• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs seizure

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
Dude your address isn't very well covered up, what you going about that letter?

tigerwoods

I'm Pretty Popular
14/1/11
The Milkyway
DSCF4658.jpg

DSCF4657.jpg

Good luck with that one!

Sorry for your misfortune!

firnatine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/09
Dear Madame,

I trust that this email finds you well and healthy. This email is a reply in conjunction with the watch seized by the local authorities . First of all I would appreciate an understanding which regards and I quote your letter ''illegally imported''. The watch was not imported and to my knowledge I have never and will never engage myself in such importation. As I am enrolled and currently an educatee in the Faculty of Health Sciences in the University of Malta, I am in contact with several students around the globe for the purpose of exchanging information that regards our studies. I have encountered sites on the web that improve our research and thus forward links to fellow students. A colleague from Belize in the United States perceived this knowledge and to grant his appreciation dispatched a gift. I was notified by the Customs by a letter for which I attended to. Unexpectedly after opening the parcel I found a watch, which apparently I did not exercise any inspection. A customs officer strongly instructed me to release the parcel from my hand and declared that this watch is seized by the customs. I considered this action as abuse of power. On the other hand I agree with you that no one is to violate any laws, I also believe that counterfeits dissolve the economy. Myself I believe that such a watch with a deceiving movement has no prestige, though this watch is still a significant gift which a colleague mailed to show his gratitude . Surely Rolex manufactures would not conclude that I attempted to associate in the trading of counterfeits.

Regards
Charles Cassar

studio1one

28/10/10
Do not respond without taking legal advice, get your solicitor to respond for you. The more you get involved the worse you will make things. Going down there in the first place was a bad decision. Telling lies and bullshit to get out of it could well make things worse. You have already told customs it was a trade and now you are telling them it was a gift from an academic.

Just take legal advice and let them respond for you.

BigChief

Renowned Member
8/5/09
One of the first things I learned with reps is that if customs gets it, let them have it. Deny it was for you etc.
I ordered 4 watches from dealer and they got seized by customs. I got the nasty gram from them saying they had 4 counterfit rolex watches.
Letter went straight into the shredder.
Bottom line is this. Your stuff gets seized....do nothing...dont call...dont send letters....and by all means dont go down there.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Has this ever happened to anyone in the US ? I receive stuff from China a lot and always have to go to the USPS to sign for it. I'd hate to be in this situation. This is not good for this guy.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Has this ever happened to anyone in the US ? I receive stuff from China a lot and always have to go to the USPS to sign for it. I'd hate to be in this situation. This is not good for this guy.
Rarely. Never have more than 1 or 2 watches sent in the same shipment, and if Customs contacts you in any way, deny any knowledge of any package. You were not expecting anything and do not know anyone in China.
Then move on.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have a feeling that as these Reps become better and better, they will look for a way to crack down on it here in the US. It has to be impacting the sales numbers for the watchmakers. The reps are so good now, that people like myself who would previously never consider wearing a "canal st " rep, now are obsessed with this rep world.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I have a feeling that as these Reps become better and better, they will look for a way to crack down on it here in the US. It has to be impacting the sales numbers for the watchmakers. The reps are so good now, that people like myself who would previously never consider wearing a "canal st " rep, now are obsessed with this rep world.
Yes - but most people are buying reps because they either cannot afford or simply refuse to pay the prices of the gens. Rep sales cut into gen sales very little if any at all because the rep buyers would never have been potential clients of the gen manufacturers anyway. On the other hand, many people who have owned and fallen in love with a particular rep model or two save up to buy the gens, thus creating new customers who may never have justified the cost.
So basically, I don't buy the premise that rep watches reduce gen watch sales.

Autobahn

21/10/10
Deny Deny Deny. Never Reply. Deny or your present lifestyle may die. Deny, any knowledge. the watch is no gift or anything else. Silence is golden.

BTW Deny

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Tough to deny knowledge when you send a letter to the local news and dispute the legality of a seizure with customs. :facepalm:

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Firnatine, you Have to continue updating this thread! This is starting to get really interesting :) (i study law..) I'm sorry for you though, because if Rolex really want to take legal actions and not only want to threaten you I don't think that you have much to put up against them.

Edit: Though on the other hand, don't threads like this make it easier for them to track us repbuyers and maybe take actions against the dealers too?

SwissOmega

19/5/10
So my reaction to reading this whole fiasco goes something like this; :facepalm::picard::picard2::headdesk:
member_7994386jpeg.gif

The way this is going, you are going to wind up in court over something very silly. I am pretty sure that this thread can be used as evidence and as an admission of guilt which would hurt everyone involved.

Not that it would ever get that far, or that RWI would ever be involved, but who would have guessed that someone would have allowed this to escalate the way it has.

Please end this now while you are really really really behind.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If he blacks out his name and info , there is no legal way they can attach this thread , or anything involved with it to him. At least by US judicial standards.

SwissOmega

19/5/10
If he blacks out his name and info , there is no legal way they can attach this thread , or anything involved with it to him. At least by US judicial standards.

And just a few min afterward, Full name and address posted by the OP......... this guy is incredible. :picard2:

oh well looks like all his prodding only lost him the watch and an additional $70

Next step...... Learn from this!

(hope this is the end)