• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Confess - what are the watches others love but you hate?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Thank you for making this thread. I need to vent.

Rolex 116610 LV 'Hulk' is really f***ing ugly.

Rolex Pearlmaster as well.
Rolex-Pearlmaster-Ultimate-Guide.jpg

Last edited:

Cigar_Guy97

Supporter
Certified
3/8/23
USA
Panerai for sure, RM as well.
I absolutely love Daytona's, although, for whatever reason, as soon as I see one with an Oyster Flex bracelet I instantly lose interest. I have tried my hardest to come to like the Oyster Flex, just cant seem to do it lol

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Panerai for sure, RM as well.
I absolutely love Daytona's, although, for whatever reason, as soon as I see one with an Oyster Flex bracelet I instantly lose interest. I have tried my hardest to come to like the Oyster Flex, just cant seem to do it lol
Do you get the “70s moustachioed man of action” vibe? I feel like if you’re on the Oysterflex train you should probably also have an excessively serrated knife strapped to your calf and a tactical looking snorkel, so as to properly complete the ensemble, you see.

Last edited:

Untwist1637

I love cats
Patron
19/5/24
anything with gold or diamonds. probably rolex datejusts and day dates. I keep telling myself it's not jewelry but I know I'm not being honest with myself.

MySharona

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
21/9/12
NC
I have tried my hardest to come to like the Oyster Flex, just cant seem to do it lol
Agreed... adding a rubber strap to a Rolex is one thing... actually selling it that way... just seems cheap. I also hate 6 digit subs. IMO 4 digit and 5 digit Rolex is the way (with a few exceptions of course... those that have remained relatively unchanged). I feel newer Rolex does a lot to cheapen production costs while still raising prices. As far as I'm concerned the only reason Rolex put an exhibition caseback on the Le Mans is not to showcase a rather lackluster looking movement, but so they can cut out over an ounce of platinum per watch. Black bezels on a Yacht Master. I don't care what it's made of and how space age. It looks like plastic.

And ANYTHING on a Nato.
I fucking hate Nato straps. Over abundantly large and bulky like a little boy wearing his dad's belt. WTF. I really came here to trounce the Nato exclusively but got caught up otherwise.
Fucking Nato.
Thus ends my rant.

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
Any Nautilus with a 324 inside. Don't care how nice it looks to some (doesn't that much to me), it's the poster boy for overhyped watches and the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the watch market today. Everyone I know is in awe of this watch but when you think of it, it's a pretty basic 3 hands watch with a movement that has been put in every entry level Patek for ages.

The truth about the Nautilus is that it's just the red haired cousin of the Royal Oak. Gerald Genta designed both. He confessed that it took him one day to design the RO whereas it only took him one hour to later design the Nautilus.

Fefe

Getting To Know The Place
30/7/23
King of Prussia, PA
Brand agnostic, but lay it out for us - what is a watch that you fully or partially abhor, whether publicly or privately, but which others seem to absolutely adore?

In my case, you must forgive me, Church of Rolex, for I have sinned against nature - I just don’t love Daytonas.

I’ve known a lot of different kinds of Rolex owners… but the stainless and gold Daytona combo has, to my mind, consistently belonged to older, well to do men on their way to or from playing tennis in too much white clothing… or pastels which do not suit them, perhaps with a sweater around the shoulders. The only other assured accoutrement is an elephant hide tier permatan.

It’s not that there’s anything wrong with any of the that, but in the wild, the style is seldom varied on this particular watches’ wearers.

While I like the Zenith El Primero, I’m just not all that into the older Daytonas.

String me up! String yourselves up! Bring your confession out into the open! Burn the shame up in the light of truth!

Only by exposing these vile confessions to your peers might you begin to atone!
In general, I don't like Rolex. I know!! I would wear a free gold Daytona if it was given to me for free, but overall, I never cared for the way a Rolex looks.

Reactions: bellepoxy

themaxx25

If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/4/24
CONUS
RM as well.
Couldn't agree more! I can't get down with Jubilee bracelet or the Oyster Flex.

No to RMs! I'm coming around on the Panerai...slowly.

Agreed... adding a rubber strap to a Rolex is one thing... actually selling it that way... just seems cheap. I also hate 6 digit subs. IMO 4 digit and 5 digit Rolex is the way (with a few exceptions of course... those that have remained relatively unchanged). I feel newer Rolex does a lot to cheapen production costs while still raising prices. As far as I'm concerned the only reason Rolex put an exhibition caseback on the Le Mans is not to showcase a rather lackluster looking movement, but so they can cut out over an ounce of platinum per watch. Black bezels on a Yacht Master. I don't care what it's made of and how space age. It looks like plastic.

And ANYTHING on a Nato.
I fucking hate Nato straps. Over abundantly large and bulky like a little boy wearing his dad's belt. WTF. I really came here to trounce the Nato exclusively but got caught up otherwise.
Fucking Nato.
Thus ends my rant.
Nato, WTF is right!

Any Nautilus with a 324 inside. Don't care how nice it looks to some (doesn't that much to me), it's the poster boy for overhyped watches and the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the watch market today. Everyone I know is in awe of this watch but when you think of it, it's a pretty basic 3 hands watch with a movement that has been put in every entry level Patek for ages.

The truth about the Nautilus is that it's just the red haired cousin of the Royal Oak. Gerald Genta designed both. He confessed that it took him one day to design the RO whereas it only took him one hour to later design the Nautilus.

Agreed, I don't understand the popularity at all. I like the vintage Patek's but no thanks on the Nautilus!