• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Confess - what are the watches others love but you hate?

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Just the whole watch game. Now watches are just a show of wealth. I love the way all watches look but now with these amazing reps its really showing us you are just paying for a name, and to tell people when you are not by your expensive car or house that you have money. I love all watches from Casios at $20 and up. To me as they say its a way to measure the 4th dimension which we really dont understand. Shit there was a chick who was with a friend and she said she loves guys with a AP. Not Rolex but AP……bitch I know the only reason you like a guy who wears a AP its because they are usually more wealthy to afford a $40-60k and more watch than a poor mans Rolex lol. She was just a gold digger. Honest I just love how the watch looks I can care less about the movement. Its shit I cannot see most of the time and when I do even a Seiko movement to me is nice. And fyi my seiko and even rep movement were extremely correct to a dead on time. No seconds lost to even under 5-10 sec a week. Which just shows you how good time keeping has become.

Also limited watches which only few get to own because of a color aka Patek Tiffany. And people eat it up. So its same watch just different color and we are dumb enough to think thats worth millions more.

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Nobody adores Yacht Masters surely..
There was a time there where I felt as though ADs who couldn’t move their YMs while the Submariner wait list turned into a case of bordering on intergenerational waiting conspired to drive a concept of “the Submariner is a watch for the guy hired to drive the boat or who has rented it, whereas the Yachtmaster is for the man who owns the boat” into the public consciousness… but it didn’t catch on.

I have seen at least one instance of someone in the C suite buying their gen, used Submariner as their “I finally made it” watch being outflexed by their CEO boss buying a brand new YM and treating it as “‘meh, I felt like it” kind of purchase.

Last edited:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
There was a time there where I felt ADs who couldn’t move their YMs while the sub wait list turned into a case of bordering on intergenerational waiting conspired to drive the concept of “the Submariner is a watch for the guy hired to drive the boat or who has rented it, whereas the Yachtmaster is for the man who owns the boat”, but it didn’t catch on.

I have seen at least one instance of someone in the C suite buying their gen Submariner as their “I finally made it” watch being outflexed by their CEO boss buying the YM and treating it as “‘meh, I felt like it” kind of purchase.
I feel like the current YM is too... inbetween.

If you want a true blue diver, the Sub is the better option...

If you want a dressy/flash piece then the Datejust fluted bezel looks infinitely better than the cartoon numeral YM bezel

Want a PM watch? Daydate is a better option especially with a full bracelet....

So the Yachtmaster is some bastard wild child in between that is unloved, it tries to do it all but doesnt achieve any of the design cues of the other Rolex watches

And unironically I think the YM2 has more fans than the current YM. Hate it or love it at least it has it's own design and quirks. The Yachtmaster looked like a coked out Rolex executive wanted a new watch released and just mashed random ideas together.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Love the look of Breitlings and has always been a fan of how they look in press photographs and catalogues. Everything single time I get sucked in, the watch goes on wrist and I end up hating it. I wish I didn't have girly wrists but thems the ropes!

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
RM's especially the gazillions with all the guts showing instead of a dial :ROFLMAO:

Yachtie 2 is a great piece if you are a nautical geezer like me, I'm not a lover of boats that don't have HUUUUGE Engines and do at least 60mph, but I spent years in one of my V8 Powerboats doing "Lead Boat" for Medway Yacht Club's annual Regatta, was always a great day out on the water in the new year, and when you understand how Regatta's are timed you realise just what a useful bit of kit the YM 2 is .............

I also love most chronographs especially those that are motor sport orientated and time 1/10ths. Divers, and silly large or loud colours, eg Celebration. I have 3 with "gold" a nice pair of 2 Tones and a half decent as new YM II all "gold", that new arrival fucker is also weighted 🙃

There now I've managed to probably piss off all my buddies here and get totally flamed for my choices, but flamed is cool, it brings on the craic :ROFLMAO: