• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Guys, am I missing something here or is the Miyota balance wheel on the wrong side of the movement. It needs to be lower right from the front to echo the RM movement. From the pics above when looking at the front of the Miyota movement, it appears lower left.

As long as the gear centers are at the proper distance, it really doesn't matter in which orientation they're arranged. Instead of having the wheel train descend from the center pinion on the right side (from the front) with the pallet fork pointing left, they've mirrored it with the same distance between centers so that it descends on the left with the pallet fork pointing right. It interfaces with the center stack on the other side, but everything still turns the same direction and works. From what I can tell they only took the guts and tossed all the bridge plates so they could rearrange the hardpoints at will knowing it'd work as long as the center spacing on the wheels is correct.

There's an L-shaped set of jeweled bearings on the Miyota to the right of the balance; that same spacing is on the "clone" except it's flipped R to L in order to move the balance to the other side, which is why that escape wheel is so low compared to gen.

Reactions: Corvax

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Is it just me or does it feel like we should just get a Swiss movement homage technical sports watch for the price they are potentially going to be asking. Like an Aventi skull but mixed like the Hofa watches.

Like my Agelocer some days to escape the replica chase, but want the RM look. And a pinch of the cartier santos clasp. Funny story, i got a gen santos medium because wanted escape from all of my other watch taste changes as i find my new taste. Also got a stunt double rep. The rep ended up being so good, i sold my gen santos and kept the rep.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Like my Agelocer some days to escape the replica chase, but want the RM look. And a pinch of the cartier santos clasp. Funny story, i got a gen santos medium because wanted escape from all of my other watch taste changes as i find my new taste. Also got a stunt double rep. The rep ended up being so good, i sold my gen santos and kept the rep.

It’s funny you mention it as I got the Hofa watch and it really does semi tame that RM itch though I still want one.

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
I have two Haofas and I am really impressed with the quality. Overall just feels like a really well made watch.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Awesome, I was checking out haofa. How do you like it?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Pretty good. It seems the RM homage watches have stepped up in bigger ways that the reps. They look and feel great on. I love that the carbon glows in the dark. Bonest Gatti I saw also has one for sale now. Though theirs says made in Germany and the Hofa is China. I’m tempted to go for another Hofa over the Gatti so I can have the Tourbillion Red Skull and it feels like both of them use the same suppliers.

The only downside seems to be lack of straps material as well as rubber color options. They only have rubber ones and it’s limited to white, black, red, yellow, light blue, orange and green. I wanted a purple velcro but no such thing exist currently for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Wow i've never heard of this brand but they have some real beauties

They are relatively new to the scene. It’s nice to be able to buy without worrying the accuracy or who built it to what standard. If your thinking you want a RM piece but don’t mind that it doesn’t say RM it’s a good buy. Plus if the new movement ends up being expensive this is a great alternative.

Reactions: seanizcool

Jpow69

Horology Curious
8/2/22
e5cd80b1a4637185f8c514a20ceefce5.jpg

Someone got input on this? Just got this pic from a source and says the 35-01 is complete. It looks like a gen to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eseips

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa

Someone got input on this? Just got this pic from a source and says the 35-01 is complete. It looks like a gen to me.

Looks quite gen to me. See through balance. Looks like a real keyless works. Also main spring has dual layer.

Is this supposed to be a rep? It just looks gen

Or is this one those take a gen picture but send you some corny rep that isn't anywhere near the same quality? Because it is too good.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NickNickNickk

4/6/21

I know ABD made a 35.01 thats looks pretty much like a gen. But in this picture i cant say for sure. Even without the balance wheel, i would have got this

Eseips

5/4/16
So ABD made it? Man I require updates on this so badly, the 35 is the one for me

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Free sprung balance, it's genuine, and they'll most likely replicate the -02 automatic instead.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Also serial number on the balance is greyed out (that's the thing in between the hands, it's flat, completely uniform in colour, and isn't on the same plane as anything else; most likely a digital brush from Paint or something) which I've only seen on gen pics. Dollars to pesos this is a stolen pic used to misrepresent, like usual.

Jnooth

Horology Curious
19/4/20
I was quoted $10,700 for the RM55 saying it’s a fully custom movement.

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
Im not gonna give someone 110k $ for a watch with a home made movement and is a dead giveaway If u know the brand..