• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disappointing experience with ChazingTime

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
This isn't my first time purchasing with ChazingTime. Got a total of 3 pieces previously in my review below so I'm not just a new member taking a swing at them after waiting for a few days.

This experience however wasn't great at all. I'm still waiting on the QC of both my watches after almost 3 weeks. Let me give you a timeline and preface by saying I live in Singapore, so my timezone is the same as in China.

31/5 - Ordered and paid for V6F Hublot BB SS Ceramic
1/6 - Ordered and paid for BP CrPO Good Planet GMT (custom order)
3/6 - QC for CrPO GMT, had to reject because of crooked text.
6/6 - Been a week so asked what's up with the HBB SS Ceramic as I got QC for the same piece within 24 hours the previous time, gave me a standard reply "QC pics would be sent once they are ready". I wasn't happy with that reply but I admit it's only been 6 days and I was a little hasty.
9/6 - QC for HBB SS Ceramic, had to reject because of crooked marker (rare issue with this watch)
11/6 - Second QC for CrPO GMT, all looks good on the exterior so I said it looks great to me. After being put on the timegrapher I realised this was the V6F version with the Miyota 8215 since it was running 21600 bph and not the 28800 bph which the A2836 movement used in the BP version that I ordered. I asked for clarification on why this is the case.
12/6 - I waited for more than 24 hours before I actually sent an email to Ken to clarify what the situation is (Jay does QC and mends another email and Ken mends the main [email protected] from what I understand) After about 26 hours, Jay replied me saying he tested it again and asked the factory and this is the correct watch, not realising that I ordered the BP and not the V6F... After another 4 hours, both of them got back to me saying that they would change with the correct BP make and Ken apologised for the mistake.
18/6 - No new developments since then
20/6 QC for HBB SS - Markers aligned, accepted
21/6 Asked for refund for Omega CrPO GMT and got it in less than 5 minutes.

I do admit, I am new and I am impatient. But within the span of this one order, I've had 3 successful orders with 2 other TDs, one from V6F, one from H-maker and another from Noob factory. Two watches are already in my hands and the last has already been shipped with tracking sent to me.

Of all my 8 orders with TDs, this is also the first time I had to reject any QC. And I've had to reject both of them... I'm definitely no nitpicker but misalignment and crooked markers... That, I have to reject.

In the span of this time it also seems many others have already gotten their watches from ChazingTime. While I don't even have a single confirmed QC yet.

I really do not understand what's with the wait times on this order. It's been almost 3 weeks and as it stands, it doesn't seem as if I'm going to get my watches in my hands anytime soon.

I don't really see myself ordering with ChazingTime again after this experience unless something changes drastically right now.

EDIT: Have since asked for refund for the Omega CrPO GMT and got it.

Chellsea

Horology Curious
26/11/16
There is possibility that they couldn't get you BP version and they are trying to source it out! Hence sending you qc pics with 8215 low beat miyota movement.
Look I had similar experiences with different td's but patience is the key in this hobby.
Wait a week than ask to se what is going on. If no news it may be the case that BP version is not available at the moment. You may need to ask for refund or chose a rep that is available

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
As you said, you are new and impatient. Ken will not do wrong by you. Mistakes and or delays are common in this hobby.
3 weeks of wait time is not bad at all...you will be fine (some of my orders took 5-6 weeks of acquiring time...excluding shipping)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
I agree with the others. I would have confidence in Ken and wait a while longer. I do not see a problem with you touching base with him once a week though.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
"Swopping" the movement is frustrating. Have had a similar experience where a high value watch was ordered and paid for and because the TD couldnt get it a "similar" looking TopGun was ordered and QC'd but never advised. The supplied watch was about $100 cheaper....but the TD immediately credited me with the next order. But it does leave a lingering doubt...

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
There is possibility that they couldn't get you BP version and they are trying to source it out! Hence sending you qc pics with 8215 low beat miyota movement.
Look I had similar experiences with different td's but patience is the key in this hobby.
Wait a week than ask to se what is going on. If no news it may be the case that BP version is not available at the moment. You may need to ask for refund or chose a rep that is available

I do agree with you that patience is key, but the rest of your post I would like to respectfully disagree. I did ask for availability before making the order and Ken told me it was available. If I paid for a BP model and they got me a V6F model knowingly without telling me anything about it, I think we have a bigger problem here than the wait times I've been having.

As you said, you are new and impatient. Ken will not do wrong by you. Mistakes and or delays are common in this hobby.
3 weeks of wait time is not bad at all...you will be fine (some of my orders took 5-6 weeks of acquiring time...excluding shipping)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

It's true that I'm innately impatient but from most of the other posts by other users, I'm under the impression most orders take 7-14 days to complete from payment to getting the watch in their hands. I made a mistake on my first purchase by not checking for availability and had to wait 16 days for restock to happen. But having to wait this long is new to me, and I really don't believe this is the norm.

