• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Looks like there's something wrong with the proportions of the replica movement.
On the original, the two right mounting screws aren't partially hidden under the bezel.
I had thought it's just that the case is too narrow, but the cannon pinion is centered, so looks like the designer chose to make the right side of the movement wider for some reason.

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Looks like there's something wrong with the proportions of the replica movement.
On the original, the two right mounting screws aren't partially hidden under the bezel.
I had thought it's just that the case is too narrow, but the cannon pinion is centered, so looks like the designer chose to make the right side of the movement wider for some reason.

Bet you they're hiding the real keyless works over there behind that deco bridge. I had noticed something was off with the movement, but couldn't tell what and you're 100% right that the screws shouldn't be hidden under the rehaut like that at all. Probably looked at these images over a hundred times and never noticed!

I still think this "clone" is more like someone took an existing watch movement, took the wheels out, and machined bridges to hold them that look kinda like the RMUL movement. The proportions are kinda janky because they've still got to work around a few key dimensions from whatever movement they stole the wheels from.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Who is actually behind the manufacture of this clone?
a few things don’t add up especially the price tag

Last edited:

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
1c5dc1e58b33db452134267219e0e8fc.jpg

f09c828377d84fdb33400efc195366ce.jpg

ae95b04748013a909d707838d2261cab.jpg

6915e86edee41363fa6328d942d5222a.jpg

0be52fc1be60ea94df444e7ae017fa28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
8000usd.. Jesus!! you’d want to be able to get spare parts for this and have functional serviceability, otherwise this is an expensive waste of time.
Hopefully we can get clarity on what parts are used in the manufacture and materials. I’d say it’s a must know for that price.

Reactions: ywg

ywg

3/7/17
8000usd.. Jesus!! you’d want to be able to get spare parts for this and have functional serviceability, otherwise this is an expensive waste of time.
Hopefully we can get clarity on what parts are used in the manufacture and materials. I’d say it’s a must know for that price.

Agreed 100%.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Maybe I missed something and I excuse me if I have but Is there a reason why the website or source of info on This movement isn’t being made public on this forum?. There seems to be snippets of info added here but nothing we can check and validate for ourselves.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

If they are using existing ( then decorated) movement parts it’s likely the spacing of some gear centres in relation to diameter could have created the need for the size of the movement plate / mounts to be moved out slightly In order to accommodate them. This could be an indication that not every movement part has been made from scratch otherwise this would have been factored into the overall size. Either way something size wise isn’t gen spec.

Last edited:

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
My mind is on that master dragon titanium… 8k for a watch movement that is clearly a replica is toooo much. 8k for that masterdragon rep i would understand..

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
So guys, I have some thoughts that I want to share and discuss here.
I am 99% sure that the rep movement is based on a modified miyota M8N33W caliber.
I was prompted by the identical parts of the mechanisms and their dimensions / proportions.

Here's what I noticed:
- identical in size and color balance wheel
- same size jewels
- the same escape wheel

as well as a few more very similar gears in color, size and number of teeth.

This version is also supported by the fact that factories like to use miyota calibers - they are available, inexpensive and quite reliable. Of course, if this is really a modified miyota, there can be no question of any hundreds and thousands of dollars in cost. imho )
ju1LWP.png

Last edited:

Timrm

24/4/18
Im disappointed if that’s the only version we get. But anyways a big step into the right direction

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Reactions: Mercedesslr

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Good points GiantSquid and Corvax.
Someone already mentioned the movement is a skeletonized Vaucher.
Buy in bulk at $1K per, use the guts and sell for 50% more, I'd buy one.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Corvax brilliant post! I'm pretty sure you're right and I'm definitely sure that this is the construction method used: tear apart an off-the-shelf movement, mirror the wheel hardpoints R to L, and stick the whole thing in a new set of bridges that look like the RMUL. My only question is what are they doing with that keyless jumper at 5:00? It's the only part I can't find a place for and although I'm not familiar with this particular movement I would assume it's a necessary part of the keyless. Other than that one piece there's a serious correlation between those two movements. Good looking out!

Reactions: Corvax

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Is it just me or does it feel like we should just get a Swiss movement homage technical sports watch for the price they are potentially going to be asking. Like an Aventi skull but mixed like the Hofa watches.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Guys, am I missing something here or is the Miyota balance wheel on the wrong side of the movement. It needs to be lower right from the front to echo the RM movement. From the pics above when looking at the front of the Miyota movement, it appears lower left.