• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs seizure

firnatine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/09
I must share this with you:

Around ten days ago I traded a YM 21j from a member here which in my opinion is very trustful. All went well, two days ago I received a letter from the EMS to collect parcel at customs. This where the story starts .
I was asked to provide a invoice for the watch , I formally stated that this was a trade and the watch was used ,as some scratches could prove this . This was not enough and a counterfeit squad was introduced to examine . They did nothing to impress me, looked at the watch and nodded like morons . I promptly stated that by looking at the watch this will not identify any authenticity . They replied that the Rolex AD will get into this and for all they will get in touch of you with their attorneys. So their goes my YM down the drain.Thanks for reading

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
WOW.. you shouldn't have gone down there IMO.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Whoa, I feel for you. This has gone wrong badly. I hope it turns out well.

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
Thats what I will do, deny .

I wouldn't lose sleep over this. I doubt Rolex will ever look at it and I can guarantee they would not pursue legal action over one watch. The lost of litigation over such a low priced item would not be fruitful.

Sorry for the loss. Where was it being shipped to and from?

firnatine

Banned
14/8/09
Belize,US to my country Malta, Eu.....True about not worrying though the local AD knows me as I bought my Gen SA from him...kind of a shame ,don't you think

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
It truly is a shame. Likely just a customs agent on a power trip; thinks he is making the world a better place.

firnatine

Banned
14/8/09
Guys , here this ....I spoke to a Police Guy and he replied that all EMS parcels are examined ,as they are located in china . This was the mistake done by my member here . We learn by trial and error .

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
Guys , here this ....I spoke to a Police Guy and he replied that all EMS parcels are examined ,as they are located in china . This was the mistake done by my member here . We learn by trial and error .

Although packages from China come through EMS, I thought EMS was an international co-operative organization that utilizes countries intra-state mail systems to effectuate quick delivery throughout the world. Am I wrong?

firnatine

Banned
14/8/09
Yes I agree, but over here the customs officers have the an age of a century and as a moron thinks they judged its from China ...Now I sent a letter to the local newspapers. We'll see whats next.

Simonporsche

Horology Curious
11/9/10
I think you should just walk away from this one, after all it's a counterfeit rolex and your in the wrong, getting the papers involved might back fire on you. Just looking out for you. Lesson learnt as you say, just insist on a different shipper from now on.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yeah, listen to the experienced folks on here. Walk away from it and take it as an expensive lesson. We're dealing in counterfit goods here. No different to any other illegal activity in the eyes of the law.

firnatine

Banned
14/8/09
Don't get me wrong , an advice from my lawyer said said the same, if its a fake there no reason to end up in court . But the reason is here they have no right to take it . So this is the issue here! I did not buy the YM it arrived as a gift. Thats illegal . This is why I got the media in this.

JC7

15/6/10
contacted the media.. you are causing unnecessary attention to yourself and us. that was stupid.

INeedaWatch2

Renowned Member
5/11/09
Just don't bring unwanted attention to the trade. It may have been a gift but investigators will ask where you got the item and since it was EMS, they know the address of the orgin and where it was shipped from, so now they will go to that person and ask questions....even down to it may have been a gift that he was sending out, but they want to know where he got it from and so on....so I agree with the troop just walk away. Gift or not, and no matter where you or who you got it from.....all signs point to our trade and this could and has the potential to get worse....its up to us not to let it.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Yes I agree, but over here the customs officers have the an age of a century and as a moron thinks they judged its from China ...Now I sent a letter to the local newspapers. We'll see whats next.

The letter from Customs, to the local newspapers? What result do you expect from that action?