• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs seizure

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
Can we not sticky this as 'what not to do if customs seize your watch', so others know not to panic and get themselves in a similar mess.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
This has to be a joke. If it's not, then why? Why go through all this crap for a rep watch? Instead of denying and cutting losses, the OP has agreed to pay out of pocket to destroy the watch so the he is now without watch and money. He'll also likely be on the radar of local customs from now on.

I really do think this is a joke :picard:

studio1one

28/10/10
Please just pay the 70 bucks and put an end to this ridiculous saga. I can't believe you put your name and address up on here

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Jeez. Why don't you post your Social Security Number too while you're at it !

Looks like you will get off easy. They only want $70 bucks from you.

villemus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/11
thanks for sharing this.

but OP must have some sorts of rights, right?

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
... OP must have some sorts of rights, right?

Rights? The right to do what? Trade in counterfeit goods? Clearly not.

He lost his rep, paid $100 bucks to the lawyer (round numbers) and got in return the scrutiny of the local government and of Rolex.

Time to switch to Seiko and Orient, perhaps?

Rustbucket

Looking Around
26/2/11
Have read this read from beginning to end just now. Twit ! Pick your fights. Very tunnel visioned.

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
I'd be surprised if the author of that letter in any way "represents" rolex, or had had any contact with them regarding this matter. Most likely they just searched the customs records, sent out a official sounding, cleverly worded letter with the true intention of getting 70 from the guy by scaring him into paying. Every time I get a speeding ticket I get 20 letters from lawyers...

Or maybe some lawyer reading this thread is having a little fun?

That said, he kind of deserves it, and really has no choice but to pay at this point...

Lorentzo

4/5/10
I'd be surprised if the author of that letter in any way "represents" rolex, or had had any contact with them regarding this matter. Most likely they just searched the customs records, sent out a official sounding, cleverly worded letter with the true intention of getting 70 from the guy by scaring him into paying. Every time I get a speeding ticket I get 20 letters from lawyers...

Or maybe some lawyer reading this thread is having a little fun

That was what my father said when I told him the story! Apparently it is not very unusual to see things like these happen.

Firnatine are u really sure it is from rolex? It might be a scam. Maybe even from some dude at the post office..

firnatine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/09
Yes, definitely from Rolex. I am one of their clients I bought a gen SA from them.

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Yes, definitely from Rolex. I am one of their clients I bought a gen SA from them.

Actually I think it is quite badwill that they do this. Yes you are still supporting the illegal repmaking industry, but they will probably lose a customer by doing this. The money they made from selling you the SA is hundredfold the money they lose because of your repbuying.. This is only to make an example. But unwise to choose a customer to attack...

tgd3

18/11/10

But if that's not the case and the OP ignored it he would lose an opportunity to finally get this over with. And those costs could go up exponentially. Rolex most likely has a firm on retainer to deal with this kind of BS. Be thankful they only want 70 euro.