• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DJ 41 - VS F or Clean F?

mettmett

Known Member
10/8/15
GERMANY
Gen 605 crown fitted (but not perfectly) as I wanted to have the perfect feel I installed the gen tube. The clean tube of the watch I replaced the tube was very short. The other one has a little bit longer tube so I can live with clean crown and clean tube. The optical difference isn’t so big, so I left them. And it’s not a must to shorten the stem but Vsf tube is “longer“ than clean so it could be that you have to shorten it. But this depends on the the clean case tube. So don’t worry.
Clean crown fits on vs3235 stem

rodriguezstyle

Supporter
Certified
9/1/17
Deutschland
I agree with Clean having the best case shape & rehaut engraving. VSF definitely has the better movement, Crystal, fluted bezel, date disc and crown. Out of the box I lean VSF for the movement.

Plating the bezel is a must for either if you opt for a fluted bezel. A genuine bezel is a very pricy upgrade and the plating looks wise gets it very close (FlanDad is who I use for bezel plating). The weight won’t match unless you opt for a genuine 18k white gold Rolex bezel.

Personally, I think both DateJust 41 models benefit greatly from mods.

My build is a pretty extensive super franken:
-Clean case
-VSF movement + gen new style rotor (eliminates rotor noise after service)
-Genuine crystal
-Genuine dial
-Genuine white gold hands
-Genuine WG bezel (replaced prior plated bezel)
-Genuine date disc
-Genuine crown
-Polished rehaut
-Case and bracelet refinished (re-brushed, re-polished to gen spec).
-Movement serviced & regulated
-Waterproofed
Crazy work!

Reactions: JLK33

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
It was low on power reserve when test it on Timegrapher, it’s fine :)
Watches are not staying full wind all the time :))
I will make another run for you and come back here

Reactions: Dave2302

woodenbull

Horology Curious
2/8/14
I’ve had both clean and vsf and both have good and bad point. As said before the fluted bezel is a tell on both unless you get it replated. Clean was slightly more yellow and closer to gen on fluted bezel in some lights.

The stock clean crystal wasn’t great but the case better than vsf but only just. Check out PROF crystals, the mint vsf one below has one and it’s great in comparison to stock. The third picture below shows the mint before the PROF crystal and change to smooth bezel… see how much better in pictures 1 and 2

For me the dial you want should drive the decision which way as the dial colours can vary…. My four below ( Wimbledon is clean rest are vsf )

…final picture shows blue vsf and Wimbledon clean side by side so you can compare cases… so similar
EXcellent information you shared here, Thank You!

Reactions: Ah0rsey

the_dems

Looking Around
19/12/23
I’ve had both clean and vsf and both have good and bad point. As said before the fluted bezel is a tell on both unless you get it replated. Clean was slightly more yellow and closer to gen on fluted bezel in some lights.

The stock clean crystal wasn’t great but the case better than vsf but only just. Check out PROF crystals, the mint vsf one below has one and it’s great in comparison to stock. The third picture below shows the mint before the PROF crystal and change to smooth bezel… see how much better in pictures 1 and 2

For me the dial you want should drive the decision which way as the dial colours can vary…. My four below ( Wimbledon is clean rest are vsf )

…final picture shows blue vsf and Wimbledon clean side by side so you can compare cases… so similar
Hi, a quick question about the blue dial VSF if you don’t mind?

Does the blue dial still have the black frame around the date window or have VSF. Ow corrected this with a blue frame around the date?

Thanks ☺️

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Hi, a quick question about the blue dial VSF if you don’t mind?

Does the blue dial still have the black frame around the date window or have VSF. Ow corrected this with a blue frame around the date?

Thanks ☺️
Hi, not sure if the current ones changed their spec's im afraid

Reactions: the_dems