• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer I -124270 Gen & Clean Comprehensive Comparison

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I ordered yesterday and got QC today but guess it depends if your TD has stock in hand or not

Reactions: FaintOrGloch

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
Anyone bought one yet?
yes! getting my QC pics today! :)

QC has been appearing all around, some people have recieved it already
where do they poped up for example?

I contacted my usual TD and he said there’s a 1-3 month lead time. Anyone else has that? Can’t be the case if people have QC pics already.
Ordered via Sead and had to wait almost 3 weeks (for QC). Thought it would be a little faster. But compared to 1-3 month it was faaast!

I ordered yesterday and got QC today but guess it depends if your TD has stock in hand or not
That's super fast! I'm curious, which TD is it?

rickyman94

Known Member
21/10/17
Mine just shipped out, should be here in a few days! Super excited for this one

Reaps

-
25/9/22
To conclude :
  1. It is small. It feels and wears much smaller than the Datejust 36, because of the narrower bracelet.
  2. The VR3230 winds smoothly and has no rotor noise.
  3. I don't think a deep crystal is necessary, the crystal is solid, Clean has gotten better.
  4. Bracelet feels much better than BP, it's great.
  5. Clasp is solid.
  6. Lume is like solid 6/10, it's not like a sub but it'll glow blue. But don't come in expecting amazing lume, the indices are small after all.
  7. Printing is great on the dial.
  8. Crown issue is not even noticeable on wrist. The thing is so small that you cannot tell the crown is off unless you have a loupe.
Overall, if you're on the fence. Get it. It's great. No need for V2. Great 36mm by Clean, fantastic stuff.

Let me know if you want any more pictures. I'll take some in sunlight tomorrow.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
To conclude :
  1. It is small. It feels and wears much smaller than the Datejust 36, because of the narrower bracelet.
  2. The VR3230 winds smoothly and has no rotor noise.
  3. I don't think a deep crystal is necessary, the crystal is solid, Clean has gotten better.
  4. Bracelet feels much better than BP, it's great.
  5. Clasp is solid.
  6. Lume is like solid 6/10, it's not like a sub but it'll glow blue. But don't come in expecting amazing lume, the indices are small after all.
  7. Printing is great on the dial.
  8. Crown issue is not even noticeable on wrist. The thing is so small that you cannot tell the crown is off unless you have a loupe.
Overall, if you're on the fence. Get it. It's great. No need for V2. Great 36mm by Clean, fantastic stuff.

Let me know if you want any more pictures. I'll take some in sunlight tomorrow.
This is awesome - Thanks for posting this information!

Reactions: Reaps

Relent

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/23

It wears small, it feels smaller than my Datejust 36. I was correct that my dial was shifted left. But otherwise it's solid.
Looks great.I see you have the 36 and 39 mm. For reference, what is your wrist size? I went with the 39 mm (7 1/8 wrist)

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Looks great.I see you have the 36 and 39 mm. For reference, what is your wrist size? I went with the 39 mm (7 1/8 wrist)
The 39 is BP.

My wrist is 6.25in with a 51mm lug span. The camera distorts pretty badly.

I think if you like classical sized watches this is fantastic. It wears similar to a 34mm tbh. But if you don't like small watches and prefer the modern aesthetic, the 39mm is absolutely the correct choice.

But I suspect most people will prefer the 39mm, it's more contemporary.

Relent

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/23
The 39 is BP.

My wrist is 6.25in with a 51mm lug span. The camera distorts pretty badly.

I think if you like classical sized watches this is fantastic. It wears similar to a 34mm tbh. But if you don't like small watches and prefer the modern aesthetic, the 39mm is absolutely the correct choice.

But I suspect most people will prefer the 39mm, it's more contemporary.
Thanks. That’s what I was hoping to hear…
It’s crazy because on your wrist the 36 mm looks like it’s proportioned perfectly but you’re right, those close-up pictures play tricks on your mind. I have no idea why the Exp model bracelet doesn’t gradually taper drop the case, which imo would have more of a seamless elegance. I have watched comparison videos of the 36 mm to the 39 mm ad nauseam.