• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs seizure

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
I severely doubt that they can MAKE you pay 70 euro. Though, now that you've admitted to them that you knew it wasn't genuine, it's possible.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
There are so many failures in this thread. This could've all been avoided from step one. But it's a good lesson for everyone out there, so they don't end up making the same mistake.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Indeed. If customs contacts you, deny everything. If you're buying from a trusted dealer, they'll usually re-ship the piece somehow, though their terms differ. If you're dealing with a member sale, it hurts but it has to be written off as a loss.

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
Yes, definitely from Rolex. I am one of their clients I bought a gen SA from them.

SA ??
I can't think of what a Rolex SA is ... do you mean a Breitling Super Avenger?

You aren't a client of Rolex - if you can't tell the difference between Rolex and a Rolex dealer ..............

studio1one

28/10/10
SA ??

You aren't a client of Rolex - if you can't tell the difference between Rolex and a Rolex dealer ..............

I would assume the rolex rep on Malta is an AD who also sells Breits, its not unusual in small places

Lorentzo

4/5/10
SA ??

He surely means the AD. And They sure don't give out the names of all customers buying breitlings to rolex. Then he really would have something to mess with them about :p I still think there is a chance that this is made up. Either by the thread starter or somebody who just wants his money..

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
I would assume the rolex rep on Malta is an AD who also sells Breits, its not unusual in small places
Even if that's true, I differ to my previous post. Buying a Breitling from a Rolex AD doesn't make you an expert on Rolex correspondence authenticity.

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
The OP doesn't have a beef with a Rolex dealer.
The issue is between Rolex and the OP.
Rolex would send such correspondence not the dealer, but the OP doesn't seem to understand the difference.

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
The OP doesn't have a beef with a Rolex dealer.
The issue is between Rolex and the OP.
Rolex would send such correspondence not the dealer, but the OP doesn't seem to understand the difference.

i think so too, the letter states that the AD was writing on behalf of Rolex. Its probably a standard letter that they have for anyone importing a rep and "stealing" their business. they just print it off and mail it. I strongly believe that Rolex never heard about the matter at all. The AD took it into his own hands to send the letter.

sebzbox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/08
You clearly did read the letter correctly, It's from Iurismalta, a law firm specializing in combating counterfeiting and piracy. Clearly Rolex has them on the payroll in Malta.

The AD probably is the expert that analyzed actual rep. But in no way this letter was from them. the AD has no right in this but they can be asked to go to court as an expert.

Rolex probably is aware of this but they probably told the customs office to contact this law firm to send the usual letter. All seems very normal and mostly is to scare you away as they have no time to deal with you.

Still you should have not gone that far....but hey, now I know what would happen if I actually answer one of those custom letters... I still think you got away really easy. If it was my law firm I would have billed you 10x more for being that stupid!

Sorry I meant : you (sawalke4) DID NOT read the letter

You clearly did read the letter correctly, It's from Iurismalta, a law firm specializing in combating counterfeiting and piracy. Clearly Rolex has them on the payroll in Malta.

The AD probably is the expert that analyzed actual rep. But in no way this letter was from them. the AD has no right in this but they can be asked to go to court as an expert.

Rolex probably is aware of this but they probably told the customs office to contact this law firm to send the usual letter. All seems very normal and mostly is to scare you away as they have no time to deal with you.

Still you should have not gone that far....but hey, now I know what would happen if I actually answer one of those custom letters... I still think you got away really easy. If it was my law firm I would have billed you 10x more for being that stupid!

Sorry I meant : you (sawalke4) DID NOT read the letter

Sorry for the post above... I dunnot know what happened...

Streetrod

23/8/10
This is just plain stupid... Not only OP lost his watch but another 70euros for believing he talk his way thru...

firnatine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/09
Rolex AD in Malta is the importer for other brands. the super avenger was bought from them . these posts gave me an idea... i will visit them and discuss this issue ...surely they would not attack a client.
http://www.elcol.com/Brands/Watches

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Dude, I don't know what you Maltese smoke or drink to get this delusional, but I want some!

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
Rolex AD .. i will visit them and discuss this issue ...surely they would not attack a client.
http://www.elcol.com/Brands/Watches

The AD sells a range of high-end watches. They're unlikely to be impressed with anyone importing replicas - customer or not.

But it's not the AD that's after you ... the letter of demand came from the lawyers representing Montres Rolex SA.
It's unlikely that the dealer would have any influence there or be willing to try.

You really need to learn when to cut you losses.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
This is a bit like a drug smuggler writing the DEA about his confiscated cocaine, insisting it be returned.

firnatine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/09
Well at least I could avoid the 70 Euro,convertion to $100.