• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Confess - what are the watches others love but you hate?

Sven770714

Getting To Know The Place
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/7/23
UK
Yes but in order to be called a millionaire you just need 1. Im a millionaire but only if I liquidate everything. Lol But what my bank account shows it much different. But I also enjoy all watches so even if I was a billionaire I would still have Casios Seikos etc. anything that I find fun.
Oh yes! Just arrived. I’m sure I’ll be a millionaire soon now that I have this.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
Help me out, what Rolex would be a better replacement for a Tudor FXD Marine Nationale?
Any old Sub on a NATO?

I fact just get yourself a Pagani fake Sub on an £8 eBay single pass piss poor "NATO" strap.

After all that's what the Tudor is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave2302

Sven770714

Getting To Know The Place
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/7/23
UK
Brand agnostic, but lay it out for us - what is a watch that you fully or partially abhor, whether publicly or privately, but which others seem to absolutely adore?

In my case, you must forgive me, Church of Rolex, for I have sinned against nature - I just don’t love Daytonas.

I’ve known a lot of different kinds of Rolex owners… but the stainless and gold Daytona combo has, to my mind, consistently belonged to older, well to do men on their way to or from playing tennis in too much white clothing… or pastels which do not suit them, perhaps with a sweater around the shoulders. The only other assured accoutrement is an elephant hide tier permatan.

It’s not that there’s anything wrong with any of the that, but in the wild, the style is seldom varied on this particular watches’ wearers.

While I like the Zenith El Primero, I’m just not all that into the older Daytonas.

String me up! String yourselves up! Bring your confession out into the open! Burn the shame up in the light of truth!

Only by exposing these vile confessions to your peers might you begin to atone!
Apple Wrist Phones!

I really really hate them.

Reactions: Mkempes

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Cartier watches for men. They are ok for women but look stupid on a man.
To each their own. Not very long ago I held the very same opinion, then this happened to me.

It’s not a watch which is anywhere near as ubiquitous across styles as an Explorer, for instance.

You either need to be dressed commensurate - which is to say, by my previous standards of work attire, a bit OTT - or conspicuously showing how absolutely not commensurate with the watch’s aesthetic you are. There is precious little space in between to operate effectively, to my mind.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/1/08
Nyc
Rolex Daytona despite owning one, Rolex submariner, any hublot despite owning one again lol, Cartier pasha, Cartier tank, new Rolex gmt - Batman, bat girl, bat shit.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
When it comes to Cartier Tank, primarily Louis, none of the conventional rules apply. There's no other watch like this; not even a Reverso is in the same realm.

makoberry

Known Member
13/8/09
The original black Speedmaster is the most boring watch imaginable. It’s the watch equivalent of looking at an Excel spreadsheet. It’s dull and lacks any form of personality.

(Yes, I have owned the gen) :D

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I hate square watches, well actually hate is a strong word, dislike most would be more appropriate in my case.

Re Omega Speedys and completely at the other end of the spectrum of hated vs liked watch, this is a unique build by a talented friend on here, he isn't gonna do another, I was privileged to be able to buy it, it arrived today and I absolutely love it (y)

Omega Speedy MoonSwatch, "Colours of Ireland"

• Love
Reactions: xray7 and Karbon74