• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Satisfied with your Sub V5 Noob?

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
My version is pretty good, markers lined up, lume is perfect, bezel looks good, but the flip lock on the clasp sits slightly crooked, and it's a little annoying.

That's not too bad considering it isn't 7.5k

Then again, I've got the ND, which has much less to go wrong. The Sub date can be a pain when stuff isn't aligned..

vspede

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/15
I ordered the v5 sub C from BK a few days ago. From what he told me, it was in stock, for people still looking for one.

Junger

5/6/15
Get 2.3 mm crystal gasket if the crystal height is 1.8 mm.

Hi All, does anyone know how to fix the crystal height issue? I noticed the crystal height is a bit "protruded" from the bezel compare to the gen where it should be at the same level as the bezel.

2hot2trot

Horology Curious
9/8/14
I am still edging towards the No Date. The alignment always seems a little hit and miss on the date and cyclops

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
I am still edging towards the No Date. The alignment always seems a little hit and miss on the date and cyclops

It's very nice, would take a thorough inspection of the V5 ND, off wrist, for someone to spot it as a rep. The ND on the wrist has no major tells.

My flip lock clasp is giving me some trouble too lately.

Mine came DOA, my replacement is good except for the crooked flip lock. I'm hoping they can ace the clasp sometime soon. If the Pelagos clasp can be repped, this easily can..

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
so I have my Hulk v5 in process, but the images from the TD is so small you can't even properly QC. asked him to send me bigger files. it looks like to me that mine also has the wrong bracelet and clasp. i will see when the bigger files come in. it's so small i can't even see the engraving on the clasp. somtimes the way TD's behave annoy me and makes me parnoid. it's almost like they are trying to fool you on purpose. i just need a honest TD who wants my money for years to come.

GeorgeJung

Known Member
12/8/15
USA
Now I am getting confused. So the V5 has a better dial and bezel, but the case/lugs on the previous versions looked better?

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Just ordered my 2nd BK sub C. Black this time. I have the green one already. I think the QC BK does along with his slight mods is worth it plus its guaranteed swiss eta so you will have years of problem free movement.

moliro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/15
i recieved my v5 and gen 16610 at literally the same time... my v5 gets the most wrist eversince... not that i like it better than my gen, no... its a gen, i love it to bits... im always looking forward to wear it on my day offs... im confident enough to wear the v5 as ive seen and handled lots of gen 116610 during my trip in hk... yes im very satisfied with my v5...