• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DJ 41 - VS F or Clean F?

Sikici009

Horology Curious
11/5/20
Hello RWI. Iam looking for a Dj41 Ref 126334. I am very confused about which manufacturer it should be, Many sellers say both but what are u guys thinking?

Thanks..

hirtegirte

Seikopath
Supporter
Certified
22/4/22
Germany
I would say Clean if you are willing to change the crystal. OOTB I would say VSF
VSF also has the better movement

But I also would not go for the fluted bezel since its an instant tell imho. On gen you have two different metals which you can instantly see. On the rep the fluted bezel is also steel. But I think that is not a popular opinion here. I would go for smooth bezel because of this though

Sikici009

Horology Curious
11/5/20
Okay thanks, and what will it be if u gonna take one?. Its my first one so... Let me dont look a stupid :D

Reactions: PTVGA

TimeToTheSecardond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/21
What‘s up! I have a Dj41 with the fluted bezel and a blue roman dial and the jubilee bracelet for myself. I really like this watch and it‘s all I would want from a Rep. It even runs exactly with +-1 sec/day. So I would recommend CF to you although I don‘t have any experience with VSF Djs.

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU
Either one is fine, depends on what you value most. If you don’t want to change the crystal on the CF I’d go for the VSF.

There are many threads on this issue with more nuanced opinions if you use the search function :)

Reactions: Sikici009

Sikici009

Horology Curious
11/5/20
Either one is fine, depends on what you value most. If you don’t want to change the crystal on the CF I’d go for the VSF.

There are many threads on this issue with more nuanced opinions if you use the search function :)
I dont wanna use more power to chance stuff on it after i has buy it. So you say iam going for VSF or?

Sig9

Certified
2/1/23
Germany
ZF also produces Dj41. Anyone have experience with those?

Sikici009

Horology Curious
11/5/20
Then go for the VSF. Latest batches all have the ARF bracelet, good crystal and cyclops with no distortion and you get the VS 70 Hr PR movement.

Mine says hello 👋

Now I can see the reason why you have chosen VSF over Clean. Are you happy for it?

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Now I can see the reason why you have chosen VSF over Clean. Are you happy for it?
Yes it’s a very good replica. Only small issue is the bracelet. Despite being the better ARF unit, it still feels “cheap”. It feels light and hollow and has sharp edges in the midlinks. It’s not a deal breaker but it could have been made better. The oyster bracelets by ARF are very solid and have a higher quality wearing experience. Either way with The VSF or the Clean you get the same bracelet as both factories use it for their DJ reps.

Some say the clean has the more accurate colour dial, especially for the blue DJ and a better executed case ( lug accuracy ). This is very owner subjective and you’ll need to make your choice based on your own preferences. Neither VS or clean are better than the other, they offer different things… pick the ones you want and you’ll be happy. For me it was the crystal and movement and subjectively better blue dial colour - even though it’s less accurate I prefer it.

Sikici009

Horology Curious
11/5/20
Yes it’s a very good replica. Only small issue is the bracelet. Despite being the better ARF unit, it still feels “cheap”. It feels light and hollow and has sharp edges in the midlinks. It’s not a deal breaker but it could have been made better. The oyster bracelets by ARF are very solid and have a higher quality wearing experience. Either way with The VSF or the Clean you get the same bracelet as both factories use it for their DJ reps.

Some say the clean has the more accurate colour dial, especially for the blue DJ and a better executed case ( lug accuracy ). This is very owner subjective and you’ll need to make your choice based on your own preferences. Neither VS or clean are better than the other, they offer different things… pick the ones you want and you’ll be happy. For me it was the crystal and movement and subjectively better blue dial colour - even though it’s less accurate I prefer it.
Thank you very much for the in-depth explanation. As I said, I'm just confused about which manufacturer it should be, and that's why I'm asking for your advice on which one I should buy

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
I’ve had both clean and vsf and both have good and bad point. As said before the fluted bezel is a tell on both unless you get it replated. Clean was slightly more yellow and closer to gen on fluted bezel in some lights.

The stock clean crystal wasn’t great but the case better than vsf but only just. Check out PROF crystals, the mint vsf one below has one and it’s great in comparison to stock. The third picture below shows the mint before the PROF crystal and change to smooth bezel… see how much better in pictures 1 and 2

For me the dial you want should drive the decision which way as the dial colours can vary…. My four below ( Wimbledon is clean rest are vsf )

…final picture shows blue vsf and Wimbledon clean side by side so you can compare cases… so similar

Last edited:

nunu78

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/10
I’ve had both clean and vsf and both have good and bad point. As said before the fluted bezel is a tell on both unless you get it replated. Clean was slightly more yellow and closer to gen on fluted bezel in some lights.

The stock clean crystal wasn’t great but the case better than vsf but only just. Check out PROF crystals, the mint vsf one below has one and it’s great in comparison to stock. The third picture below shows the mint before the PROF crystal and change to smooth bezel… see how much better in pictures 1 and 2

For me the dial you want should drive the decision which way as the dial colours can vary…. My four below ( Wimbledon is clean rest are vsf )

…final picture shows blue vsf and Wimbledon clean side by side so you can compare cases… so similar
May I know about the Wimbledon , it’s clean but does it have any mods?

spongeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
18/2/23
UK
When I did my research there was very little looks wise between CF & VSF so I went for the better VS3235 movement in the VSF. I also pondered Fluted vs Smooth bezel, Jubilee vs Oyster bracelet and the many different dial colours... I decided I didn't want something that screamed REP or the fact that I was wearing a Rolex, so I went for this one:

VSF DateJust 41mm Smooth / Oyster with the Slate Grey dial... I love it and it's running perfectly, please forgive my crappy photo.

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
As I had the same dial as you only thing I can tell that going franken with this watch makes it the best rep.

Gen dial + crystal makes huge difference and an instant tell after I saw how it looks like.
You should try it.

IamBatman617

Horology Curious
31/1/23
MA
As I had the same dial as you only thing I can tell that going franken with this watch makes it the best rep.

Gen dial + crystal makes huge difference and an instant tell after I saw how it looks like.
You should try it.
I was actually pondering this too. I want the new updated VSF DJ41 Blue Face with a gen dial and crystal. My two questions are the cost of the Gen Dial and Crystal and where can I actually source them? Appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Reactions: flieger123

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
I was actually pondering this too. I want the new updated VSF DJ41 Blue Face with a gen dial and crystal. My two questions are the cost of the Gen Dial and Crystal and where can I actually source them? Appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Bought everything as a pack @ chrono24

Blue is more pricey than rhodium.

Reactions: Aicon