I agree with the others. I would have confidence in Ken and wait a while longer. I do not see a problem with you touching base with him once a week though.

I did enquire about what's up yesterday and I got this reply "jay wil send new qc pics once the maker issues him the new watch".

"Swopping" the movement is frustrating. Have had a similar experience where a high value watch was ordered and paid for and because the TD couldnt get it a "similar" looking TopGun was ordered and QC'd but never advised. The supplied watch was about $100 cheaper....but the TD immediately credited me with the next order. But it does leave a lingering doubt...

Wow, isn't that a very shady practice worthy of opening a ticket with help desk to make sure this situation is rectified?

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
if there is one guy that is great to deal with than its ken
like other say if the watch not availble at the moment what should he do than send you every day a message that its still not availble???
wait and you will hear from him

pechspils

4/9/16
Unless you accept the first round of QC photos, it usually takes another week for each roundtrip once you reject a watch. When ordering multiple watches, several weeks of back and forth are not unusual.

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
if there is one guy that is great to deal with than its ken
like other say if the watch not availble at the moment what should he do than send you every day a message that its still not availble???
wait and you will hear from him

How did I even imply such a thing with what I said...?

Chellsea

Horology Curious
26/11/16
You can disagree with me but I have little experience with similar situation. It is not unusual that td's respond to enquiry with yes we got it, but than preticular rep doesnt have movement in that was enquired!
Thats why inspecting QC pics and asking questions before you give ok is so so important.

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
You can disagree with me but I have little experience with similar situation. It is not unusual that td's respond to enquiry with yes we got it, but than preticular rep doesnt have movement in that was enquired!
Thats why inspecting QC pics and asking questions before you give ok is so so important.

Yeah, it's quite a weird situation that I'm in but I can kind of understand it since it was a custom order and they could've missed something. Good thing they provide timegrapher pics or I wouldn't even have known.

Sent from the RWI App

Chellsea

Horology Curious
26/11/16
Yeah, it's quite a weird situation that I'm in but I can kind of understand it since it was a custom order and they could've missed something. Good thing they provide timegrapher pics or I wouldn't even have known.

Sent from the RWI App
Yea lucky you spoted the difference. Look dont worry it may look like its dragging a bit but Im sure TD will sort it all and you will be happy with end result.

jimmy6

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Let's put it like that the "customer service" of chazingtime isn't what it used to be.

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Yea lucky you spoted the difference. Look dont worry it may look like its dragging a bit but Im sure TD will sort it all and you will be happy with end result.
Yeah I'm gonna give them one last week. If I still can't get things sorted and it's still this sluggish, I think it's time to ask for a refund and open tickets with help desk. I'm sure there are other TDs who are more motivated to take my order than they are.
Let's put it like that the "customer service" of chazingtime isn't what it used to be.
Yeah it's really unfortunate. It's very common especially when a small dealer starts to get greater volume.

Sent from the RWI App

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Update:
20/6 2nd QC for HBB, looks good this time.

BP seems to be MIA, going to send an email asking if there are problem with stock since it's been a week.

Sent from the RWI App

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Ken is still fantastic. Jay... I can't say the same.
Read > My 2 cents.

I double that. Ken is good but Jay's service & QC standard has dropped drastically. I once had to reluctantly accept a watch with a crooked marker cos he insisted that its 100% fine and is camera angle problem. Refused to make a change. Eventually I got the crooked marker watch. QC wait time has increased from 2-4 days to even 6-10 days now. Previously it took an average of 7-10 days before the watch reaches my hands upon order. Nowadays, it's about 15-20 days.

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
I double that. Ken is good but Jay's service & QC standard has dropped drastically. I once had to reluctantly accept a watch with a crooked marker cos he insisted that its 100% fine and is camera angle problem. Refused to make a change. Eventually I got the crooked marker watch. QC wait time has increased from 2-4 days to even 6-10 days now. Previously it took an average of 7-10 days before the watch reaches my hands upon order. Nowadays, it's about 15-20 days.
Sadly, it's a 2 man operation. So if Jay is dragging Ken down then I guess it can't be helped. I really wanted them to be my main TD since they offer really fast shipping and very good pricing but the service on these two orders... I'll pay that 30 or 40 more dollars

Sent from the RWI App

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i really dont get what makes you so impatient about waiting really; if you are looking for a watch that fast go into a local AD or buy a seiko off Amazon

Unless you are a local dealer with no stock which already has received many orders from customers..then what's with this kancheongness

PS: If I'm Ken i'd sadistically enjoy making you wait as long as possible

elchakas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/09
I agree with OP.
There must be a paradigm change on how we see TDs.
Customer service should be their #1 priority.