• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
It’s not a good idea to send +100k on a gen aswell, for something used to cost less then a half they ask today, which some of the forum member can afford but they still go for a rep

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
You're right, when you say they cost the half of what they ask... For some brands, it is the tenth 🙂

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
The reps the TDs have are literally the reps that exist. You're not going to magically pay your way to some perfect RM clone by throwing money at random Chinese sellers who are all talk, unless you have serious factory connections and are willing to finance an entire line of watches like some dudes I know. Everything else is basically a giant ripoff, even ABD, and we've seen that the BBR movements look like shit in a ZF case so I'm not sure what's so special about that either.

Sorry mate, I must have missed it somewhere, but I havent seen a BBR movement in a ZF case, would you mind posting a pic or pointing me in the right direction?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Sorry mate, I must have missed it somewhere, but I havent seen a BBR movement in a ZF case, would you mind posting a pic or pointing me in the right direction?
There are pics in this thread and in the dedicated BBR thread, look a few pages back here and there and you'll find them. You can tell because the ZF case is slimmer and the markers on the movement at 2:00 and 4:00 are totally covered by the rehaut. The movement is also too big for the ZF crystal so it looks much larger than it's supposed to. Once you've seen a few pics it jumps out at you.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Oh, right, I saw those, but somehow my head was elsewhere, didnt connect the dots, see what you mean now. Thanks bro.

Reactions: GiantSquid

REALDonJuan

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
12/7/17
Checking back in after seeing the new NTPT TD stocks, what's difference between BBR and RMF? Which one is better, they seem to have same movement? Different factory? I notice there is a small difference in the clear gem on the spinning wheel.

Prizon

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
According to ABD , they are not using a modified BBR. They are charging 2,5k for custom NTPT case and their “custom movement “

Reactions: NickNickNickk

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
ABD still has the pink jewel issue. Has anyone ever seen a customer post a finished ABD product? I have only read negative things about the company (not shipping products, delays).

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Still clearly has one functioning mainspring unlike the gen which has 2, which I would expect it to rep at the very least for the money they're asking...

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
What I find myself wondering is how it screws into the case given that the only screw points are at 2:00 and 4:00; the "feet" on the bridges at left are supposed to be part of the midcase in gen, and if they're part of the bridges here it looks like it's only screwed in on the right by the crown, which can't be great for longevity. It's a really confusing decision given my knowledge of how the cases fit together.