for $500? We've seen NTPT ones are on the way soon and it's completely insane to pay some rando anything above BBR market price for some supposed custom work that's probably just a domestic market Chinese rep that hasn't been released out of country yet. If it exists it'll be available from TDs, and everything [repeat EVERYTHING] that is on insta is a scam preying on people who don't know anything about reps, factories, or how the market works.

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
That’s not big news, just another ig seller trying to rip people off. If you ask a TD they can get these watches and they are a bit less than 1k. Just ask for new movement w spinning balance wheel and show the photos.
What TD to Ask? I dont know anyone can fix a watch like that for 1k ? Lowest asking Price rn for a ABD is 2,5 k and up.

Lol If all TD’s would fix watches like that, this whole group would have them.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
What TD to Ask? I dont know anyone can fix a watch like that for 1k ? Lowest asking Price rn for a ABD is 2,5 k and up.

Lol If all TD’s would fix watches like that, this whole group would have them.
I have no idea what you're talking about with "fixing" watches.

What I can tell you is that literally every single one of these is a BBR, maybe in a new case here and there, and worth maximum $600. EVERYONE quoting higher prices is scamming you, and odds are all these will just be released like every other rep.

Remember when people were trying to flip early BBRs before they were released worldwide for like $20k? People were quoting $10k for the movement alone, and then all of a sudden it shows up in a $500 watch. It was scammy bullshit then and it's scammy bullshit now that preys on people with more money than sense and knowledge.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
They are asking 6k for the ABD while you can get one from much much much more fucking cheaper by directly him? WTF

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I believe this should be in TD market soon no more than 600-700 usd

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Market outside TD is grey so price can be pretty much anything : ) 1k 5K 20K : )

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
The thing is, all RM’s TD’s have suck. Either the screw, case, movement. Cheap sapphire glass.

Look at that ABD RM. When will stuff like this come to the TD?
I havent seen one «full pack» version yet.
Except now at these overpriced instagram dealers or modifiers .

RM fans gonna wait summer after summer for these perfect clones to cheap price.

To be honest, I’m not very impressed with BBr either. Red big stones on the wheel . Bad case. And now the new 055 in carbon with front glass that will blind you’re eyes. It’s worse than the v1 . Game changer with the movement no doubt. I love that. Put that in the ZF and do some mods with movement and I would be happy. So 500$ to buy the movement. 6-700$ for the zf v4. Then pay a watchmaker to do the job. That’s money right there.

Reactions: christo14

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
The thing is, all RM’s TD’s have suck. Either the screw, case, movement. Cheap sapphire glass.

Look at that ABD RM. When will stuff like this come to the TD?
I havent seen one «full pack» version yet.
Except now at these overpriced instagram dealers or modifiers .

RM fans gonna wait summer after summer for these perfect clones to cheap price.

To be honest, I’m not very impressed with BBr either. Red big stones on the wheel . Bad case. And now the new 055 in carbon with front glass that will blind you’re eyes. It’s worse than the v1 . Game changer with the movement no doubt. I love that. Put that in the ZF and do some mods with movement and I would be happy. So 500$ to buy the movement. 6-700$ for the zf v4. Then pay a watchmaker to do the job. That’s money right there.
The reps the TDs have are literally the reps that exist. You're not going to magically pay your way to some perfect RM clone by throwing money at random Chinese sellers who are all talk, unless you have serious factory connections and are willing to finance an entire line of watches like some dudes I know. Everything else is basically a giant ripoff, even ABD, and we've seen that the BBR movements look like shit in a ZF case so I'm not sure what's so special about that either.

Reactions: NickNickNickk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Sorry this is clearly in the wrong section but u can't seem to edit my post anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
The reps the TDs have are literally the reps that exist. You're not going to magically pay your way to some perfect RM clone by throwing money at random Chinese sellers who are all talk, unless you have serious factory connections and are willing to finance an entire line of watches like some dudes I know. Everything else is basically a giant ripoff, even ABD, and we've seen that the BBR movements look like shit in a ZF case so I'm not sure what's so special about that either.
The rep looks perfect. Best ive seen so far.
Its major flaws on The mass produced RM’s on td’s.
I want a rep so good no one can bust it.

