• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DOXA diver dials ... is it a virus or just an obsession ?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Looks great! The Seestern crown logo gets removed pretty easily. There's also "Doxa" bracelets on ebay that you can poach a clasp off of.

I'm still awaiting news on the casebacks. LOL

Oh yeah, bring on those Doxa engraved casebacks M :D

I'm still postponing the order of sterile casebacks as I don't have enough time to work on that project BUT I'll definitely do it ... just some more waiting time ...

Reactions: aus_wolfie

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
A couple of modified Seestern 600Ts. If they go for more accurate hands in the next generation I might go for manodeoro dials. What do you think?

z5fZtk.jpg

Same here. I would have already ordered a blue one if they had the correct hands. And I hope manodeoro is interested in making dials for them, I would definately order one.

Later this year I'll order one from Steeldive and try to print a good 600T dial ... if I achieve to do that I'll start searching for a more accurate handset
I'm also talking with Coco to see if they would make a V3 with an improved handset ...

Reactions: sebman

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hi my Northern friend ;) long time no see indeed ...
I've spent a week in Oslo last May but I was too much busy babysitting my grandkids ... my son was in France and my daughter in law was in Canada
I promise to let you know next time I'll be there ...

I've never made GS dials and I really don't think I'll ever do ... but "never say never" so maybe some day ...

BTW ... I'm working on a fun project I call "Norlex" ... the idea is to slim a 20 Kroner coin (27,5mm diameter) down to 0.5mm, add dial feet on the back and put it in a 5500 case ... maybe I'll use a sterile crown that I'll engrave with an "N" or maybe keep the crown ... the caseback would be engraved as a "standard" 5500 but with "NORLEX" in place of "ROLEX" :LOL:
"NORLEX" LOL

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20

I'm still postponing the order of sterile casebacks as I don't have enough time to work on that project BUT I'll definitely do it ... just some more waiting time ...
No problem, and no hurry. I'll be around, keeping an eye out until you're ready. Thanks!

Reactions: Wark and aus_wolfie

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
manodeoro is working on a Seahunter dial for me at the moment! Cant wait for that! A NUMA one would be awesome also! :D

9bafc446deb743ec7918d5fb9aa57749.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harder part of the challenge has been to source HD pics of a gen Seahunter ...
I really considered giving up but some days ago I found one so ... dial should be printed soon ...

zOGPVY.jpg

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I have just purchased a Seestern V3, which I am very happy with but I would love
to put a Doxa NUMA edition inspired dial on it. Any recommendations? I would like one in orange and another in the Aqua blue.

Both colours should look nice IMO and finding a NUMA logo to use as a template is easy ...
So the only question is if you want a complte ustom design "inspired by the NUMA edition" or a NUMA 1200T dial ...

zOS94Q.jpg

Reactions: Wark

Wark

Horology Curious
14/12/21
Harder part of the challenge has been to source HD pics of a gen Seahunter ...
I really considered giving up but some days ago I found one so ... dial should be printed soon ...

zOGPVY.jpg
Awesome!! Looking awesome! :D

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
A couple of modified Seestern 600Ts. If they go for more accurate hands in the next generation I might go for manodeoro dials. What do you think?

z5fZtk.jpg

Same here. I would have already ordered a blue one if they had the correct hands. And I hope manodeoro is interested in making dials for them, I would definately order one.

Last week I've contacted a French (so close to me) watch hands factory to ask if they would make custom handsets for NH35 ... they said YES and they can work using Illustrator files.
Minimum order would be 20 pieces of each model.
I've emailed them my .ai files, one for Blacklung handset and one for 600T handset, and now I'm waiting for a quotation.
If price for each piece is not too high I will open a google form or a wishlist.
In the meantime I'm already working on the design for 600T dials :p

Reactions: sebman and Wark

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
That would be cool, count me in with a set for the 600t blue if price is ok.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I swim or dive in the ocean every day, all year, I love this watch!!!

Thank you @manodeoro

BTW ... this summer I lent my Seestern to my son for a real dive and he dived down to 40m without any problem ...
This is NOT a guarantee but these watches seem to be really waterproof ...

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
BTW ... this summer I lent my Seestern to my son for a real dive and he dived down to 40m without any problem ...
This is NOT a guarantee but these watches seem to be really waterproof ...
Fantastic! Your Doxa's are not just desk divers!

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
Very cool, you polished the bezel, changed the letter's color paint and changed the glass, right?

Do you have pictures of the red painting process? How did you remove the yellow paint and how did you apply the red paint?

What's the glass diameter?