• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got a gen GMTII today!

Rob4092xx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/12
I am really excited! I picked up a used GMTII, black, 2004 model, from a friend today. Came with the box, original sales receipt and all booklets. $2500....pretty good deal! I am going to put a Pepsi insert on it.

Love the watch! Pretty cool deal!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Mate, this sounds way to good to be true. Do get it authenticated. Congrats and I truly wish you the best of luck.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Damn! $2,500 for a 16710 is amazing. How is the condition? He must have really wanted to get rid of it or just wanted to give you a good deal on it. I've seen these go for much more than this for just the head only.

Awesome deal and please post up some pics.

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
we all know box and papers mean nothing. You can get them on ebay. He bought a rep, some box and papers on ebay and put them together to make a quick buck.

Rob4092xx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/12
Too funny! No, I took it to a local jewelers who verified it is the real thing! I am going to get a gen Pepsi bezel, have it serviced and it should be like a new watch!

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
Too funny! No, I took it to a local jewelers who verified it is the real thing! I am going to get a gen Pepsi bezel, have it serviced and it should be like a new watch!

Make sure it is a knowledgeable jewler. Took my pro-hunter dssd with decorated 3135 to a pawn shop that actually had a few rollies on the window display. Wanted to see if the watch did indeed have the decorated 3135. I told him I got the watch from a friend and wanted to open the caseback to see if it's gen, he check it out and gave me the a-ok.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Here's something interesting. I asked a very reputable local AD at the Mall of America if they would ever authenticate a used Rolex and they said no. They said they do not open case backs.

I also concur with other posts that you need to make sure you have an experienced jeweler who works with Rolex take a look at it.

By the way, when you unscrew the crown to set the time, what direction do you turn the crown to get the hands to move clockwise around the dial?

Where are the pics? You just posted the equivalent of "Hey guys, take a look at this unbelievably gorgeous babe and her amazing rack" and then you left us high and dry with no pics. Boo!