And like i said. Im not gonna Get fooled by these IG dealers. But If someone is able to modify for me to Get a rep like these. I will pay the price.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
The rep looks perfect. Best ive seen so far.
Its major flaws on The mass produced RM’s on td’s.
I want a rep so good no one can bust it.

And like i said. Im not gonna Get fooled by these IG dealers. But If someone is able to modify for me to Get a rep like these. I will pay the price.
Without knowing what rep you’re referring to, I can already tell you that no RM rep will be “perfect” or “so good no one can bust it” in the near future. No, not even ultra high end custom pieces from non-TDs and modders you find on Instagram or WeChat. Even those who get their hands on genuine Vaucher calibers cannot achieve the level of finishing or exact internal architecture of the RMAL1 and similar movements (not even gonna mention the tourbillon reps)

If you want something close to perfection, this isn’t the section for you, and I don’t think it’ll be for quite awhile… there are guys on here who’ve been waiting over half a decade and who are delighted with the progress BBR has made.

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
We all want a rep so good no one can bust it, but the reality is we've been waiting for it for years, and it's not going to happen overnight but in a series of slow and steady steps. I've been collecting RM reps since the first KVFs years ago and the steps we've seen in the last couple years are absolutely amazing. We're in a golden age for RM reps and it's exciting to see what factories will make in the future, but there's no sense holding out for some mythical perfect rep. You should try a BBR, it's awesome when it's on your wrist and not on a screen with a bunch of nerds commenting about minute flaws. The journey is the fun part.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
hmm we completely forgot about these RM 11s, if they can manage to get the case a bit thinner and replace that rotor that would be perfect

Reactions: Da9b

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
hmm we completely forgot about these RM 11s, if they can manage to get the case a bit thinner and replace that rotor that would be perfect
Until there's a better option than a 7750 the RM11 has plateaued as far as I'm concerned. The thickness is an issue, but the reliability and inability to find anyone willing to service them is a much bigger one. There's a big space in the market for a reliable or serviceable RM11, even if it was a mecaquartz, but nothing that exists off the shelf will work without extensive customizing. I'd love to see a new iteration on the RM11 that wasn't just another variant or color but I don't know what they'd do cause thinning it out a bit is kinda meh to me.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Until there's a better option than a 7750 the RM11 has plateaued as far as I'm concerned. The thickness is an issue, but the reliability and inability to find anyone willing to service them is a much bigger one. There's a big space in the market for a reliable or serviceable RM11, even if it was a mecaquartz, but nothing that exists off the shelf will work without extensive customizing. I'd love to see a new iteration on the RM11 that wasn't just another variant or color but I don't know what they'd do cause thinning it out a bit is kinda meh to me.
ABD and other modders do provide gen-spec cases and are able to mod the decorated KVF 7750 movement to fit, along with an upgraded sapphire dial plate and sureounding minute track, but the issue of a fixed month indicator remains. I must say that those I’ve seen are very close to gen when viewed on wrist, but I’m the kind of guy who’d open the watch up and manually flip over the indicator wheel on the 1st of every month and probably destroy the movement, so I think it’s a pass for me haha. Attached below are some pics of the modded parts and watches.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Not an endorsement of ABD btw. I’ve never dealt with them but people I knows have experienced delay after delay with him going MIA for weeks at times, with the customer having paid 10k+ USD in advance. Not saying he’s a scammer either, but please remember you’re dealing with non-TDs when you contact these modders on WeChat/Instagram so do your due diligence, ask more experienced members for advice before going ahead, and trust your gut if you smell a rat.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Not an endorsement of ABD btw. I’ve never dealt with them but people I knows have experienced delay after delay with him going MIA for weeks at times, with the customer having paid 10k+ USD in advance. Not saying he’s a scammer either, but please remember you’re dealing with non-TDs when you contact these modders on WeChat/Instagram so do your due diligence, ask more experienced members for advice before going ahead, and trust your gut if you smell a rat.
ABD is a joke, all his "mods" are bullshit, including those RM11s upthread. All these sellers exist to take money from people who think that they can just magically spend more money for something "better" when all of these are stock parts, MAYBE one or two custom pieces, but still running the same timebomb movement. It preys on people with more money than sense and out of all the experiences listed with ABD across every forum I'm in, I know two people who actually have their watches (and are disappointed) when literally everyone else has just been straight stolen from.